vpplayer2016
vpplayer2016
  • Threads: 2
August 14th, 2023 at 10:08:35 PM permalink
I recently saw the new Lightning Buffalo Link for the first time. Same game as the original Buffalo Link except there is another progressive level above Grand called the Super Grand and it was at about $22k (guessing it resets at $20k). Similar to the Grand bonus, you are awarded the Super if you get all 20 buffalo in the Hold & Spin bonus, but with the additional stipulation that the Hold & Spin has to be initiated while you are in a Free Spins bonus (either by spinning 3 or more coin symbols or triggering the must hit by 1800 buffalo).

There were 2 plays at my normal number for regular Buffalo Link, so i decided to give it a try. The first was a $20 bet and the must hit took 476 more buffalo to hit (Hold and Spin)...and unfortunately that was the ONLY bonus I hit in that session. Finished down 150 bets. Ouch. I've never had a play that bad on regular Buffalo Link (-0.315 bets per buffalo).

The other play was a $3 bet. Must hit went after only 284 more buffalo and I finished about 150 bets ahead (+0.528 bets per buffalo), with 3 hold and Spin bonuses and no free spin bonuses. Note that one of my hold and Spin bonuses had a 200:1 buffalo which skews the result a bit more positive than what would be typical.

Curious what other people have found on this game thus far. I'm thinking the playable numbers need to be a fair amount higher on this Lightning version to be a positive play, but maybe that just perception with there being a larger jackpot and more variance. And of course with only 2 data points so far, it's obviously not enough to draw conclusions off of, but more so the fact that I had a session worse than I have ever seen in regular Buffalo Link (approximately 50 sessions which is still a relatively small sample size but enough for -150 bets in 476 Buffalo to feel like an outlier).

Oh and one other nice feature for speed players - when tallying up the wins at the end of the Hold & Spin bonus, you can hit the Spin button to instantly rack them all more aggrevation of having to stare at a screen of 19 buffalo for a whopping total of 20 bets lol.
vpplayer2016
vpplayer2016
  • Threads: 2
August 17th, 2023 at 11:26:05 AM permalink
Disregard
Sulfur5989
Sulfur5989
  • Threads: 7
August 22nd, 2023 at 1:27:21 PM permalink
i personnally play them the same as the regular one. didn't notice anything different really. I had a 500/1 payout on the 1$ bet level with the free games and before going into the bonus the machine did play a special sound. I think i had about 80 games with multiple hold and spins within.
  • Jump to: