ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
December 28th, 2020 at 10:19:05 PM permalink
The AT&T blackouts are cascading around the country. Buffalo may be getting hit. The west coast looks like it's getting hit. NYC & NJ are getting hit, etc.. Where there's blackouts, credit cards may not work and stores may close because of that (especially during a national coin shortage). Other carriers are being affected. So I'll have to assume the video lottery terminals won't work if the carrier they're on fails, and those racinos will unexpectedly close.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
December 29th, 2020 at 5:35:51 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

The AT&T blackouts are cascading around the country. Buffalo may be getting hit. The west coast looks like it's getting hit. NYC & NJ are getting hit, etc.. Where there's blackouts, credit cards may not work and stores may close because of that (especially during a national coin shortage). Other carriers are being affected. So I'll have to assume the video lottery terminals won't work if the carrier they're on fails, and those racinos will unexpectedly close.

No part of NY or NJ where I am at is hit.

Google didn't turn anything up.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
December 29th, 2020 at 7:18:29 AM permalink
AT&T Outage Map https://istheservicedown.com/problems/att/map
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
December 29th, 2020 at 8:20:30 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

AT&T Outage Map https://istheservicedown.com/problems/att/map

It's hitting Brooklyn, NY. Which has no Racinos
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
December 29th, 2020 at 1:41:09 PM permalink
I thought by law that nothing can affect the outcome. As in if the server is not available the machines still make a choice and then update the server when it becomes available
  • Jump to: