James85
James85
Joined: Nov 8, 2014
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 12
December 8th, 2019 at 1:38:42 PM permalink
I usually play blackjack. I would like to try out slots, Is it true that after x amount of spins that you are guaranteed a free spins round?

What could be a minimum amount of spins needed for the free spins ?- 10 or 60 ?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 139
  • Posts: 17966
December 8th, 2019 at 1:59:20 PM permalink
Quote: James85

I usually play blackjack. I would like to try out slots, Is it true that after x amount of spins that you are guaranteed a free spins round?

What could be a minimum amount of spins needed for the free spins ?- 10 or 60 ?

For the most part NO. We have a member here that claims he can predict when a bonus round is coming, but I'm pretty sure it's hogwash.

There are certain games (very few) that are designed to have a bonus round initiate after X number of spins, however, it's usually indicated on the machine that's how it works. A current example of this is Scarab. Technically it's not the bonus round, but a built in feature.

Most bonus round slot machines are designed for the bonus to come up randomly. There will be an average amount/number of spins that it actually takes. It could come up on your very first spin or it could take 500 spins +. Each different type of game has a different frequency.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 71
  • Posts: 5892
December 8th, 2019 at 2:00:04 PM permalink
Quote: James85

I usually play blackjack. I would like to try out slots, Is it true that after x amount of spins that you are guaranteed a free spins round?

What could be a minimum amount of spins needed for the free spins ?- 10 or 60 ?



That is not true. You are not guaranteed a bonus round after x spins. It would be random with an average of x spins.

Older slots usually had more frequent bonuses probably around the 60 to 100 average. The newer slots tend to take more spins than that.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
James85
James85
Joined: Nov 8, 2014
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 12
December 8th, 2019 at 7:21:05 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

That is not true. You are not guaranteed a bonus round after x spins. It would be random with an average of x spins.

Older slots usually had more frequent bonuses probably around the 60 to 100 average. The newer slots tend to take more spins than that.



How many spins do you think a newer slot takes for a bonus round on an average?
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
December 8th, 2019 at 7:23:06 PM permalink
Quote: James85

How many spins do you think a newer slot takes for a bonus round on an average?



Most seem to be in the 300-500 range

  • Jump to: