megachimp
megachimp
  • Threads: 1
March 4th, 2014 at 10:19:33 AM permalink
Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any slot machine development software. I'm aware of Slot Designer, but is there anything else?

Specifically, I'm looking for something that will help generate PARS, run simulations, provide RTP reports, support for feature games, etc.

thanks
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
March 4th, 2014 at 1:08:13 PM permalink
I'm not aware of any except for Slot Designer. I'm guessing that you would be quite limited in your game design by using a software package. If you are going to design slots and have a budget, I recommend hiring a gaming mathematician.
I heart Crystal Math.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
March 4th, 2014 at 1:25:10 PM permalink
I get a fair bit of business from game studios who try to use Slot Designer and find it can't handle their custom features. That's not a knock on the tool - it can't reasonably be expected to understand a mechanic that's just been invented.

To the OP, you've got three options for math work. You can hire a mathematician in-house, you can hire a game design consultant to work on your games, or you can hire a game design consultant to train one (or more) of your employees in the role.

(Shameless pitch: naturally, I've done all three...)
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
March 4th, 2014 at 1:27:44 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

(Shameless pitch: naturally, I've done all three...)

You have 3 options: Hire me, hire me, or hire me :)
Gendalfbeliy
Gendalfbeliy
  • Threads: 0
November 13th, 2018 at 6:58:11 AM permalink
To hire mathematician is the best solution.
You can choose me.
logandwilliams
logandwilliams
  • Threads: 0
June 25th, 2019 at 6:58:44 AM permalink
Check something from RealTime Gaming
  • Jump to: