Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 40
January 20th, 2013 at 4:37:44 AM permalink
Hey,

it seems there are slots with skill based videogame - bonus rounds available:

http://www.igt.com/us-en/games/game-families/video-reel-edge.aspx

are these available in Vegas yet?

Anybody here that can provide some inside information? I would like to know how the skill part relates to the RTP. Probably you get the set RTP with perfect play. If you miss any coins in the videogame, you fall below the set RTP. Or the skill part might be just faked. Or they may be able to set RTP a bit higher than they normally would, because people are not gonna play the game perfectly (comparable to video poker).

Lastly, any insight on licensing issues this might create?

Cheers!
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
January 20th, 2013 at 6:49:39 AM permalink
I have seen other skill bonuses where the game keeps track of the cost of the bad decisions and awards the credits later. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here. I read the description for one of the games, and it said that a random amount is awarded at the end of the bonus; this would be an easy spot to make up for the mistakes.
I heart Crystal Math.
Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 40
January 20th, 2013 at 11:59:10 AM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

I have seen other skill bonuses where the game keeps track of the cost of the bad decisions and awards the credits later. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here. I read the description for one of the games, and it said that a random amount is awarded at the end of the bonus; this would be an easy spot to make up for the mistakes.

Which would fall in the "faked skill part" category. But it would allow for a constant RTP. Would put me off though, why bother if I get same amount anyway...
JoeTheDragon
JoeTheDragon
  • Threads: 3
September 23rd, 2015 at 8:27:36 PM permalink
also I think that the payoff for the coins skill part is very low and big part is picking the right path.
Entirele
Entirele
  • Threads: 0
November 3rd, 2015 at 4:40:22 AM permalink
Don`t know about :faked skill part".. I played for 2 years (about 2-3 times a week) this free slots. (Link removed by Mod) Regardless there are only demo versions of games, I like it because there is no any prejudice in games as there you play without money.. So I prefer this type of games.. Do you hace any other variants? I`ll be indebted for such offers))
“Well-behaved women seldom make history.” ― Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
  • Jump to: