Thread Rating:

Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
August 25th, 2014 at 9:04:40 AM permalink
This is a great line from the article: "Misco said the winnings won’t have a huge impact on their lifestyle, but will make a big difference for their children and grandchildren.".....not a lot of folks can say a $1.2 million jackpot (assuming a 50% fed/state tax rate) won't have an impact on their lifestyle!!
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
August 25th, 2014 at 9:06:37 AM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

This is a great line from the article: "Misco said the winnings won’t have a huge impact on their lifestyle, but will make a big difference for their children and grandchildren.".....not a lot of folks can say a $1.2 million jackpot (assuming a 50% fed/state tax rate) won't have an impact on their lifestyle!!

When you get to that age you probably have established what kind of lifestyle you want to live/are living, and can't up and change and move to Maui or somesuch. I see a lot of it with the landowners around here who are getting big royalty/bonus checks from oil companies. I wonder how much they'll declare in losses to offset the winnings. They probably need a good accountant ;)
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
August 25th, 2014 at 12:13:26 PM permalink
No state taxes so they probably get to keep about $1.5 mil.

It is really not that much money. It's the cost of a very nice home in some parts of the country, a decidedly average home in others. If you are struggling to make ends meet it is obviously a big help, but if you are already comfortably retired with your home paid for, what are you going to do? Maybe buy a boat?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 171
August 25th, 2014 at 12:18:08 PM permalink
I want the interview of the person playing just before that couple.

I would be annoyed, at least for the rest of the night. Even if I know it makes no difference.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
smokalott
smokalott
  • Threads: 0
August 25th, 2014 at 1:34:26 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

...what are you going to do?

Probably do a helluva lot more gambling! And at higher levels! LOL!!!

I wonder if MGM will give them an automatic upgrade to Noir? :)

Speaking of small bets that paid off big, right after I saw this news on the ticker a report came across that a 1st issue of Superman fetched over $3MM at auction. what was the original price on that, 5c?
"...of all the seductive vices extant, I regard that of gambling as the worst. It holds out allurements hard to be resisted. It captives and ensnares the young, blunts all the moral sensibilities and ends in utter ruin." James Nye, 1st territorial Governor of Nevada
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
August 25th, 2014 at 1:45:04 PM permalink
Quote: smokalott

I wonder if MGM will give them an automatic upgrade to Noir? :)

lol, the ultimately elusive players card level.

I know that you need 2M tier credits to even be considered (MLife has confirmed this). I know people with several times that amount who do not have it, though. I strongly suspect that it is based on loss, although I have no idea how much you have to lose in a year. I would guess it's somewhere in the $100k to $500k range.
smokalott
smokalott
August 25th, 2014 at 1:57:43 PM permalink

lol, the ultimately elusive players card level.

I know that you need 2M tier credits to even be considered (MLife has confirmed this). I know people with several times that amount who do not have it, though. I strongly suspect that it is based on loss, although I have no idea how much you have to lose in a year. I would guess it's somewhere in the $100k to $500k range.

I had it once with only 1MM coin but yeah its 2MM now and "by invitation only". I was not "reinvited". Seriously, I think i wound up on their shitlist of APs or something cause I stopped getting treated very well at their props.
"...of all the seductive vices extant, I regard that of gambling as the worst. It holds out allurements hard to be resisted. It captives and ensnares the young, blunts all the moral sensibilities and ends in utter ruin." James Nye, 1st territorial Governor of Nevada
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
August 25th, 2014 at 1:59:52 PM permalink
Quote: smokalott

I had it once with only 1MM coin but yeah its 2MM now and "by invitation only". I was not "reinvited". Seriously, I think i wound up on their shitlist of APs or something cause I stopped getting treated very well at their props.

I talked to someone who had over 8M tier credits and didn't get it.

I really think it is based on loss. It has to be. Theo varies on different machines, but not enough that someone with 2M could get it and someone with 8M wouldn't. There must be more to the equation than theo.
smokalott
smokalott
August 25th, 2014 at 2:23:10 PM permalink
that would 'splain everything.

seriously though i never saw any big bennys materialize from having the big card. highly overrated. not like seven seas, thats a card worth having. not that i have it yet but i have diamond and imo its worth a lot more than the noir ever was. i would prob get the high level if only caesers had some decent progressive vp.

anyway, i'm gonna head over to the strip in a few minutes and see if the lions mach is still on the floor, see if i can visit my old pal one last time.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
August 25th, 2014 at 2:30:54 PM permalink

I talked to someone who had over 8M tier credits and didn't get it.

I really think it is based on loss. It has to be. Theo varies on different machines, but not enough that someone with 2M could get it and someone with 8M wouldn't. There must be more to the equation than theo.

I disagree. I think it is probably based on theo now. That is why we are seeing so few video poker players get it.

If you played $8 million on 9/6 JOB your theo would be: $36,800 if they use the full 99.54%.

if you played $2 million on the crazy penny slots on a 87% game your theo would be: $260,000

Clearly a huge difference between video poker players and slot players.
Order from chaos

• Jump to: