teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
August 26th, 2014 at 12:26:33 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Can I ask what game you played, mostly, to get to 7-star? I've been thinking of making a run at it, but $1.5M coin-in (at VP) is a lot.

Almost exclusively $1 9/6 JOB at the 2 Ohio casinos.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
August 26th, 2014 at 12:29:10 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Almost exclusively $1 9/6 JOB at the 2 Ohio casinos.



Wow, that's a lot of hands.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
August 26th, 2014 at 1:22:32 PM permalink
I know of a way to do it for ~ 1250 in EV.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 7378
August 26th, 2014 at 3:54:09 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I know of a way to do it for ~ 1250 in EV.



I would probably just do it in 10 days in New Orleans on the 10 play $1 NSUD.
Order from chaos
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
August 26th, 2014 at 3:58:00 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I know of a way to do it for ~ 1250 in EV.



Positive or negative?
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 7378
August 26th, 2014 at 4:27:51 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Positive or negative?



Great question. i just assumed he meant negative because that is about the number you could do it in NSUD before cashing in your points.

Do any Caesar's properties have anything better than NSUD in dollars or above? I think Tunica used to have some better quarter games.
Order from chaos
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6270
August 26th, 2014 at 6:46:14 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Great question. i just assumed he meant negative because that is about the number you could do it in NSUD before cashing in your points.

Do any Caesar's properties have anything better than NSUD in dollars or above? I think Tunica used to have some better quarter games.



They used to have 40/10/6 DDB and 99.96% Deuces for quarters. They yanked those in April 2013. :(

Rio has 40/10/6 DDB for 3/5/10-play dollars but it's $50 a point. So NSUD would be almost the same if it's still only $10 a point.

Horseshoe Hammond has 7/5 Bonus w/"Ultimate 4 of a Kind Bonus" for single line dollars. That's 99.96% after the bonus game, and is still $10 a point. Also a variance mess because after any quad you have a 1 in 53 chance at a $3996 payout. This is assuming that didn't recently get yanked/downgraded. Half of the machines were down "for maintenance" when I was there a few weeks ago, including those two units. They also offer 40/10/6 DDB and 99.96% Deuces at $25 a point at the $5 level.

[/hijack]

Maybe babs, Face, Wiz, JB, etc. can split all this off as a Noir/7 Stars thread. It's good discussion, but it definitely doesn't belong here.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
August 26th, 2014 at 7:04:08 PM permalink
Speaking of this $10/$25/$50 per point nonsense...

Are the $25/pt machines only in Vegas or other locations too? vpfree2 mentions this for all the vegas full pay machines, but doesn't mention anything for the Reno/Tahoe locations, for example. Are the Reno/Tahoe casinos all $10/pt? They still have 99.5%+ games, like 9/6 Jacks and 9/7 TDB.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6270
August 26th, 2014 at 7:13:36 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Speaking of this $10/$25/$50 per point nonsense...

Are the $25/pt machines only in Vegas or other locations too? vpfree2 mentions this for all the vegas full pay machines, but doesn't mention anything for the Reno/Tahoe locations, for example. Are the Reno/Tahoe casinos all $10/pt? They still have 99.5%+ games, like 9/6 Jacks and 9/7 TDB.



At this point, I assume yes because I'd assume someone at VPFree2 would have probably wrote about it by now. Hammond has had this $25 or $50 a point crap for over a year now. Tunica has always been $10 a point for everything, but their best game is 9/7 DB now so that's not unreasonable. :( I think Rincon (now called Harrah's Southern California) is still all $10/point for everything too and they have my favorite VP variant, 8/5 Bonus w/DSTP.
smokalott
smokalott
Joined: Aug 12, 2014
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 13
August 26th, 2014 at 11:53:33 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

... and they have my favorite VP variant, 8/5 Bonus w/DSTP.



is that a multiline? $1 denom?
"...of all the seductive vices extant, I regard that of gambling as the worst. It holds out allurements hard to be resisted. It captives and ensnares the young, blunts all the moral sensibilities and ends in utter ruin." James Nye, 1st territorial Governor of Nevada

  • Jump to: