Thread Rating:

MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 6775
November 23rd, 2012 at 9:23:29 AM permalink
Just wondering if the progressive jackpot on the last remaining Lion's Share slot at MGM is still unclaimed?

"What, me worry?"
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5412
January 3rd, 2013 at 11:58:23 AM permalink
Still unclaimed. I play this slot every time I go to Vegas.

Not because I think I'm gonna hit it, but because it's easily the loosest slot I've played on the strip. A good way to rake up those MLife points.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 5701
January 3rd, 2013 at 12:53:10 PM permalink
It is only a matter of time until this breaks and they cannot get parts. I play it every time I visit, if I can get on it.

I think the same about the Sigma Derby.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 12979
January 3rd, 2013 at 1:03:23 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Just wondering if the progressive jackpot on the last remaining Lion's Share slot at MGM is still unclaimed?



I just called and spoke to Maureen in High Limit Slots who assures me that the Lion's Share slot machine has not yet hit.

I wouldn't play it, though, it's waiting for me to get there should I ever come to Vegas, so you'll probably lose money...j/k

Maureen was very nice, by the way. She was extremely cheerful, upbeat and knew which machine I was referring to immediately.
Vultures can't be choosers.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5412
January 4th, 2013 at 5:52:02 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

It is only a matter of time until this breaks and they cannot get parts. I play it every time I visit, if I can get on it.

I think the same about the Sigma Derby.



Last time I was there it was having a hell of a time accepting a lot of my bills. Apparently they haven't (are unable to?) updated the bill reader. In the end I guess that ended up saving me money...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6267
January 4th, 2013 at 9:29:36 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Last time I was there it was having a hell of a time accepting a lot of my bills. Apparently they haven't (are unable to?) updated the bill reader. In the end I guess that ended up saving me money...



MGM should have a stash of old currency just for that machine it sounds like. :)

And when it hits, do you think they'll get rid of the dinosaur?
YouCanBetOnThat
YouCanBetOnThat
Joined: Nov 7, 2012
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 91
January 4th, 2013 at 3:12:38 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

And when it hits, do you think they'll get rid of the dinosaur?

I'm sure they'll get rid of it. No casino wants a slot that requires an employee to pay out winnings (which Lion's Share does).
YouCanBetOnThat.com, a podcast for the recreational gambler
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
January 4th, 2013 at 3:14:56 PM permalink
What is the max bet on this machine?
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 6775
January 4th, 2013 at 3:28:03 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

What is the max bet on this machine?



Max bet is: 3 X $1 = $3
"What, me worry?"
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
January 4th, 2013 at 3:48:26 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

MGM should have a stash of old currency just for that machine it sounds like. :)

And when it hits, do you think they'll get rid of the dinosaur?



It's only there as they have to pay out the jackpot to conform to the Gaming Board regs.

As soon as it hits, that thing will be wheeled away.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829

  • Jump to: