Thread Rating:

Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 14788
January 4th, 2013 at 5:15:27 PM permalink
I called the MGM Grand and spoke to Cinda in high-limits slots.

The machine will be deactivated (as we know) if it hits, thus, I imagine if it is nothing but a machine upon which a wager cannot actually be made, an individual could legally take it into his/her possession.

In any event, Cinda is also very knowledgeable and friendly, in a sample size of two, I'm going to say that they have an excellent staff there. She was very friendly, asked me if I'd be coming to Vegas, wished me luck...etc.

To get to the point, that the winner retains the machine is a commonly-held rumor amongst employees and patrons alike, with most employees believing that to be the case. She told me that she would address the matter in pre-shift tomorrow to get a definitive answer and gave me the hours during which I could speak to her, personally, tomorrow. Hopefully, we will have a definite answer tomorrow.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
January 4th, 2013 at 5:17:52 PM permalink
Well, if it is a fact, let me know. I want that machine! Oh, yeah, 2 mil would be nice too.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
January 4th, 2013 at 5:52:18 PM permalink
I have a question about this "can't remove a machine until the jackpot hits" rule.

Really, it makes sense. The money that has funded the progressives isn't really the casino's money; they are just holding it until someone hits it. Taking it out before it hits would be pretty unfair.

But... what about machines with multiple progressives, like the QuickHits machines. SOME of the progressives will always be increased from the base, and not hit. Even when someone hits the large 9QH jackpot, the 8QH and below may be quite large. What does the casino have to do to remove one of those?
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
January 4th, 2013 at 6:06:25 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

I have a question about this "can't remove a machine until the jackpot hits" rule.

Really, it makes sense. The money that has funded the progressives isn't really the casino's money; they are just holding it until someone hits it. Taking it out before it hits would be pretty unfair.

But... what about machines with multiple progressives, like the QuickHits machines. SOME of the progressives will always be increased from the base, and not hit. Even when someone hits the large 9QH jackpot, the 8QH and below may be quite large. What does the casino have to do to remove one of those?



There may be an option on the machine to stop the meter increase; this is a complete guess, however.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 14788
January 4th, 2013 at 6:32:32 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

I have a question about this "can't remove a machine until the jackpot hits" rule.

Really, it makes sense. The money that has funded the progressives isn't really the casino's money; they are just holding it until someone hits it. Taking it out before it hits would be pretty unfair.

But... what about machines with multiple progressives, like the QuickHits machines. SOME of the progressives will always be increased from the base, and not hit. Even when someone hits the large 9QH jackpot, the 8QH and below may be quite large. What does the casino have to do to remove one of those?



According to this:

Quote:

Regulation 5.110 of the Nevada Gaming Commission, in effect during 1972-73, provided that no payoff indicator on a progressive machine may be turned back, except when the jackpot is won; and if it reaches a limit, that amount must be retained until it is won; the rate of progression cannot be changed until there is a winner. During the taxable year ending June 30, 1973, the Nevada Gaming Commission had no restrictions on the transferability of the accrued but unpaid progressive slot machine liability on one progressive slot machine to another progressive slot machine.



It will take further research, but it seems possible that they can simply move it. However, they've not moved it for Lion's Share, so I will continue to look into it.

LOOKED INTO IT:

Pursuant to Page 14 from the Nevada Gaming Laws, Section 5.110:

http://gaming.nv.gov/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=256

1.) The first thing they can do is cap the Progressive to its current level or any amount greater.

or:

Quote:

c. The licensee distributes the entire incremental amount to another single progressive payoff schedule on similar game(s) or machine(s) at the licensee's establishment and:

1.) Documents the distribution.



2.) (PARAPHRASED-CANNOT COPY/PASTE) The licensee cannot move it to a machine requiring a higher bet, unless the licensee were to increase the amount being re-distributed accordingly with the increase to the wager.

A simple example would be a machine at $200 over the Base at $2.00 a pull, you could move the amount to a machine that is $2.50 a pull, but you'd have to add $250 to the new machine's Progressive Meter.

3.) (PARAPHRASE) Must still comply with minimum theoretical payout laws.

4.) (PARAPHRASE) Must be done within thirty days.

LION'S SHARE

This is speculation, but since Lion's Share is the only machine upon which someone can hit a Progressive of that size and receive an immediate check for the amount, pursuant to Nevada/Federal Law (?), they cannot simply move the Progressive because the machines now must comply with the new law.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 14788
January 5th, 2013 at 4:29:38 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Well, if it is a fact, let me know. I want that machine! Oh, yeah, 2 mil would be nice too.



Greetings!

I am pleased to report that I spoke to Leah in High-Limit Slots, and after some initial confusion that was my fault (I spoke to Linda yesterday, not Cinda, as I thought---bad cell connection) and it is a FACT that the machine will be deactivated and the machine's final winner will retain the machine!

Again, what a souvenir!

Leah was just as charming, friendly and knowledgable as Linda. She also wished me good luck in all of my gambling exploits!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
January 5th, 2013 at 4:33:17 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Greetings!

I am pleased to report that I spoke to Leah in High-Limit Slots, and after some initial confusion that was my fault (I spoke to Linda yesterday, not Cinda, as I thought---bad cell connection) and it is a FACT that the machine will be deactivated and the machine's final winner will retain the machine!

Again, what a souvenir!

Leah was just as charming, friendly and knowledgable as Linda. She also wished me good luck in all of my gambling exploits!



Ok, then, if you want it, you'd better get over there. If it's still there over Super Bowl weekend I'll be bringing it home.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 14788
January 5th, 2013 at 5:16:14 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice


Ok, then, if you want it, you'd better get over there. If it's still there over Super Bowl weekend I'll be bringing it home.



I don't know that I will ever be in Vegas, so I hope you do! Happy Variance!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
January 5th, 2013 at 11:05:04 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

LION'S SHARE

This is speculation, but since Lion's Share is the only machine upon which someone can hit a Progressive of that size and receive an immediate check for the amount, pursuant to Nevada/Federal Law (?), they cannot simply move the Progressive because the machines now must comply with the new law.

I agree. There must be some reason they have not moved it/capped it by now. When Lady Luck went out of business, all their progressives were transferred to the video poker machines at the bar next door (same owners). It was a very lucrative game for a while.

There are also some very high progressives at Circus Circus -- mostly capped. I'm ashamed to admit at threw a few dollars at them last time I was there. The Sequential Royal on the A+8 video poker also gets very high sometimes.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Ardent1
Ardent1
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 168
January 7th, 2013 at 12:55:46 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Last time I was there it was having a hell of a time accepting a lot of my bills. Apparently they haven't (are unable to?) updated the bill reader. In the end I guess that ended up saving me money...



I hope the machine has TITO. If that is the case, load up your TITOs ahead of time and makes the accounting much easier.

  • Jump to: