heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
September 29th, 2021 at 3:09:32 PM permalink
So over the past year Ive been able to - uh slow down some of my really nasty leaks in poker and when im not donking off my stack on purpose - i can hunker down and have been reaching more final tables than i ever have in the past 12 months of playing.

recently ive been winning these big bonuses on the "promotion wheel" and i have a $109 dollar tournament ticket

There are 5 upcoming tournaments that I can use it for : there are four $10K GTD, and one $30k GTD

One of the 10K GTD is a nightly

The four other tournaments are "big" tournaments - as in they are meant to attract a high amount of participants

My questions to all of you is

1. Which would you pick?

I myself want to go for the biggest 30K GTD but feel as if there may be too many people to "get through" (as in i want to have a higher chance of winning obviously)

2. What type of tournaments do you prefer? One that has longer or shorter blinds? One that has more or less people? Why?

I sometimes find myself card dead when it comes to longer blinds - and am a bit more comfortable in a smaller blind environment simply because it makes me PLAY poker rather than be a passive participant and check everything through. The pressure is on and the only way to win most pots is to convince the other players you have the best hand is kind of how i think about it. And when you actually do have a hand they are screwed because they just dont believe you have it as much as you claim to.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
September 29th, 2021 at 3:45:23 PM permalink
Dont you want to play in the guaranteed tournament with the fewest number of players?

When I lived in LA I always played at Hustler's Thursdsu night tournament because it had the smallest field.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
September 29th, 2021 at 4:35:47 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Dont you want to play in the guaranteed tournament with the fewest number of players?

When I lived in LA I always played at Hustler's Thursdsu night tournament because it had the smallest field.

• link to original post

this is usually the first criteria i look - an i would assume a nightly 10k would fill that criteria i guess
    • Jump to: