jpprovance
jpprovance
  • Threads: 22
May 14th, 2010 at 12:04:03 AM permalink
what do you guys think of these? and can someone recommend one?
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
May 14th, 2010 at 2:20:48 AM permalink
If you are talking about the software to aid you with online poker, first of all beware as some sites specifically prohibit use of some software in their T&C's.

Secondly, make sure you are using the right software for the job, as different software is tailored todifferent variations ofpoker as well as cash games, sit & go's and MTT's.

I dont use the software myself, so I cant reccomend to you from personal experience.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
UWPeteO
UWPeteO
  • Threads: 3
May 14th, 2010 at 7:04:59 AM permalink
I starting using PokerTracker about a week ago and can't imagine playing holdem without it. It has some issues in MTTs (HUD doesn't really work), but if you're just looking to play ring games the info it provides is invaluable. You can also track your own play to determine your weaknesses, which is incredibly useful.

I've also heard good things about PokerOffice, although I've not used it myself. If you haven't opened an account where you'll be playing cards yet you can get it for free (but you'll have to be a new user on the poker site in question) - you just use a promo code and bank enough points (for PokerStars it's only 200 player points, which you can earn in a few hours playing 0.10/0.25 NL). Here's the link for the free download: PokerOffice' rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>http://www.pokeroffice.com/free-odds-calculator.html"]PokerOffice

As for prohibited software, I can only speak for PokerStars, but they allow a lot of different tracking software. There are plenty of programs that aren't allowed, but the two I mentioned above are listed by name as acceptable: Prohibited' rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/"]Prohibited Software for PokerStars
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
May 14th, 2010 at 8:40:43 AM permalink
pokertracker and pokertableratings are your two best resources for collecting and interpreting data for online poker. you can purchase hand histories on other players for the games you typically play at the sites you typically play on to load onto your pokertracker database. its about $40 for a million hands. if you encounter a player you dont have much data on, you can also search for them on pokertableratings to see how well they are doing too.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 14th, 2010 at 8:53:45 AM permalink
I agree with this statement from the PokerStars link above:

Quote:

In between those two extremes are many tools - some of which we consider to be too close to cheating. For example, there are people building huge databases with profiles of every player on PokerStars, and they are selling access to these databases. A player with access to such a database can call up detailed information about every one of his opponents without ever playing against those opponents himself. We believe this gives that player an unfair advantage against others at his table.

To foil such products, are there any poker sites that let the user choose a different handle every sitting? I'd be happy to patronize such a poker site.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
May 14th, 2010 at 9:18:15 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

To foil such products, are there any poker sites that let the user choose a different handle every sitting? I'd be happy to patronize such a poker site.

None that I know of
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
May 14th, 2010 at 9:37:12 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I agree with this statement from the PokerStars link above:

cake poker network
wernerw
wernerw
  • Threads: 4
May 29th, 2010 at 6:47:14 AM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

cake poker network

Right. And furthermore Cake is disallowing tools like Pokertracker and at least Pokertracker is not working there.

To be exact Pokertracker is collecting data but you can use it only for analyzing your play which is helpful, too.

And Cake is offering generous rakeback.
  • Jump to: