bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
May 4th, 2018 at 2:59:29 PM permalink
I find a lot of my selections in the walking ring. Sometimes even before they get to the walking ring, if I can see them coming in from their stalls on the backside. It helps to be at the track, but most tracks now understand the need of a good pre-race show for players playing the beam.

The walking ring, or before the walking ring, is a good place to spot horses that have good energy levels. Actually, few of them do at this point and need to "wake up" in the post parade and during the pre-race warmup. So when they are on their toes and full of energy so early in the ordeal, that's just gravy in my opinion.

In this video, I direct you to two points. First horse you'll see is #1, red cloth, no energy, head held down low well below shoulders, no other horse in the field looks like that. Follow the #1 in my video, he never changes. Worst looking horse, in my opinion, but is the favorite or co-favorite.

The second thing I want to point out is the horse that I liked. One horse in the bunch comes into the walking ring with head up, on his toes, obvious positive energy, tail even in a swish in a good way. See if you can spot him and separate him from the bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-yqUY83QSQ&
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
May 4th, 2018 at 3:14:46 PM permalink
The woman commentator is in love with the #7. Look close I think you can spot some kidney sweat. Not a lot, but he just came out of the paddock. This is not a good time to be sweating there. It's a white patch between the legs. This horse is the favorite at the moment.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
bobbartop
May 4th, 2018 at 3:42:42 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

The second thing I want to point out is the horse that I liked. One horse in the bunch comes into the walking ring with head up, on his toes, obvious positive energy, tail even in a swish in a good way. See if you can spot him and separate him from the bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-yqUY83QSQ&

5! Is this the horse racing version of dice control? It's an honest question as I know zero about the subject.
100% risk of ruin
bobbartop
bobbartop
May 4th, 2018 at 4:40:39 PM permalink
RogerKint says he doesn't know anything about the subject. Beginner's luck. lol

Good job!
bobbartop
bobbartop
May 4th, 2018 at 4:58:06 PM permalink

RogerKint says he doesn't know anything about the subject. Beginner's luck. lol

Good job!

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to post the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v6w62Q4bDE&

If you do watch this to the end, notice how the winner comes out of it. As he returns to the winners circle it looks like he's ready to run ANOTHER race. This race took nothing out of him. Couple that with the way he looked before the race and he goes on my horses to watch list.

There's nothing worse than when a horse wins but he struggles to return to the winners circle, walking back instead of running, winded, etc. Also, the horse should warm down well after the finish line. You don't want him to stop quickly. This winner warmed down well and returned to the winners circle well. He glided to the winners circle. He's in the peak of condition. But nothing is certain, he could change tomorrow. Horses are NOT machines. I rarely look at the Racing Form.

Did you see the kidney sweat I mentioned on the #7 in the first video? It's often a negative.

When's the last time you've studied the Racing Form and it says a horse had kidney sweat in its last race? Never. That's when.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
May 4th, 2018 at 5:26:11 PM permalink
you made some excellent points bobbartop. this is important info that is pretty much ignored by the betting public and should give the person skilled in this a definite edge. I for one would require that good signs had to be coupled with something good on the Form. However, I would have no problem throwing out a horse that showed signs of fatigue or stress no matter what I see in the Form.
Please don't feed the trolls
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
Thanked by
RogerKint
May 4th, 2018 at 5:40:45 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

5! Is this the horse racing version of dice control? It's an honest question as I know zero about the subject.

no roger, there are many pro and semi-pro players who use the walking ring to make or confirm their selections.
get second you pig
bobbartop
bobbartop
May 5th, 2018 at 6:13:35 AM permalink

Did you see the kidney sweat I mentioned on the #7 in the first video? It's often a negative.

When's the last time you've studied the Racing Form and it says a horse had kidney sweat in its last race? Never. That's when.

Here's a screenshot of the kidney sweat. Not very clear, but you can see a white patch of it between the back legs in the groin area. It's not a lot of kidney sweat and if I saw it on the track I would not think much of it. But this horse just came out of the paddock, too early to be seeing kidney sweat. Still, it's not a lot. Sometimes you'll see a ton of it, and sometimes it will be dripping down the legs. That's not good. Sometimes it will have a little color to it instead of white, and that's really not good.

This is the horse that the woman commentator was so in love with.

bobbartop
bobbartop
July 20th, 2018 at 12:59:27 PM permalink
It's been a while since this posting this thread and the win of Swinging Star at Santa Anita in May. A lot has happened since then. For one thing, they took him back east to Maryland. He's entered tomorrow in what I feel is a good spot. Of course, I seldom wager unless viewing how a horse looks physically right before the race. Race 11, Laurel. Just sayin.
  • Jump to: