Thread Rating:

FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 125
July 26th, 2018 at 6:18:38 PM permalink
I would love to try the WOV horse idea again. The issues would be the monthly bill and picking what jurisdiction wed want to get a horse from.

We would probably need $500 to cover 1% of a horse and the horses expenses for a year.
speedycrap
speedycrap 
  • Threads: 46
July 26th, 2018 at 11:05:08 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I would love to try the WOV horse idea again. The issues would be the monthly bill and picking what jurisdiction wed want to get a horse from.

We would probably need $500 to cover 1% of a horse and the horses expenses for a year.

It sounds interesting and fun.
FinsRule
FinsRule
July 27th, 2018 at 3:59:00 AM permalink
Ok, if people are interested, you can just answer these three questions and once/if we hit $500, we can pick a horse.

1) Are you interested in a thoroughbred or standardbred or is either fine?

2) Does it matter where the horse is likely to race? If so, where would the horse need to race for you to be interested?

3) How much are you willing to contribute? I'm not sure whether or not to make the minimum $25 or $50.

$500 would cover the purchase price of 1% of a horse and expenses for one year. After that year, if the horse did not make money, you would still be responsible for monthly payments (it's about $25 a month for 1% of a horse).

I'm willing to contribute $100, and I don't really care about the rest.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
July 28th, 2018 at 2:09:41 PM permalink
Imperial Hint just dominated his competition at Saratoga (6f, G1, 1:08.98). Got about 4-5 lengths of a lead and wasn't even ridden out.

He placed in last year's BC sprint. Appears to still have it and worth keeping your eye on. On the smaller side.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 205
July 29th, 2018 at 2:46:33 AM permalink
I won a bet on Roy H in the Bing Crosby, he got 2nd, but this horse is not what he once was and I won't bet him again.
he won the BC Sprint last year and I had bet on him a couple of times and was extremely impressed by him
he got 3rd in a Dubai Stakes and his trainer mouthed the usual BS about him probably not liking the long trip and the surface
he had good workouts so I went with him yesterday and it was a slow final time for a G1 at Del Mar and Roy didn't have his usual turbo booster
he was one of my favorites but not any more. I'll have to look for another ATM.
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
FinsRule
FinsRule
July 29th, 2018 at 6:47:57 AM permalink
Wonder Gadot is confirmed for the Travers. I've been a big fan of hers for a while. I had a lot of money on her in the Oaks. I thought she had it, and I still think she was interfered with.
speedycrap
speedycrap 
  • Threads: 46
July 29th, 2018 at 7:18:28 AM permalink

Ok, if people are interested, you can just answer these three questions and once/if we hit $500, we can pick a horse.

1) Are you interested in a thoroughbred or standardbred or is either fine?

2) Does it matter where the horse is likely to race? If so, where would the horse need to race for you to be interested?

3) How much are you willing to contribute? I'm not sure whether or not to make the minimum $25 or $50.

$500 would cover the purchase price of 1% of a horse and expenses for one year. After that year, if the horse did not make money, you would still be responsible for monthly payments (it's about $25 a month for 1% of a horse).

I'm willing to contribute $100, and I don't really care about the rest.

My answers are. 1- Anything with 4 legs and a tail will be fine.
2-Anywhere in the world. 3-$100 for me.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 205
July 29th, 2018 at 11:14:25 AM permalink

Wonder Gadot is confirmed for the Travers. I've been a big fan of hers for a while. I had a lot of money on her in the Oaks. I thought she had it, and I still think she was interfered with.

I haven't done well betting females against males. Wonder Gadot has already beaten the boys. Many say no reason to hold back. But now I'm gun shy.
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
FinsRule
FinsRule
August 18th, 2018 at 1:56:06 AM permalink
Winx wins again. Most consecutive wins by a horse in a major jurisdiction ever.

Amazing.
AlexR
AlexR
  • Threads: 5
August 18th, 2018 at 9:40:13 PM permalink
I thought I'd mention that Northlands Park ran its last regular thoroughbred races today.

Next week is the 89th Canadian Derby, and then once harness racing concludes in October, the track will close permanently after 118 years on the same site.
"At gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck." Ian Fleming

• Jump to: