pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
April 13th, 2011 at 4:11:22 AM permalink
I see from this post that fingerprint identification may come to smart phones. It would seem that would be a logical way to do age identification for online gambling.

Quote: Fingerprint identification coming to Android smartphones

Posted by on February 5, 2010
Sagem Wireless have teamed up with UPEK to bring Android-Try smartphones sometime later that year which will feature fingerprint identification capabilities, although that operate will plus be extended to other devices from Sagem Wireless apart from the aforementioned smartphones. that ought to bring a whole new level of defense for mobile applications and services, and it might spell the end of remembering a PIN number to unlock your cellphone. Expect to catch a glimpse of that technology at the upcoming Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
April 13th, 2011 at 5:13:08 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

I see from this post that fingerprint identification may come to smart phones. It would seem that would be a logical way to do age identification for online gambling.

Would be great if they start getting biometrics down as remembering all the passwords is a hassle. Though it would mean the end of one subscription shared among several people.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 13th, 2011 at 7:49:52 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Sagem Wireless have teamed up with UPEK to bring Android-Try smartphones sometime later that year which will feature fingerprint identification capabilities, although that operate will plus be extended to other devices from Sagem Wireless apart from the aforementioned smartphones. that ought to bring a whole new level of defense for mobile applications and services, and it might spell the end of remembering a PIN number to unlock your cellphone. Expect to catch a glimpse of that technology at the upcoming Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

It appears that something got screwed up in that quote -- first sentence is garbled, and second sentence isn't capitalized. Can you check whether that is the original wording and perhaps re-post to correct any errors? Thanks, I think I would like to understand this better.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
April 16th, 2011 at 8:52:36 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

It appears that something got screwed up in that quote -- first sentence is garbled, and second sentence isn't capitalized. Can you check whether that is the original wording and perhaps re-post to correct any errors? Thanks, I think I would like to understand this better.

PARIS & EMERYVILLE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Sagem Wireless, a leader in the design and delivery of customized connected lifestyle devices and services, announced today that it has formed a partnership with UPEK to bring fingerprint identity capabilities to a range of new devices that Sagem Wireless is expected to launch later this year, including new Android-based mobile devices. Sagem Wireless selected UPEK for its superior fingerprint technology, which offers industry-leading recognition accuracy, ruggedness, power efficiency, and enhanced touch-input capabilities as well as its support of a standards-based, open-platform software solution. ...

Full Press Release
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 16th, 2011 at 10:56:08 AM permalink
Ain't they been using finger prints for school lunch identities for a long time? Whats the big deal?
  • Jump to: