NaturalEight
NaturalEight
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 4, 2016
July 24th, 2016 at 6:55:35 PM permalink
I have been backed off, am in OSN, and Griffin. I cannot play blackjack under my real name without consequences at most casinos. I obtained a fake ID, that scans, and is of very high quality. I'm intending to get some player cards on this ID.

To be clear I am only using the comp card and ID for table play, and will not attempt to do anything illegal like thwart CTR's or structure.

What type of consequences can I expect if I am caught, and in what circumstances do casinos usually catch people using these ID's? Does anyone have any advice whose actually done this, and what is the best way to go about it? I'd like to know the do's and the don'ts.

Thanks,
Naturaleight
OzzyOsbourne
OzzyOsbourne
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 184
Joined: Jul 10, 2012
July 24th, 2016 at 7:05:50 PM permalink
Can't speak from first-hand experience but I can recommend Burning the Table in Las Vegas by Andersen.

Great book he talks a lot about his fake IDs and his usage of them. I believe I remember him saying that doing this is not illegal to do in a casino. It is illegal to use a false name to get access to credit cards or to lie to the police about who you really are. I'm pretty sure he said that it is OK to lie to a casino about who you are because privacy and all that they basically do not have a right to know who you really are, but the authorities do. Hope that helps!

https://www.amazon.com/Burning-Tables-Las-Vegas-Andersen-ebook/dp/B005LW1XQ2#nav-subnav
casino's money disappears the execs worry when the wizard is near He turns tears into joy Everyone's happy when the wizard walks by
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
July 24th, 2016 at 7:06:49 PM permalink
If police every get involved then there are serious consequences for even having a fake id. If it is just casino personal then you are more than likely looking at a ban.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
andysif
andysif
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 433
Joined: Aug 8, 2011
July 24th, 2016 at 7:16:42 PM permalink
Quote: OzzyOsbourne

Can't speak from first-hand experience but I can recommend Burning the Table in Las Vegas by Andersen.

Great book he talks a lot about his fake IDs and his usage of them. I believe I remember him saying that doing this is not illegal to do in a casino. It is illegal to use a false name to get access to credit cards or to lie to the police about who you really are. I'm pretty sure he said that it is OK to lie to a casino about who you are because privacy and all that they basically do not have a right to know who you really are, but the authorities do. Hope that helps!

https://www.amazon.com/Burning-Tables-Las-Vegas-Andersen-ebook/dp/B005LW1XQ2#nav-subnav



"(casinos) do not have a right to know who you really are" doesn't mean you can lie to them. You can say "i ain't telling ya" but they can also say "go play somewhere else".

I can't imagine using a fake ID is not considered a crime.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 3493
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
July 24th, 2016 at 7:29:47 PM permalink
There have been cases prosecuted for this 100 percent - I would highly recommend staying away from doing that-
No longer hiring, donít ask because I wonít hire you either
NaturalEight
NaturalEight
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 4, 2016
July 24th, 2016 at 7:39:15 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

There have been cases prosecuted for this 100 percent - I would highly recommend staying away from doing that-



For machine play and getting free play on people that didn't exist. This I can see as a problem, even I don't think the people should have been prosecuted.

However, what I'm doing is nothing more than playing under an alias at blackjack. Again, this is why I'm asking for people who have done this with firsthand experience, or have friends who have done it.
andysif
andysif
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 433
Joined: Aug 8, 2011
July 24th, 2016 at 8:21:29 PM permalink
Quote: NaturalEight

For machine play and getting free play on people that didn't exist. This I can see as a problem, even I don't think the people should have been prosecuted.

However, what I'm doing is nothing more than playing under an alias at blackjack. Again, this is why I'm asking for people who have done this with firsthand experience, or have friends who have done it.


alias? saying you are john dow is one thing, having an id that says you are john dow is a different level.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
July 24th, 2016 at 8:37:38 PM permalink
Quote: andysif

"(casinos) do not have a right to know who you really are" doesn't mean you can lie to them. You can say "i ain't telling ya" but they can also say "go play somewhere else".

I can't imagine using a fake ID is not considered a crime.



That book was written quite a few years ago, before enhanced licenses and the like.
My guess would be if you can't play bj under your own name, getting caught playing under a different name would have consequences.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
NaturalEight
NaturalEight
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 4, 2016
July 24th, 2016 at 8:52:48 PM permalink
I don't need guesses. For the record I know people who use fake ID's who are in my situation. I'm just curious to hear from an AP first hand.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
July 24th, 2016 at 9:25:53 PM permalink
Pretty sure you already did. You just haven't heard what you want to here.If you are known to OSN, etc, they have your photos. Name is meaningless.Why not just wander the slot isles and grab some abandoned player cards.
Play with those.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 6526
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
July 24th, 2016 at 9:45:34 PM permalink
It appears to be illegal period, regardless of how you use them.

Quote: NRS 205.465

Possession or sale of document or personal identifying information to establish false status or identity; penalties; rebuttable inference that possessor of personal identifying information intended to unlawfully use such information.

1. It is unlawful for a person to possess, sell or transfer any document or personal identifying information for the purpose of establishing a false status, occupation, membership, license or identity for himself or herself or any other person.

"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
NaturalEight
NaturalEight
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 4, 2016
July 24th, 2016 at 10:07:49 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Pretty sure you already did. You just haven't heard what you want to here.If you are known to OSN, etc, they have your photos. Name is meaningless.Why not just wander the slot isles and grab some abandoned player cards.
Play with those.



No I haven't heard from anyone whose used them to play blackjack, and obtain player cards. All I've heard is people quote laws, and give me their opinion. Frankly, I don't care about peoples opinion. I want to know what happened to people that actually used them. Furthermore if you really knew anything about what you're talking about, including facial recognition software, you'd know it's not that good. It's the name that saves you.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2595
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
July 24th, 2016 at 10:16:36 PM permalink
Quote: NaturalEight

I have been backed off, am in OSN, and Griffin. I cannot play blackjack under my real name without consequences at most casinos. I obtained a fake ID, that scans, and is of very high quality. I'm intending to get some player cards on this ID.




Get your real name changed. Relatively easy to do if it is important enough. Don't use fake ID, use REAL ID, government issued. You can always do this as long as there is no intent to defraud, etc. I would listen to the people in this thread that suggested not using fake ID.

You'll still have the same birth date. You'll still have the same SS#. That may thwart some of your plans.

There's nothing wrong with getting more than one legal name change in more than one state. You'll need to go before a judge. You'll certainly be asked why you want your name change and swear to God you ain't doing it to defraud.

By the way, if you have played long enough to get yourself in this situation, then you have played long enough to know some of the answers brought up in this thread. You're doing something wrong. I don't know what, but you're doing something wrong. Another poster mentioned a very good book. If you're not familiar with it, at this point in your "career", well, you shoulda been.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2595
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
July 24th, 2016 at 10:20:10 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I would listen to the people in this thread



On second thought, a couple of them you can skip. Read them over and figure out which posters know what they're talking about. Try not to bruise any egos.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 6526
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
July 24th, 2016 at 10:24:27 PM permalink
Quote: NaturalEight

No I haven't heard from anyone whose used them to play blackjack, and obtain player cards. All I've heard is people quote laws, and give me their opinion. Frankly, I don't care about peoples opinion. I want to know what happened to people that actually used them. Furthermore if you really knew anything about what you're talking about, including facial recognition software, you'd know it's not that good. It's the name that saves you.

The law is not an opinion. If you know something is illegal, you do it anyway and get caught, what do you expect will happen? Or is that actually the question you're asking?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
NaturalEight
NaturalEight
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 4, 2016
July 24th, 2016 at 10:26:38 PM permalink
Look, I'm not here to offend anyone, and I'm reading every post, I just want some actual experiences from people who have done this.

Technically it is illegal, but law enforcement only really take action when you're using it during the commission of a crime like passing off a fake check, or doing financial transactions that require reporting under your real name. I have NEVER heard of a card counter being detained and arrested for this. I will be the first one in history I do know that much. If they do get caught by the casino (rare) they take the ID and trespass you. Harrah's AC attempted to call the cops on one counter after they caught him using a fake ID. They cops refused to send an officer out, told them to confiscate the ID and 86 him. What I'd like to know is how they caught him? What action lead to him being caught? It's these kinds of things I want answered.

All I want is some actual real feedback from people who are actually in this situation. I may change my name, I'm not sure yet have to give it some thought. But have a trip coming up under my alias and want to know what to do if i end up in a sticky situation.
andysif
andysif
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 433
Joined: Aug 8, 2011
July 24th, 2016 at 11:00:21 PM permalink
Quote: NaturalEight

No I haven't heard from anyone whose used them to play blackjack, and obtain player cards. All I've heard is people quote laws, and give me their opinion. Frankly, I don't care about peoples opinion. I want to know what happened to people that actually used them. Furthermore if you really knew anything about what you're talking about, including facial recognition software, you'd know it's not that good. It's the name that saves you.


you haven't heard from anyone because:
1. they are in jail
2. they know better than to answer question on the internet that could get them to jail
NaturalEight
NaturalEight
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 4, 2016
July 25th, 2016 at 12:36:45 AM permalink
Quote: andysif

you haven't heard from anyone because:
1. they are in jail
2. they know better than to answer question on the internet that could get them to jail



Maybe. They can PM me.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2958
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
July 25th, 2016 at 3:03:58 AM permalink
Have you tried BJ sites?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 3493
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
July 25th, 2016 at 4:55:57 AM permalink
Feel free to pm me- not going to post all details in public- as I said I would stay away from
It
No longer hiring, donít ask because I wonít hire you either
scrooge
scrooge
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 39
Joined: Nov 22, 2016
Thanked by
gordonm888
July 28th, 2023 at 7:05:27 AM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

It appears to be illegal period, regardless of how you use them.

Quote: NRS 205.465

Possession or sale of document or personal identifying information to establish false status or identity; penalties; rebuttable inference that possessor of personal identifying information intended to unlawfully use such information.

1. It is unlawful for a person to possess, sell or transfer any document or personal identifying information for the purpose of establishing a false status, occupation, membership, license or identity for himself or herself or any other person.


link to original post



But common law says you can call yourself by any alias you want and that is your real identity, so the "to establish a false identity" clause doesn't apply, so NRS 205.465 doesn't apply. I learned that from Bob N on GWAE.
  • Jump to: