Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
July 12th, 2014 at 5:30:57 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 4830
July 13th, 2014 at 3:12:03 AM permalink
Quote: nickolay411

That's awesome. Hopefully you can play with that guy in the future?



We exchanged business cards. He frequently plays in Vegas but rarely at Caesars where I met him.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 4830
July 13th, 2014 at 3:15:09 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Yeah. They play with someone once or twice and get convinced. I've got an "S" word for those people. Again, if it truly worked, these people would not be here arguing about it but would be out playing and keeping their yaps shut.



Yes it works, but no one says it works perfectly. You "critics" seem to think that unless it works "perfectly" and a shooter can roll a hard 8 on demand, that DI doesn't work.

I suggest you all step back and take a deep breath.

Tiger Woods doesn't win every tournament.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
July 13th, 2014 at 6:47:04 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 152
  • Posts: 20132
July 13th, 2014 at 7:03:34 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Yes it works, but no one says it works perfectly. You "critics" seem to think that unless it works "perfectly" and a shooter can roll a hard 8 on demand, that DI doesn't work.

I suggest you all step back and take a deep breath.

Tiger Woods doesn't win every tournament.

Does it work well enough to have a +EV in the long run? That's all I want to know, that's all that really matters. We will probably never know because all the so called expert shooters never stay for the long run. The people who are highly involved are selling books and classes, that's how they make their money on DI. The rest of them are low rollers will BS stories.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 335
  • Posts: 7447
July 13th, 2014 at 8:14:15 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Yes it works, but no one says it works perfectly. You "critics" seem to think that unless it works "perfectly" and a shooter can roll a hard 8 on demand, that DI doesn't work. I suggest you all step back and take a deep breath.



*steps back, breathes deeply*

Alan, you've stepped in a minefield here, claiming definitively that DI "works."

How do you KNOW that it "works?"

You saw a couple guys with a sweet, soft throw make a few bucks at a craps table.

What exactly did you see them do that convinced you that chance was not involved, and that they had a true skill?

Specifically, how did the dice move and behave from the moment they were released until they stopped moving?

Presumably a DI would have them behave very consistently.

Alan, if in fact you know it works, why don't you put in the effort / practice to master it yourself?

Maybe then you would want to give up VP and go home with the one that brought you to the party.
"What, me worry?"
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 4830
July 13th, 2014 at 2:45:57 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Does it work well enough to have a +EV in the long run? That's all I want to know,



I don't know. There are too few players who have demonstrated what appears to be DI. But on those few occasions the players won money.

Remember I only count THREE real DIs.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 4830
July 13th, 2014 at 2:50:03 PM permalink
MrV what made these guys different was the ability to duplicate a controlled throw... a throw and bounce with similar characteristics. That's something I am yet to see on any video here or on YouTube.

I only wish my hands were steady enough.
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 335
  • Posts: 7447
July 13th, 2014 at 2:51:14 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

MrV what made these guys different was the ability to duplicate a controlled throw... a throw and bounce with similar characteristics. That's something I am yet to see on any video here or on YouTube.



What you described is what I would expect a "true" DI to demonstrate.

Hmmm ...
"What, me worry?"
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 4830
July 13th, 2014 at 2:56:45 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

What you described is what I would expect a "true" DI to demonstrate.

Hmmm ...




Here's the point: a lot of people have claimed to be DIs and they're not. Don't let the charlatans mislead you. There are a few who are the real thing. That's all I'm saying.

  • Jump to: