Thread Rating:

Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 6th, 2013 at 9:03:58 AM permalink
" The gap between a Basic Strategy player and a Card counter is a matter of 1-2%. No-one -should- get suspicious if over two shoes of Blackjack if the counter makes less than the random ploppie."

But over a series of hour long sessions, say 100, I would expect the counter to have come out winning more money 4 or 5 times as much as the average ploppie for sure.

Hell, I ain't even gonna pretend to roll the dice properly. Over my shoulder, between the legs, etc. Results will be the same!
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
February 6th, 2013 at 9:48:29 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard
Hell, I ain't even gonna pretend to roll the dice properly. Over my shoulder, between the legs, etc. Results will be the same![/q

I would be careful about this. Since craps is, by definition, a random game even someone who believes they can influence or control the dice is not at a disadvantage to you even if you do throw the dice over your shoulder, between your legs, etc.

My position on dice controlling and dice influencing has always been this: while I don't believe anyone really has the skill it doesn't hurt to try. I always try. I know that when I have good rolls it's only because I got lucky. But it's nice to try -- AND IT DOESN'T HURT TO TRY.

So Buzzard, while you think you have a "lock" on this bet or challenge, when you come down to it, a non-dice influencer or a non-dice controller just might get luckier than you.

The bottom line is I think this bet and challenge are meaningless. You could get lucky and win, or, you can get unlucky and lose.

A better challenge would be to set up some standards for a controlled shot, and see if anyone can perform to those standards such as hitting a spot on the table, keeping the dice on axis, hitting a particular spot on the back wall, the number of rotations in the air, the number of bounces on the table, having the dice come to rest on the table within some defined distance. That would be a test of skill. How many 7s you roll or don't roll is only a test of luck.

Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 9:50:25 AM permalink

" The claimed gap between a DI and a random roll is not as great as that between me and Tiger Woods. "

I agree. so whatis the edge. I mean there is a handicap system in golf. 18 holes is considered a fair test.

Why not a hundred rolls in dice? Say rolling sevens. what odds would a dice setter lay me. So far it seems to be 1 to 1.

Here would be a fun bet for you. Let's do a bet I shouldn't be able to win very frequently against you.

So I will take a bet any day of the week with you that for a live performance in front of you I can do 8 or fewer sevens in 200 rolls again. A zero edge bet would be you pay me $15.40 for every dollar I bet to say I can do it. So if I can't do it, I pay you a buck. If I do it, you pay me $15.00.

I'll go up to $100 on my side, though.

So, I pay you $100 any time we agree to do the bet if I can't make 8 or fewer in 200 rolls and you pay me $1,500 if I do it.

There's a nice little $40 savings in what you have to pay me, which represents an edge pretty close to the edge on the sucker/field bet on a craps table.

That should be a super edge for you to rake in the dough $100 at a time as often as you want to take my money.

I will require that $1,500 is on deposit in escrow with a neutral third party from you and $100 from me before the event will take place.

Let me know when you're ready! You should have no fear as I'm probably not going to be as lucky as I was last night when I did this any time soon. That should only happen on one out of every 15.4 sessions on average.

I look forward to your confident bets against me!!! You should be able to make several hundred dollars very easily from me, so let me know when you're ready to put up that $1,500 to show me that I am just random!
aahigh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 6th, 2013 at 9:58:35 AM permalink
" The bottom line is I think this bet and challenge are meaningless. You could get lucky and win, or, you can get unlucky and lose. "

And at 3 to 1 odds I believe dumbass luck will crush a non-existent skill.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 6th, 2013 at 10:00:02 AM permalink
" If I do it, you pay me $15.00. "

You want 15 to 1. I only want 3 to 1 I am as good as you. And at 3 to 1 I am stealing !
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
February 6th, 2013 at 10:00:47 AM permalink
From wiki:

"Asperger syndrome is distinguished by a pattern of symptoms rather than a single symptom. It is characterized by qualitative impairment in social interaction, by stereotyped and restricted patterns of behavior, activities and interests, and by no clinically significant delay in cognitive development or general delay in language. Intense preoccupation with a narrow subject, one-sided verbosity, restricted prosody, and physical clumsiness are typical of the condition, but are not required for diagnosis."

I'm just sayin' ...
"What, me worry?"
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 6th, 2013 at 10:01:30 AM permalink
look forward to your confident bets against me!!! You should be able to make several hundred dollars very easily from me, so let me know when you're ready to put up that $1,500 to show me that I am just random!

Let me know when you are ready yo put $1500 against my 500.
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 6th, 2013 at 10:02:51 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

From wiki:

"Asperger syndrome is distinguished by a pattern of symptoms rather than a single symptom. It is characterized by qualitative impairment in social interaction, by stereotyped and restricted patterns of behavior, activities and interests, and by no clinically significant delay in cognitive development or general delay in language. Intense preoccupation with a narrow subject, one-sided verbosity, restricted prosody, and physical clumsiness are typical of the condition, but are not required for diagnosis."

I'm just sayin' ...

Is this a self diagnosis ? I'm just saying.
MrV
MrV
February 6th, 2013 at 10:05:57 AM permalink

If the shoe fits ... televise it.
"What, me worry?"
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 6th, 2013 at 10:16:51 AM permalink

" The gap between a Basic Strategy player and a Card counter is a matter of 1-2%. No-one -should- get suspicious if over two shoes of Blackjack if the counter makes less than the random ploppie."

But over a series of hour long sessions, say 100, I would expect the counter to have come out winning more money 4 or 5 times as much as the average ploppie for sure.

Hell, I ain't even gonna pretend to roll the dice properly. Over my shoulder, between the legs, etc. Results will be the same!

100 sessions at blackjack is far greater than 100 rolls.

You want 3:1 per 100 rolls. That just doesn't fit the math of the claims made.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
thecesspit
thecesspit
February 6th, 2013 at 10:18:21 AM permalink

" The claimed gap between a DI and a random roll is not as great as that between me and Tiger Woods. "

I agree. so whatis the edge. I mean there is a handicap system in golf. 18 holes is considered a fair test.

Why not a hundred rolls in dice? Say rolling sevens. what odds would a dice setter lay me. So far it seems to be 1 to 1.

I have answered that question for you of what they should lay you for rolling 7's.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 6th, 2013 at 10:20:30 AM permalink
" You want 3:1 per 100 rolls. That just doesn't fit the math of the claims made. "

What are the correct odds? I get no answer. Just mathematical bullshit. If a Dice Setter has a skill it should be measurable, not
imaginary.
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 6th, 2013 at 10:22:20 AM permalink
" I have answered that question for you of what they should lay you for rolling 7's. "

And the odds should be what ? Please enlighten me. What odds will a dice setter lay me on who will roll the most sevens in a 100 rolls? I am patiently waiting.
thecesspit
thecesspit
February 6th, 2013 at 10:31:57 AM permalink

" You want 3:1 per 100 rolls. That just doesn't fit the math of the claims made. "

What are the correct odds? I get no answer. Just mathematical bullshit. If a Dice Setter has a skill it should be measurable, not
imaginary.

What's bullshit about my maths? Please discuss it in the thread. If I've made a bad assumption let me know :

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/craps/12879-betting-3-1-on-a-di-the-buzzards-proposition/
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 11:43:58 AM permalink

From wiki:

I'm just sayin' ...

If this isn't an insult, I don't know what is. And yes a subsequent post made it clear he intended this to apply to me after someone ELSE took offense to it.

If the shoe fits ... televise it.

I absolutely hope you get a vacation from the forum. Not appreciated at all these insulting remarks.

Aside from everything else, I have a step-family member with Asperger syndrome. I absolutely think this is out of line.
aahigh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 6th, 2013 at 11:47:17 AM permalink

I for one took it to mean either MrV, or even me for that matter. Curious as to why you thought it was directed at you ?
thecesspit
thecesspit
February 6th, 2013 at 11:47:20 AM permalink
You know, unless you bring the insult to the attention of a moderator, there's no guarantee they will see it.
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 11:49:04 AM permalink
Yeah. If it gets overlooked this guy is lucky, not skilled!

LOL.
aahigh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 6th, 2013 at 11:54:32 AM permalink
Ahigh, you can send a PM to Mission146. But based on what I read, not even Acesofspades could win this case for you. Or Perry Mason.
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 11:57:33 AM permalink
Whatever! Look, my Mom's husband's grandchild (not blood relative) has Aspergers. I don't think it appropriate to bring this disease into the conversation to slight someone.

If it's within the rules, then I guess he won't be banned.

It should be clear to everyone that I don't have this disease and that the intended joke was not funny or appropriate in any way shape or fashion.

I think that this poster's message was horribly insensitive to people with Aspergers syndrome more than anything else. But I am also offended by the comment as well.
aahigh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 6th, 2013 at 11:59:29 AM permalink
" If it's withing the rules, then I guess he won't be banned." That's all I was saying.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 6th, 2013 at 12:13:53 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

If this isn't an insult, I don't know what is.

Ever since you were suspended for name calling early
on, Ahigh, you have been on a crusade to get
somebody else suspended for the same thing. Me, Buzz,
V, and others have been on your list. You pick at
the tiniest thing and cry 'Foul!' Its getting ridiculous.

I thought the Asberger comment was clever by V. There
is definitely something up with you, your comments
contradict themselves constantly. So you know somebody
with Asberger, big deal. The show Boston Legal was on
for 5 years and had a main character with Asberger
Syndrome and it was often used as the humorous part
of the show. Its a disease that has odd symptoms, give
us a break.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MrV
MrV
February 6th, 2013 at 12:25:04 PM permalink
I had hoped my comment might lead to a better understanding; no "insult" was intended.

BTW, Aaron, why would you feel insulted or maligned if someone suggested that your comments and conduct seemed consistent with Aspergers?

It is no different than saying someone is right handed, or has a broken arm: it is what it is: we describe what we (think we) see.

People with Aspergers, while often quirky, are not dismissed as being of no value: far from it: many have gone on to do great things.
"What, me worry?"
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 1:46:12 PM permalink
I have a 10-year-old boy and a 14-year-old girl that both call each other retarded all the time. Trust me, I am pretty good at understanding intentions with that sort of comment. And I absolutely equate it to calling someone a retard except that you are trying to skirt the rules of the forum.

You can say what you want, and if you don't get suspended that is just fine and dandy with me.

But don't think for one second that I thought it was funny or clever.

I thought it was rude and inappropriate.

As far as me wanting to get other people suspended, it's true in as much as I believe the rules should be applied equally to all members.

If we want to get into name calling, I can participate if I'm not going to get suspended. I've got some names too, or as you demonstrated is acceptable, questions about diseases in which I think you might have.

As soon as the moderators rule that it's okay to ask if other members have diseases, I will have some questions for you, but not until the issue is resolved with a clarification on the rules.
aahigh.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 6th, 2013 at 1:55:53 PM permalink

You can say what you want, and if you don't get suspended that is just fine and dandy with me.

You thought I should be suspended last week because I
made a 'never wise up a chump' comment to V and
you thought it was in reference to you. Give it a rest
already.
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 2:11:22 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You thought I should be suspended last week because I
made a 'never wise up a chump' comment to V and
you thought it was in reference to you. Give it a rest
already.

Dude stop posting so much! I wouldn't think anything if you didn't post ten times more often than I fart! Especially on topics you have no interest in. You and Buzzard alone could increase the signal to noise ratio by about 5x just for taking a vacation somewhere with no internet access.
aahigh.com
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 6th, 2013 at 2:47:14 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
February 6th, 2013 at 3:03:55 PM permalink
I've just been skimming through most of this thread, but did ahigh just post a pic of a $20 comp to brag?
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 6th, 2013 at 3:58:16 PM permalink

Dude stop posting so much! I wouldn't think anything if you didn't post ten times more often

Yesterday and today I posted a total of 22 times. You
posted 48 times. It seems you post twice as often as I
do, and you want me to stop? Is this another symptom,
when things seem twice as bad as they really are, when
your sense of reality is so skewed you start hallucinating?

Meds, dude, meds..
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 4:26:07 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

I've just been skimming through most of this thread, but did ahigh just post a pic of a $20 comp to brag?

I'm not bragging about a $20 comp, no. Rick said go to Gold Coast and see if they give you heat.

They didn't give me heat, they gave me a comp. And they were friendly.

Did you read the words, or just look at the pictures? The comp was just evidence of who I talked to when I rolled a 4-point fire bet and what their response was.
aahigh.com
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 4:29:37 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Yesterday and today I posted a total of 22 times. You
posted 48 times. It seems you post twice as often as I
do, and you want me to stop? Is this another symptom,
when things seem twice as bad as they really are, when
your sense of reality is so skewed you start hallucinating?

Meds, dude, meds..

I'll be more clear about it: it's not just that you post so much, but you post a lot more frequently than you have anything to add except for a criticism, and often outside your own area of interest/expertise.

You are the #1 poster on the forum. Nice picking the last two days, but I went months without interacting with you at all since you aren't really a craps player to the best of my knowledge and that's the only game I focus on. I just am thinking why don't we go back to that?

It's possible that the reason I am posting so much is because so many people are making rude and crude comments about me. Maybe go back and count how many posts I made that were not just simply responding to personal attacks.
aahigh.com
MrV
MrV
February 6th, 2013 at 4:42:06 PM permalink
Aaron, I am a craps player.

I dare say I know as much about the game as you do; been playing regularly for years.

It stuns me to see the effort you are devoting to what I consider a completely worthless, pointless activity.

Your approach does not have an ounce of real "science" to it.

Seriously man, what is the point?

When you build a house of glass, don't complain if people look in and don't like the view.

No doubt I would enjoy time at the craps table with you, I bet pretty solidly, but this isn't a craps table, it is a forum for the exchange of ideas and quite frankly sir, your "idea" and its underlying methodology and theory is unclear.
"What, me worry?"
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 4:44:05 PM permalink

Aaron, I am a craps player.

I dare say I know as much about the game as you do; been playing regularly for years.

It stuns me to see the effort you are devoting to what I consider a completely worthless, pointless activity.

Your approach does not have an ounce of real "science" to it.

Seriously man, what is the point?

When you build a house of glass, don't complain if people look in and don't like the view.

No doubt I would enjoy time at the craps table with you, I bet pretty solidly, but this isn't a craps table, it is a forum for the exchange of ideas and quite frankly sir, your "idea" and its underlying methodology and theory is unclear.

WTF are you doing, really?!

Let's meet up and play then.
aahigh.com
MrV
MrV
February 6th, 2013 at 4:45:53 PM permalink
OK.

No forum B.S., just a couple guys shooting craps and shooting the breeze.

I may be coming in for the get together, or it may be later in June.

I usually stay and play at MGM.
"What, me worry?"
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
February 6th, 2013 at 4:53:30 PM permalink

I have a 10-year-old boy and a 14-year-old girl that both call each other retarded all the time. Trust me, I am pretty good at understanding intentions with that sort of comment. And I absolutely equate it to calling someone a retard except that you are trying to skirt the rules of the forum.

I'm going to say that this is not wizardofpsychologicaldiagnoses.com, but at the same time, I'm calling that comment within the Statler and Waldorf standard.

Furthermore, I would advise AHigh that nobody made any comment about retardation, as Asperger's and retardation are two completely separate things. Furthermore, this post is the first I have seen equating Asperger's to retardation, which is stunning, coming from the person who was offended at Asperger's being brought up due to having a family member diagnosed with it.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 6th, 2013 at 5:09:16 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

wizardofpsychologicaldiagnoses.com.

Has a certain ring to it..
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
February 6th, 2013 at 5:20:51 PM permalink

Let's meet up and play then.

I just found out my cameraman has to spend another night in New York tonight so I cancelled tomorrow's shoots. I am available to meet up and play Ahigh, though I appreciate that you have work during the day. But if I drove up in the morning, I could meet you after work for a few hours before driving back to LA. Let me know???
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
February 6th, 2013 at 5:22:21 PM permalink

I'm not bragging about a $20 comp, no. Rick said go to Gold Coast and see if they give you heat.

They didn't give me heat, they gave me a comp. And they were friendly.

Did you read the words, or just look at the pictures? The comp was just evidence of who I talked to when I rolled a 4-point fire bet and what their response was.

seems like the definition of bragging to me.

i can't wait till i get down to borgata this weekend so i can post a photo of my $25 match play to totally one up you.
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 5:32:47 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

seems like the definition of bragging to me.

i can't wait till i get down to borgata this weekend so i can post a photo of my $25 match play to totally one up you.

Do it! On a serious note, though, just wanted to let Rick know that I do play at the casinos he's talking about as being heat generators.

To his side, the guy who had the $5 chip on the fire bet claimed that they won't let him shoot anymore after he rolled too many shorties and won too many fire bets. But the crew didn't back him up on it, so who knows?

At the very least, players there have a perception of the casino not liking that they win too much money. My perception was they let me win a bunch of money, and if they were trying to get rid of me, they bought me off with a food comp and said, "go eat so you don't make any fire bets."

I don't think they really cared that I was rolling good though. They were having fun right along with me like it should be.

And yeah, I'm bragging, but mostly that I had a good roll, ate, and left! Not that the food was $20 worth.
aahigh.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 6th, 2013 at 5:32:50 PM permalink

It's possible that the reason I am posting so much is because so many people are making rude and crude comments about me. .

You think I've forgotten you're the reason MustangSally
left and has never returned? I really liked her, she was
a math whiz. And she left because of YOU.

Remember this?

"AAhigh or whatever he calls hiself
posts a lot of useless, misleading and error filled math calculations that is absolutely false.
Then accuses others that they do not know what they are talking about."

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/info/rules/3853-discussion-about-the-suspension-list/14/#post175673
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 5:35:53 PM permalink
I didn't forget that. I thought she was pretty inconsiderate too, and you can see from what she wrote that she saw things pretty one-sided.

I absolutely don't think she was right about everything she was thinking as it relates to me.

I also didn't know her enough to consider her a math Whiz. I'm not sure she would have won any spelling bees though.
aahigh.com
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 5:38:00 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

I just found out my cameraman has to spend another night in New York tonight so I cancelled tomorrow's shoots. I am available to meet up and play Ahigh, though I appreciate that you have work during the day. But if I drove up in the morning, I could meet you after work for a few hours before driving back to LA. Let me know???

Absolutely. I mentioned it on the show, but I'm absolutely open to meeting with anyone and everyone. All this stuff is for entertainment, and especially if I find you entertaining to play craps with, I am more than happy to play with anyone.

The more the merrier!
aahigh.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 6th, 2013 at 5:39:56 PM permalink

I absolutely don't think she was right about everything she was thinking as it relates to me.

Of course you don't, you're always right about everything.
I would trust her math ability over yours any day of the
week and twice on Sunday. I don't trust yours at all.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
February 6th, 2013 at 5:40:32 PM permalink

Absolutely. I mentioned it on the show, but I'm absolutely open to meeting with anyone and everyone. All this stuff is for entertainment, and especially if I find you entertaining to play craps with, I am more than happy to play with anyone.

The more the merrier!

Can you commit to tomorrow at say 6pm? Would you be able to meet me at Caesars (which I am sure is on the level of your Wynn experiences)?
MrV
MrV
February 6th, 2013 at 5:41:47 PM permalink

I'm absolutely open to meeting with anyone and everyone. All this stuff is for entertainment, and especially if I find you entertaining to play craps with, I am more than happy to play with anyone.

Hang on a minute ... "entertaining to play craps with?"

I am a pretty serious player, not an "entertaining " one.

By nature I am not ebullient, demonstrative or loquacious.

I fear my craps play would not meet your standards of "entertainment."

Better pass.
"What, me worry?"
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 6th, 2013 at 5:50:26 PM permalink

Hang on a minute ... "entertaining to play craps with?"

I am a pretty serious player, not an "entertaining " one.

By nature I am not ebullient, demonstrative or loquacious.

I fear my craps play would not meet your standards of "entertainment."

Better pass.

Yeah, if you consider craps a replacement for your job, or if you blame me for your losing money, better that we not play together.

You might have a gambling problem if you don't play for entertainment and don't believe in AP craps play. Be careful!

There's a pamphlet out there.

aahigh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 6th, 2013 at 5:51:52 PM permalink
deleted
MrV
MrV
February 6th, 2013 at 6:20:07 PM permalink
No Aaron, you misunderstand.

I question whether my comments and demeanor would meet your standards of "entertainment."

I have some fun at the table but I don't say much, usually.

It would seem you are a regular chatterbox, someone who always has something to say on any subject, which frankly I would find annoying.

Like my neighbor: I told him not to come over and watch NFL games anymore because he just cannot keep his mouth closed during the game, he rattles on and on inanely and expects me to talk to him, when all I want to do is watch the game.
"What, me worry?"
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
February 6th, 2013 at 7:00:55 PM permalink
I will probably very much enjoy a conversation with Ahigh at the table. the only thing I object to at the table is when someone is talking to the shooter or the shooter is ordering drinks or talking to his neighbors, etc.

Let the shooter shoot.

the rest of us can have a good time.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 6th, 2013 at 9:05:35 PM permalink

Dude stop posting so much! I wouldn't think anything if you didn't post ten times more often than I fart! Especially on topics you have no interest in. You and Buzzard alone could increase the signal to noise ratio by about 5x just for taking a vacation somewhere with no internet access.

Hey, a farting game. Everytime I see a post by EvenBob, I fart. Then we can have a discussion on global warming.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
  • Jump to: