Thread Rating:

Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
January 31st, 2013 at 3:05:04 PM permalink
I will be doing the show again next week at the same time. There's no set end time, but last time the show went on for two hours.

Some people wanted more advance notice on the show times, so here it is.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-ahigh-show
aahigh.com
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 1st, 2013 at 12:19:29 AM permalink
what would be the most helpful is to not claim at any point that you have changed your mind about having the show!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
February 1st, 2013 at 1:09:46 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

what would be the most helpful is to not claim at any point that you have changed your mind about having the show!

Are you kidding? That fueled like 100 posts. That's all ahigh wants anyway.
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 1:11:26 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Are you kidding? That fueled like 100 posts. That's all ahigh wants anyway.

No, he also wants dice setting to be recognized as an attainable skill. Similar to spinning gold from straw.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 2:27:48 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

No, he also wants dice setting to be recognized as an attainable skill. Similar to spinning gold from straw.

You know what? Setting the dice is easy, and is not a skill. I'm sure you already knew that, but it's hilarious how the critics are so confused they can't even describe anything properly.

It's the controlled throw that has a quantifiable bias that is in question here.

Dice setting and how it changes the outcome for a given theoretical throw with a quantifiable bias is very well understood by many, and generally speaking, critics like yourself just use "dice setting" as a derogatory description for what they fail to understand: everyone's throw is different without any question!!!
aahigh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 2:36:06 PM permalink
: everyone's throw is different without any question!!! " And your throw , no matter how many hours you practice, will be no more skilled than mine.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 1st, 2013 at 2:36:23 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

everyone's throw is different without any question!!!

And everyone's results are random without any question.
Just like every dealer throws the roulette ball differently,
yet every outcome is random.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 2:36:49 PM permalink
A skill is the learned capacity to carry out pre-determined results .

Dice setters have no skill, just an opinion.

I started evaluating skills at age 16. I would often have to suggest a handicap for players of unequal skills.

Spotting the 8 in 9 ball. Or spotting 25 points in a 14-1 game of 100.

But there is no skill in dice setting.

If there was, the following would be true.

In 120 rolls a dice setter could roll a number, say 2 or 3, more 7's than a completely unskilled person ( me )

Or 6's 8's whatever.

Or would lay me 2 or 3 to 1 I would not beat him heads up in such a contest.

Or just how miniscule is the non-existent edge dice setters have ?

Screw math and probabilities. Try beating this unskilled shooter. How big an edge do you really have ?
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 2:39:06 PM permalink

: everyone's throw is different without any question!!! " And your throw , no matter how many hours you practice, will be no more skilled than mine.

That's an obviously false blanket statement. Skill is a broad term that can ABSOLUTELY be used to describe my shot no matter WHAT the outcome is.

And this is my point: dice setting is the icing on the proverbial cake. Most people do it just to imitate others.

You need years of practice IMO before you can even wonder what set to use. Just my opinion.

You guys making conclusions just don't have enough knowledge to make them. That's all.

And you know what, if we are just talking about SETTING the dice without doing anything else, WE AGREE 100%.

Big deal! It's like saying breathing while shooting doesn't make you a better shooter.

GUESS WHAT! YOU ARE RIGHT. BUT NOT BREATHING DEFINITELY PREVENTS YOU FROM BEING A DECENT SHOOTER. YOU WILL FALL OVER DEAD!
aahigh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 2:40:46 PM permalink
' You need years of practice IMO before you can even wonder what set to use. " I can just pick up up and throw'em. That is all that is necessary.

Still waiting for a so called skilled dice setter to demonstrate his skill is better than my unskill.
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 2:45:38 PM permalink
How many more 7's in a 120 rolls can a dice setter roll than my granddaughter Gracie ? She is 5 , so she will have to stand on a chair. But really, in 120 rolls, how many more 7's ?
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 3:04:50 PM permalink
At the end of the day, even with an edge, that person with an edge is going to overpower their edge by gambling. Even the Wongs and the DiceCoaches and all those guys.

You guys just want to mix everything together and say "BULLSHIT" to make your simple minds feel better about what is and isn't possible.

Why is it that I can't pursue the truth without EVERYONE jumping to their own specific forgone conclusions?

I've got 2000 rolls with the do with no odds shows I have a 1.41% edge to my advantage. It's only 2000 rolls, but even if it were 100,000 rolls, it is still a tiny edge! $40 profit from 2000 rolls! It's effectively zero just like the house's edge IN THE FIRST PLACE.

But that's not the topic: whether it matters.

The topic is whether it is possible.

You guys that want to say "oh but you're not winning with that edge" .. you need to bet on a pretty high dollar table for a long time to win EVEN IF YOU PROVE AND CAN GET THE EDGE.

But that doesn't matter to your position that you just want to have a firm belief without the proof to back it up.

Both sides believe what they believe without enough evidence.

BOTH.

And *I* am controversial because I say that it's possible, yet I don't know for sure!

Really? Who is the fool?
aahigh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 3:06:27 PM permalink
Does this mean you concede and Gracie will not have to stand on a chair ? Heights scare her !
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 3:21:25 PM permalink
I believe Ahigh will soon have Time Out. Hopefully the show will still go on ?
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 1st, 2013 at 3:26:00 PM permalink

Why is it that I can't pursue the truth without EVERYONE jumping to their own specific forgone conclusions?

Because you're doing it on a public forum, duh. You
want to be able to preach your own foregone conclusions
to the exclusion of everybody elses. Thats why churches
have only true believers, no heretics allowed. You don't
want to hear our side, make your own private forum.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
February 1st, 2013 at 3:38:01 PM permalink
truth

Aaron, the only "truth" you need to "pursue" is being a long term winner at craps.

If you aren't, well, all your yakking about DI will have been proven, in the end, to be just so much BS.

To date you've not demonstrated that you have any particular skill at dice setting / DI; your results are not persuasive.

Better get with the program and figure it out, you ain't gonna live forever.

Tick ... tick ... tick ...
"What, me worry?"
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 3:39:43 PM permalink
That wouldn't prove anything. I have enough cash available to me I could go out and become a lifetime winner at craps today in a single roll.

So you're wrong.

Any other disingenuous suggestions?
aahigh.com
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 1st, 2013 at 3:47:46 PM permalink

That wouldn't prove anything. I have enough cash available to me I could go out and become a lifetime winner at craps today in a single roll.

So you're wrong.

Any other disingenuous suggestions?

Or you could go out and become a life time loser in a single roll.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
tupp
tupp
  • Threads: 3
February 1st, 2013 at 3:48:58 PM permalink

Does this mean you concede and Gracie will not have to stand on a chair ? Heights scare her !

Perhaps Gracie should be more concerned about a grandparent who recklessly uses her name on an open Internet forum, in one of many lame attempts at humor/insult.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 1st, 2013 at 3:49:10 PM permalink

That wouldn't prove anything. I have enough cash available to me

I swear, you are obsessed with money. You talk
about it all the time. We know you lived in a million
dollar house, we know about your mortgage payments
and how comfortable you are financially. We know its
'easy' for you to make money. You seem to want to
remind us constantly about your 'situation'.

Why is that, do you think.
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 3:50:45 PM permalink
Gracie can take care of herself. As far as lame humor goes, I see no dice setters have set a line on their ability to beat a 5 year old.
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 3:51:58 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I swear, you are obsessed with money. You talk
about it all the time. We know you lived in a million
dollar house, we know about your mortgage payments
and how comfortable you are financially. We know its
'easy' for you to make money. You seem to want to
remind us constantly about your 'situation'.

Why is that, do you think.

Because you guys bring it up, EVENBOB
aahigh.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 1st, 2013 at 3:53:12 PM permalink

Because you guys bring it up, EVENBOB

No we don't. Who asked what the house you
lived in cost.
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 3:57:44 PM permalink
Why don't you do the work to locate the thread, EVENBOB. I think the whole topic was about expensive houses. I had knowledge on the subject and I shared it. I did NOT bring up the subject.
aahigh.com
superrick
superrick
  • Threads: 28
February 1st, 2013 at 4:01:15 PM permalink
Quote:

Ahigh

So you're wrong.

No Ahigh you’re the one that is wrong, because that is an assumption on you’re part, you can not prove that until you go out and do it. Then and only then, would you be a life time winner if you never played craps again.
Note, all my post start with this is just my opinion...! You do good brada ..! superrick Winning comes from knowledge and skill when your betting and not reading fiction http://procraps4u2.myfanforum.org/index.php ...
tupp
tupp
February 1st, 2013 at 4:03:05 PM permalink

Gracie can take care of herself. As far as lame humor goes, I see no dice setters have set a line on their ability to beat a 5 year old.

Okay. You want to involve your 5-year-old granddaughter in another craps trial?
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 4:05:52 PM permalink
Sure. Gracie needs some new toys. I will take 3 to 1 she can beat Ahigh.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 1st, 2013 at 4:12:00 PM permalink

I bring up the subject.

Yet I know more, far far more, about your financial
situation than anybody else on this forum. Don't
you find that odd? Why hasn't anybody else felt
forced and compelled to share the details
of their private finances.

You're trying to make some kind of point, thats why.
For some reason you want us all to know you don't
need money. Like when the motivational speaker
arrives in town for his 3 day seminar in a $100K
Beamer and wearing a $3K Armani suit.
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 4:12:46 PM permalink
Quote: superrick

No Ahigh you’re the one that is wrong, because that is an assumption on you’re part, you can not prove that until you go out and do it. Then and only then, would you be a life time winner if you never played craps again.

Nope, you are wrong because it is in fact a possibility that I could go out and do this. And if I were to go out and do this it would make NO MATERIAL DIFFERENCE AT ALL in the subject at hand.

I'm being accused of focusing on money; the irony here is that it's the members of this forum who equate financial well being with meaning towards whether or not a biased roll is possible.

NOT ME.

Furthermore, it's a logical extension that the only reason we are HAVING this conversation is because I am being open an honest about this stuff.

You in fact, prompted me to share my P/L reports from Silverton. And after I did and the numbers were exactly as I claimed to be, it made no difference to anyone at all!

What was the outcome of me disclosing that to my advantage?

I think you made some comment that wasn't exactly nice about how you don't like to do big buy-ins (implying I wasn't gambling that money only buying in and leaving with it?!?!).

Here's the truth: you guys just aren't used to being fed the truth and don't want to believe the truth because so few people out there are telling the truth.

I know for a fact there are people who don't admit to being lifetime losers who are BIG lifetime losers.

I know for fact that I am not hiding that I am lifetime loser.

I know for a fact that being a lifetime loser means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with regards to the possibility that developing an edge in the game is possible.
aahigh.com
MrV
MrV
February 1st, 2013 at 4:15:47 PM permalink
A necessary corollary of being a successful dice setter would be WINNING; otherwise, what's the point?

Who cares IN THE ABSTRACT whether it is possible: reality is what counts, and in the end either you are a winner or a loser.

BTW, here's inspiration for your next project ...

shake, rattle and roll
"What, me worry?"
tupp
tupp
February 1st, 2013 at 4:19:31 PM permalink

Sure. Gracie needs some new toys. I will take 3 to 1 she can beat Ahigh.

Do you mean that you will pay 3 units for every one unit bet against your granddaughter?
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 4:20:15 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

A necessary corollary of being a successful dice setter would be WINNING; otherwise, what's the point?

Wrong.

Who cares IN THE ABSTRACT whether it is possible: reality is what counts, and in the end either you are a winner or a loser.

I care whether it's possible. And there's nothing abstract about it. This is reality I am dealing with.

Having lifetime wins or losses means nothing to the possibility.

BTW, here's inspiration for your next project ...

shake, rattle and roll

Cool, I will check it out.

To help those who are still having a hard time grasping what I'm doing, the work that I am doing is the type of work that I do, and I enjoy it, and I get paid for doing this type of work (programming, developing games, and understanding details like the details of whether or not it is possible to influence dice.)

The cost of playing the game for me is miniscule, and the wins/losses from my playing the game are irrelevant.

I am NOT nor do I even wish to be a professional gambler at this point in time. I have an awesome job that I enjoy much more than the idea of being a professional gambler.
aahigh.com
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
February 1st, 2013 at 4:21:46 PM permalink
Quote: tupp

Do you mean that you will pay 3 units for every one unit bet against your granddaughter?

No, that would mean he was laying 3 to 1, not taking it.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 1st, 2013 at 4:24:01 PM permalink

I've gotta say, that's not really true. The first step to proving it would be to make a theory and test it in lab conditions. Thorpe never really went and gambled up a big bankroll, but he did show proof that counting cards was possible and profitable (other people may well have been doing it before he put it out there).

However, the really important first step is the build that testable theory, do experiments and the like. I've not seen much of that anywhere. Just defence of a method that is as yet unclear what it's trying to test (the detail, not the abstract). Maybe AHigh likes to keep that hidden, but if so, I don't quite see why he gets so agigtated about this debate.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
tupp
tupp
February 1st, 2013 at 4:27:15 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

No, that would mean he was laying 3 to 1, not taking it.

Thank you, but please let Buzzard answer directly.
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 4:27:47 PM permalink
Until you guys can stop using terms like "dice setter" and "dice sitter" and other terms I find derogatory when referring to the work that I am doing, I think we're stuck anyway.

I might as well call you guys internet trolls every time I refer to you.

Setting the dice has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH DEVELOPING A BIAS.

A dice setter is nothing more than someone who arranges the dice before he throws them.

THE END.
aahigh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 4:28:34 PM permalink
DUH Gracie is the unskilled one, remember !
MrV
MrV
February 1st, 2013 at 4:29:03 PM permalink
Aaron, how can you possibly deny, with a straight face, my claim that "A necessary corollary of being a successful dice setter would be WINNING?"

Are you saying that a self-proclaimed DI who LOSES at the craps table in the long run should ever be deemed "successful?"

And are you seriously claiming that "I get paid for doing this type of work (programming, developing games, and understanding details like the details of whether or not it is possible to influence dice.)?"

Really?!

So then, since you are getting paid for learning THE TRUTH about dice setting, where is our consultants' fee?
"What, me worry?"
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 4:30:26 PM permalink
Would Dice Influencer suit you better? I believe fool is already taken.
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 4:31:51 PM permalink

Aaron, how can you possibly deny, with a straight face, my claim that "A necessary corollary of being a successful dice setter would be WINNING?"

Are you saying that a self-proclaimed DI who LOSES at the craps table in the long run should ever be deemed "successful?"

And are you seriously claiming that "I get paid for doing this type of work (programming, developing games, and understanding details like the details of whether or not it is possible to influence dice.)?"

Really?!

So then, since you are getting paid for learning THE TRUTH about dice setting, where is our consultants' fee?

You know what, I now understand that you will not be able to understand. If you can't grasp what I just said, and you think somebody is paying me for what I'm doing for fun, you're just plain lost.

I said I do this TYPE of thing. TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE. Seriously? Comprehension, maybe. Maybe look into it?

You have no form of logic and just jump to all kinds of conclusions without any basis!
aahigh.com
sodawater
sodawater
February 1st, 2013 at 4:32:31 PM permalink
Throwing it out there that if Gracie vs Ahigh ever happens I will bet on the kid at even money.
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 4:33:29 PM permalink
Gee. I failed to grasp the correlation between game development and dice influencing, silly me.
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 4:34:05 PM permalink

And you predicted I would get the timeout?
aahigh.com
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 1st, 2013 at 4:35:03 PM permalink
Maybe that is because you and others focus on the opportunity to make money instead of the entertainment value of the GAME of craps, for which the possibility of influencing the dice for many players is a MAJOR ATTRACTION.
aahigh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 4:36:09 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Throwing it out there that if Gracie vs Ahigh ever happens I will bet on the kid at even money.

Henry G, 1st bookie I ever worked for, said he wanted nothing to do with an even bet. Let the SKILLED players lay the odds. That is if there really is a skill, not a delusion.
MrV
MrV
February 1st, 2013 at 4:36:11 PM permalink

You have no form of logic and just jump to all kinds of conclusions without any basis!

"What, me worry?"
sodawater
sodawater
February 1st, 2013 at 4:36:44 PM permalink

Maybe that is because you and others focus on the opportunity to make money instead of the entertainment value of the GAME of craps, for which the possibility of influencing the dice for many players is a MAJOR ATTRACTION.

looks like someone discovered the [b] tag!
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 1st, 2013 at 4:37:16 PM permalink

And you predicted I would get the timeout?

The best defense is a slander suit is the truth. The defense rests.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 1st, 2013 at 4:41:50 PM permalink

Here we can agree! I think that the thought that a player can influence the dice leads to more money wagered and more money lost, but likely also more interest on the part of the shooter. There is no way the casinos want this myth exposed. There are so many myths in the game of craps... 'hot table', 'cold table'... that affect peoples betting and enjoyment.... Since the casino knows it makes no difference in outcome, they want every player... the "DI", the player who knows it is bunk, the newbie, the veteran, the bober person, the drunkard, WHOEVER is willing to make a bet....
tupp
tupp
February 1st, 2013 at 4:42:12 PM permalink

DUH Gracie is the unskilled one, remember !

Wait a second.

You have boasted incessantly on this forum that you are absolutely sure that skill has no bearing in throwing dice. A few moments ago you were so sure, that you involved your 5-year-old granddaughter in a claim that she can't be beat by someone who claims to be a dice influencer.

Sounds like you suddenly are not too sure of yourself, if you expect to get paid 3 to 1.

If you are so sure that you are correct, then a fair, appropriate bet would be 1:1 with your 5-year-old granddaughter shooting randomly.
  • Jump to: