Poll
| 5 votes (31.25%) | ||
| 1 vote (6.25%) | ||
| 4 votes (25%) | ||
| 1 vote (6.25%) | ||
| 6 votes (37.5%) | ||
| No votes (0%) | |||
| 1 vote (6.25%) | ||
| 1 vote (6.25%) | ||
| 1 vote (6.25%) | ||
| 9 votes (56.25%) |
16 members have voted
October 2nd, 2026 at 12:07:05 AM
permalink
Quote: odiousgambitThis is as it should be, it shows the utter impossibility of guessing whether the table will be hot or cold. Take it to heart.Quote: ChumpChange
As always, WinCraps is giving me cold rolls when I bet on the right side and hot rolls when I bet on the dark side, so it doesn't matter which side I pick, because the dice will roll the opposite.
link to original post
link to original post
How about defining "hot table."
1. Number of rolls?
2. Number of point conversions?
3. How about: point then 25 rolls w/o a conversion then 7 out or 35 rolls, etc.?
4. How about 5+ point conversions consecutive but no rolls in between and then point 7 out?
5. Does a "Don't" player consider multiple 7 outs w/o a point conversion a "hot table"?
Once defined, can one calculate the odds of such occurrences within a 4-hour session of craps?
tuttigym
October 2nd, 2026 at 2:02:35 AM
permalink
Sure, a multitude of ways to determine that a table *was* hot or cold. There is no way however to determine if a table *will be* hot or cold. If you don't believe me, try switching from the right side to the dark side, or the reverse, once you think the table will *next be* hot or cold. I predict you will get religion about it real quick. However, if you find you are good at it, contact me. ha ha.Quote: tuttigymQuote: odiousgambitThis is as it should be, it shows the utter impossibility of guessing whether the table will be hot or cold. Take it to heart.Quote: ChumpChange
As always, WinCraps is giving me cold rolls when I bet on the right side and hot rolls when I bet on the dark side, so it doesn't matter which side I pick, because the dice will roll the opposite.
link to original post
link to original post
How about defining "hot table."
1. Number of rolls?
2. Number of point conversions?
3. How about: point then 25 rolls w/o a conversion then 7 out or 35 rolls, etc.?
4. How about 5+ point conversions consecutive but no rolls in between and then point 7 out?
5. Does a "Don't" player consider multiple 7 outs w/o a point conversion a "hot table"?
Once defined, can one calculate the odds of such occurrences within a 4-hour session of craps?
link to original post
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
October 2nd, 2026 at 6:29:09 AM
permalink
The Community Bubble Craps machine calls a shooter who hits 20 rolls a Hot Shooter. If I was at a table where nobody counts rolls beyond 5, hitting 4 different points for the Fire Bet is a hot table. Not many Fire Bet tables left so it'd probably be hitting a portion of the All/Tall/Small for those who bet them.
I lost a 75 bet buy-in on my WinCraps with the 3 Point Molly, and it took much longer than with Place Bets would because of the overload of PSOs; I'm wondering if playing a 3 Point Dolly would have been a better choice. I should play both with two different players and see how it turns out. I cranked up my Fire Bets to $50 so if I win all 6 on that it'd be $50K. I'm betting from a base bet of $100 with 2X odds with a $30K buy-in hoping to triple-up, I increase my bets at certain scores on the credit meter and roll back my bets as I fall below those numbers but max out with a 1-8 spread. But since I like 3X odds for my Don't bets I may have to increase my buy-in by a third to $40K. There are far more bad rolls than good rolls. Playing the Dolly would be hitting on those bad rolls and limiting losses on the good rolls. Maybe just stop betting on a shooter with the Dolly after you lose so many bets, like 5, idk.
Of course if you play on a smaller table full of regulars who seem to have the table beat, play the Do-side instead. It's the larger tables full of tourists that the bad streaks show up more often. But even regulars are just lucky and not skilled shooters.
I lost a 75 bet buy-in on my WinCraps with the 3 Point Molly, and it took much longer than with Place Bets would because of the overload of PSOs; I'm wondering if playing a 3 Point Dolly would have been a better choice. I should play both with two different players and see how it turns out. I cranked up my Fire Bets to $50 so if I win all 6 on that it'd be $50K. I'm betting from a base bet of $100 with 2X odds with a $30K buy-in hoping to triple-up, I increase my bets at certain scores on the credit meter and roll back my bets as I fall below those numbers but max out with a 1-8 spread. But since I like 3X odds for my Don't bets I may have to increase my buy-in by a third to $40K. There are far more bad rolls than good rolls. Playing the Dolly would be hitting on those bad rolls and limiting losses on the good rolls. Maybe just stop betting on a shooter with the Dolly after you lose so many bets, like 5, idk.
Of course if you play on a smaller table full of regulars who seem to have the table beat, play the Do-side instead. It's the larger tables full of tourists that the bad streaks show up more often. But even regulars are just lucky and not skilled shooters.
October 2nd, 2026 at 7:28:05 AM
permalink
no one pays less attention to my cautions than chumpchange!!Quote: ChumpChange
Of course if you play on a smaller table full of regulars who seem to have the table beat, play the Do-side instead. skilled shooters.
link to original post
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder

