tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 9
July 7th, 2021 at 11:07:09 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

When you are posting there is a blue button that says “Insert My Picture”.

Mr. unJon: Thank you. I personally do not plan on posting pictures charts, etc. I have stated often that my computer skills are perhaps a 2 on a level of 10. So my questions to your answer above are: 1) Where does the "picture" come from? 2) How do I get the picture on the same screen or message entity to be transferred to my message? Let me tell you how obtuse I am: I do not know how to transfer a photo from my phone onto an instant message. My mind just does not grasp it, and because of that, it has not become a priority in my life.

Again, thanks for trying to help.

tuttigymi
tuttigym
tuttigym
Thanks for this post from:
odiousgambit
July 7th, 2021 at 11:14:02 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish .......

Mr. billryan: So I should teach Mr. Bluejay how to read, write, and communicate his concepts, ideas, and views? I am not sure there is enough time.

tuttigym
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
July 7th, 2021 at 11:44:07 AM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

Mr. unJon: Thank you. I personally do not plan on posting pictures charts, etc. I have stated often that my computer skills are perhaps a 2 on a level of 10. So my questions to your answer above are: 1) Where does the "picture" come from? 2) How do I get the picture on the same screen or message entity to be transferred to my message? Let me tell you how obtuse I am: I do not know how to transfer a photo from my phone onto an instant message. My mind just does not grasp it, and because of that, it has not become a priority in my life.

Again, thanks for trying to help.

tuttigymi

1) From your computer or phone, whatever device you are using to post. You have to save the picture or chart to your computer/phone first.

2) Once you click the blue insert picture button you’ll see how to do it.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
tuttigym
tuttigym
July 7th, 2021 at 12:02:36 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

This might shock tuttigym but US coin flips are not 50/50.

Mr. Mendelson: Your back because you figured out that my pot roast comment did NOT "border on antisemitism" or because of your expertise in coin flipping?

MIT was first to study this and found that the HEADS side is heavier, so TAILS is more likely to show.

I did not and will not read the "study." I do not know if you have read the "study." But I do know enough about some kinds of research to ask these questions to which you may not know the answers which is okay.
1. Are you suggesting that ALL U.S. coins are the same regardless of the year they were minted?
2. In the "study," were the coins flipped by a mechanical devise or by human hand?
3. Were the coins flipped from the same exact height or elevation?
4. Was the rotation of the flipping exactly the same each time?
5. Was the velocity of the rotation identical each time?
6. Was the distance from the flip to the landing area identical?
7. Was the bounce or rebound from the surface to rest identical?

All of the above can and do create variables which could skew ultimate results.

Smithsonian Magazine reported on another study here

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/gamblers-take-note-the-odds-in-a-coin-flip-arent-quite-5050-145465423/#:~:text=The%20reason%3A%20the%20side%20with,it%20finally%20comes%20to%20rest.

Does that "study" answer the questions above?

By the way MIT also discovered that when throwing two dice the two faces on the top have a slight advantage of being the final result. No reason was given in the MIT report I read

I am sorry Mr. Mendelson but that is NOT science or any kind of a valid report. I believe you know that too.

Quote: Alan Mendelson

I keep track of the Superbowl coin tosses and TAILS beats heads 29 to 26 and I think the Superbowl coins are designed like US coins with a heavier heads or obverse.

That sample size is too small to even become valid, and the above questions are even more relevant given the fact that some of those coin flippers lacked even average physical coordination skills.

tuttigym
tuttigym
tuttigym
July 7th, 2021 at 12:07:52 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

1) From your computer or phone, whatever device you are using to post. You have to save the picture or chart to your computer/phone first.

2) Once you click the blue insert picture button you’ll see how to do it.

Mr.unJon you have the patience and grace to help me become more competent, and I thank you. If there is an opportunity and necessity to try it, I will.

Thank you.

tuttigym
tuttigym
tuttigym
July 7th, 2021 at 12:10:05 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

At a coin flip for the COPA soccer series, the coin impaled itself into the ground and ended up vertical instead of horizontal.

Go figure. So who won THAT coin toss?

Great story.

tuttigym
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter 
  • Threads: 8
July 7th, 2021 at 12:38:28 PM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

Go figure. So who won THAT coin toss?

Great story.

tuttigym

I am sure they called "No Roll, Next Shooter".

Or whatever the equivalent is.
May the cards fall in your favor.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 113
July 7th, 2021 at 12:41:11 PM permalink
Tuttigym: US coins when sliced in half will have a heavier HEADS. It's because of the portrait.
tuttigym
tuttigym
July 7th, 2021 at 1:04:00 PM permalink

Tuttigym: US coins when sliced in half will have a heavier HEADS. It's because of the portrait.

Okay, I can go with that, but the questions I have asked are still relevant to the conclusions reached. What is the weight difference? What margin of error does that weight difference make? If the difference is infinitesimally small, those questions above are particularly pertinent?
You did not answer the "pot roast" question? Why? Embarrassed? Don't be.

tuttigym
tuttigym
tuttigym
July 7th, 2021 at 1:06:34 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

I am sure they called "No Roll, Next Shooter".

Or whatever the equivalent is.

Yeah, you're right, but a fist fight would have been better.

tuttigym

• Jump to: