MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 305
  • Posts: 6606
December 5th, 2018 at 11:56:14 PM permalink
Tonight I did something against my better judgment: I gambled at Ilani casino.

This is the closest casino to Portland, and my least favorite of all.

I played craps for a bit, but the table was cold, I was losing, and decided to stop that session.

"Color me up, this table is too cold for me," I told the dealer.

He said "those words are for quitters."

Which leads to the issue at hand: it pissed me off that he said it.

We'd not seen each other before, he'd not dealt to me previously.

Sure, it could have been just dealer chatter, but the way he said it was as if he were trying to shame me.

To me, it implied a level of familiarity that was nonexistent, a crossing of a line.

No tip for the boys tonight.
"What, me worry?"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 258
  • Posts: 12988
December 6th, 2018 at 12:26:42 AM permalink
I don'tknow how he meant it but if you felt that way it was his fault. all he had
to say was good luck.
I agree; no tip.
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 4519
December 6th, 2018 at 2:00:31 AM permalink
No need to tip for bad service.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 87
  • Posts: 1300
December 6th, 2018 at 3:42:09 AM permalink
You must have rubbed him the wrong way while you were playing. Maybe he didn't like your attitude and wanted to stick it to you one last time before you left the table. Personally, I think he should have kept his mouth shut and just do what he is paid to do and deal. Too many dealers try to be funny and cute these days.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 2521
December 6th, 2018 at 4:39:56 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Tonight I did something against my better judgment: I gambled at Ilani casino.

This is the closest casino to Portland, and my least favorite of all.

I played craps for a bit, but the table was cold, I was losing, and decided to stop that session.

"Color me up, this table is too cold for me," I told the dealer.

He said "those words are for quitters."

Which leads to the issue at hand: it pissed me off that he said it.

We'd not seen each other before, he'd not dealt to me previously.

Sure, it could have been just dealer chatter, but the way he said it was as if he were trying to shame me.

To me, it implied a level of familiarity that was nonexistent, a crossing of a line.

No tip for the boys tonight.



I agree with you. He crossed the line. He shouldn't have said that. I'm surprised you didn't report him to the pit boss because that was unprofessional of him to say. If the Gambler no longer wants to play, let them go in a professional way, not a snarky remark like what he told you.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D Disclaimer on Gambling App. "This gambling app pays better than a Real World Casino. We are not legally liable if players who use this app lose money in a Real World Casino using this Gambling App as a guide." LMAO! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 81
  • Posts: 7783
December 6th, 2018 at 4:44:31 AM permalink
meh.. doesnt sound bad to me. I would have had a witty sarcastic comment back and moved on with life to never think about it again.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed.
Nathan
Nathan
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 2521
December 6th, 2018 at 4:53:10 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

meh.. doesnt sound bad to me. I would have had a witty sarcastic comment back and moved on with life to never think about it again.



Maybe had he been WINNING and decided to quit while he was ahead a sarcastic witty reply would have been fun for him. But for someone who is LOSING you just are shocked by the unprofessionalism and just want to get out of there.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D Disclaimer on Gambling App. "This gambling app pays better than a Real World Casino. We are not legally liable if players who use this app lose money in a Real World Casino using this Gambling App as a guide." LMAO! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 499
December 6th, 2018 at 5:06:25 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

meh.. doesnt sound bad to me. I would have had a witty sarcastic comment back and moved on with life to never think about it again.

People have different buttons. Some people itís about quitting, some people about follicle count.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 81
  • Posts: 7783
December 6th, 2018 at 5:37:46 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

People have different buttons. Some people itís about quitting, some people about follicle count.



where is that f you button, instead of thank you ;-)
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed.
FinsRule
FinsRule
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
  • Threads: 114
  • Posts: 3304
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolfJohnnyQCrystalMath
December 6th, 2018 at 5:48:58 AM permalink
I think that comment is all about the tone. I could see it being funny or rude depending on how it was said.

  • Jump to: