100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 617
  • Posts: 4085
October 27th, 2018 at 8:16:48 AM permalink
Click here first:
https://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/1049833521324408832

Then here:
https://ggbmagazine.com/article/roll-to-win-craps/

it's seems like it's Organic Craps/Shoot-to-Win with more bells and whistles.
i'll try it once.
but if it's like the other e-Craps games where it's HIGH coin-in for tier points, I'm going to skip it.

ie:
in Atlantic city, Bally's/Harrah's Organic Craps is $200 coin-in per tier point. :(
by comparison, decent vp (9/7 double bonus) is $10 coin-in per point.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 10972
October 27th, 2018 at 10:13:53 AM permalink
I wish I saw this when I was at G2E.

Based on the descriptions here, in that magazine article, in the video linked in the tweet, as well as descriptions about it that I致e heard of two different podcasts, I am very skeptical.

Frankly, it seems like nothing more than a fancy version of ShuffleMaster痴 Rapid Craps. And that was anything BUT rapid.

And all those fancy graphics will make it harder to see the dice.


Pass....
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 5377
October 27th, 2018 at 10:31:39 AM permalink
Wow, I think that looks awesome. I'd totally play that!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1474
  • Posts: 25951
October 27th, 2018 at 4:45:24 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Frankly, it seems like nothing more than a fancy version of ShuffleMaster痴 Rapid Craps. And that was anything BUT rapid.



I think the maker of this video would agree with you.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyDB4lY8o1Y
摘xtraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. -- Carl Sagan
7craps
7craps
Joined: Jan 23, 2010
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 1977
October 27th, 2018 at 6:30:09 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Frankly, it seems like nothing more than a fancy version of ShuffleMaster痴 Rapid Craps. And that was anything BUT rapid.

Shoot to Win craps has a countdown and then 'no more bets'.
This version from the video appears to have the same.

Rapid Craps did NOT have any countdown.
It was all under the Dealer control.

this looks interesting but what kind of surface is the layout and what kind of dice?

the problem 1
Rapid Craps terminals and Shoot to Win terminals have and had is the touch screen sometimes did not place your bet correctly, for whatever reason, and now you hurry because the count down to 'no more bets' is pressuring you and you want to get your bet(s) right
and 2
all the payoffs are done at the same time (on a win) and it is hard if more than a couple of bets win as to figure did the machine pay me correctly... especially when a losing bet or two is involved.

Hope they have a solution for those events.

I would play it just to see, as most Craps Dealers these days, sure, imo,
I would not invite to my birthday party tonight.
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
longislandman
longislandman
Joined: Oct 29, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 11
October 29th, 2018 at 3:40:53 PM permalink
couple years back I went to Maryland live and played interbloks hybrid version, similar to this new version. dice was thrown on a small tub like table, betting was done on a typical interblok screen.
my main problem with this type of hybrid was that in order to throw the dice, you had to leave your terminal, and I didn't think that was such a good idea if you have a large bankroll in the machine. some of the terminals were 25 feet away from table/tub.
Im waiting on that 1 dollar flat with 100x odds to make my fortune
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2958
October 29th, 2018 at 5:11:01 PM permalink
Welcome LIman! You will find much more civility on this board, trolls are usually dispatched!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
longislandman
longislandman
Joined: Oct 29, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 11
October 29th, 2018 at 7:58:01 PM permalink
nice to be here
Im waiting on that 1 dollar flat with 100x odds to make my fortune
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1186
October 30th, 2018 at 2:24:11 PM permalink
Quote: longislandman

couple years back I went to Maryland live and played interbloks hybrid version, similar to this new version. dice was thrown on a small tub like table, betting was done on a typical interblok screen.
my main problem with this type of hybrid was that in order to throw the dice, you had to leave your terminal, and I didn't think that was such a good idea if you have a large bankroll in the machine. some of the terminals were 25 feet away from table/tub.



I would assume, based on the video I saw that each player could toss from their respective positions on the table. I知 not sure if the terminal will impede the player from leaning and tossing. I知 interested in giving this table a shot. Will see how long before we get a Vegas installation.

Table material is supposed to be 吐elt like but is actually LED based. Might be a proprietary material. Time will tell how it plays, bounces, etc.
longislandman
longislandman
Joined: Oct 29, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 11
October 30th, 2018 at 3:12:01 PM permalink
I would enjoy this game as far as betting, but its still in the dealers hands as far as pace of game and how fast they can get each player to roll.
for that reason alone, if Im heading for electronic terminal betting, Id still prefer the bubble.
don't matter much here, NYC and Long Island aren't going to see any type of table games with real dice for at least 5 or 6 years if we are lucky.
Im waiting on that 1 dollar flat with 100x odds to make my fortune
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1186
October 30th, 2018 at 3:27:49 PM permalink
Quote: longislandman

I would enjoy this game as far as betting, but its still in the dealers hands as far as pace of game and how fast they can get each player to roll.
for that reason alone, if Im heading for electronic terminal betting, Id still prefer the bubble.
don't matter much here, NYC and Long Island aren't going to see any type of table games with real dice for at least 5 or 6 years if we are lucky.


Yes. Agreed. It痴 going to be up to a dealer with a strong backbone to keep the rolling moving along at a good pace. The good news is no waiting for betting. It痴 up to the player to get his bets down within 20 seconds or no bets. The only guy who can hold up the game is the shooter. If anything, it will definitely move faster than a traditional table.
longislandman
longislandman
Joined: Oct 29, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 11
October 30th, 2018 at 3:39:10 PM permalink
what I don't understand, is why the casinos that put in these huge stadium seating for hybrid blackjack, don't include a bubble and an electronic roulette wheel at same betting terminals.
last trip to sands Bethlehem, they had hybrid blackjack with a ton of seats, and even during evening hours, few seats were occupied.
if they offered multiple games on the screens, Id think the casino would increase their take and get more butts into seats.

Im sure the cost to put a bubble in minimal once they have the stadium seating and all the terminals hooked up and active.
Im waiting on that 1 dollar flat with 100x odds to make my fortune
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 10972
October 30th, 2018 at 4:57:03 PM permalink
On my last trip to Sands, I asked a poker floor person something similar.

As you may know, they recently moved the poker room. It used to be next to the BJ stadium. I always played a little while waiting for a seat at poker.

So I asked why they don稚 put a couple BJ terminals in the new poker room. I mean, there痴 room on the side...

His reply: 展e want to, but we can稚. Regulations say all players need to be able to see the actual cards being dealt.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1186
October 30th, 2018 at 5:58:30 PM permalink
Quote: longislandman

what I don't understand, is why the casinos that put in these huge stadium seating for hybrid blackjack, don't include a bubble and an electronic roulette wheel at same betting terminals.
last trip to sands Bethlehem, they had hybrid blackjack with a ton of seats, and even during evening hours, few seats were occupied.
if they offered multiple games on the screens, Id think the casino would increase their take and get more butts into seats.

Im sure the cost to put a bubble in minimal once they have the stadium seating and all the terminals hooked up and active.


Where I play, they installed an 18 seat stadium style blackjack...and it is dead as a door nail. No action. Even on busy nights when the regular tables are filled, stadium blackjack has no one playing. I suggested they replace it with an interblock craps. This set up occupies a huge piece of real estate. My guess is that it痴 gone by years end. It was just installed too. Someone dropped the ball, IMO.
longislandman
longislandman
Joined: Oct 29, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 11
October 30th, 2018 at 6:31:40 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

On my last trip to Sands, I asked a poker floor person something similar.

As you may know, they recently moved the poker room. It used to be next to the BJ stadium. I always played a little while waiting for a seat at poker.

So I asked why they don稚 put a couple BJ terminals in the new poker room. I mean, there痴 room on the side...

His reply: 展e want to, but we can稚. Regulations say all players need to be able to see the actual cards being dealt.




and that's fine also, theres no reason they cant install a craps bubble and a roulette wheel right next to the 2 blackjack dealers. I doubt it will happen, seems they aren't having much success with the hybrid blackjack.
Mohegan sun conneticut, , I sat in a different area of the casino(I believe they call each casino section a different name/casino like foxwoods), and played hybrid bj and the dealer was in another section.

the casinos want to cut costs, cut out dealer positions, stadium seating with multiple games will do just that. not sure how popular they are with current patrons.
after the baby boomers die off , future patrons will have less trouble adapting to electronic gaming. might be the way of future casinos.
while I play the bubble much more often these days(my closest option at aqueduct), I still enjoy live games
Im waiting on that 1 dollar flat with 100x odds to make my fortune
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
Thanks for this post from:
wilbsmitt
November 1st, 2018 at 12:37:22 PM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

I would assume, based on the video I saw that each player could toss from their respective positions on the table. I知 not sure if the terminal will impede the player from leaning and tossing. I知 interested in giving this table a shot. Will see how long before we get a Vegas installation.

Table material is supposed to be 吐elt like but is actually LED based. Might be a proprietary material. Time will tell how it plays, bounces, etc.



Saw it at G2e.

You can shoot from anywhere. The one dealer is located at the box position, and they only use the stick to retrieve the dice and then input the total of the dice into the computer.

The bounce was not the same as on a real layout. A little deader.

The worst part was it was impossible to read the total on the translucent dice with the light from the LED in the layout. They will have to come up with some other way to handle that. Perhaps solid dice, but then there are game protection issues.

Bottom line, looked pretty cool, but not quite ready for prime time.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1186
November 1st, 2018 at 4:40:37 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

Saw it at G2e.

You can shoot from anywhere. The one dealer is located at the box position, and they only use the stick to retrieve the dice and then input the total of the dice into the computer.

The bounce was not the same as on a real layout. A little deader.

The worst part was it was impossible to read the total on the translucent dice with the light from the LED in the layout. They will have to come up with some other way to handle that. Perhaps solid dice, but then there are game protection issues.

Bottom line, looked pretty cool, but not quite ready for prime time.



Interesting. I saw the dice slide a bit like the surface was hard, like glass.

These games are developed with one of the main ideas being 塗ow can we eliminate employees...? Up to 4 people to operate a traditional table. A dinosaur in the profit driven world of gaming (all) in 2018.

They値l likely install this in Vegas first. I値l check it out when it arrives. It may evolve before full release.

Interesting game and IMO, an exciting new option for craps. I知 a big fan of bubble craps. No slow play, no mistakes, no cranky dealers and paid wins to the penny.
7craps
7craps
Joined: Jan 23, 2010
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 1977
November 1st, 2018 at 5:02:21 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

The worst part was it was impossible to read the total on the translucent dice with the light from the LED in the layout.

Then, how did Stick (the Dealer) see the dice roll and get the dice roll perfect?

IF the dice roll is NOT entered perfectly where all agree, we know what hits the fan, and it ain't pretty
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
November 2nd, 2018 at 9:32:18 PM permalink
Quote: 7craps

Then, how did Stick (the Dealer) see the dice roll and get the dice roll perfect?

IF the dice roll is NOT entered perfectly where all agree, we know what hits the fan, and it ain't pretty




They had to drag the dice over close to them to see the roll. When I was shooting, I could not see the result at the other end.

If a die tumbled when they brought them close, it would be a disaster! That is one reason that I am not looking to put one in at my place. We have 3 live games, and a Bubble Craps machine here.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
mustangsally
mustangsally
Joined: Mar 29, 2011
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 2463
November 3rd, 2018 at 9:12:17 AM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

They had to drag the dice over close to them to see the roll. When I was shooting, I could not see the result at the other end.

If a die tumbled when they brought them close, it would be a disaster!

I have been told many times while at a Craps table
the stick can NOT touch the dice or even a die until AFTER the roll is called out.
I do not know if that is a Nevada rule, but it feels like it would be a rule
never to be broken.

How will that pass inspection??
The company MUST know there is a real problem there.
Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 10972
November 3rd, 2018 at 11:38:09 AM permalink
Maybe the image gets dim after the roll with lights under the rail to illuminate the dice.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
November 3rd, 2018 at 4:35:57 PM permalink
Quote: mustangsally

I have been told many times while at a Craps table
the stick can NOT touch the dice or even a die until AFTER the roll is called out.
I do not know if that is a Nevada rule, but it feels like it would be a rule
never to be broken.

How will that pass inspection??
The company MUST know there is a real problem there.
Sally



I agree. That was my biggest issue with the system. It had some very nice features, but not ready for prime time.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14246
November 3rd, 2018 at 8:24:18 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

I agree. That was my biggest issue with the system. It had some very nice features, but not ready for prime time.



This is probably too techno-weird, but ..

If it were my system.

I would mold a small GPS chip in the center of each die, with a unique id. The die would have to balance from manu.

I would have a sensor bar near the box that could detect the selected dice signatures.

Once the shooter selected the particular two, the stick could slide them back near the sensor for identification, then return to the shooter.

I would co-mount a tracker sensor with a pinspot on a track bar up high for each die, tied to the sensor bar.

As the dice flew, the pinspots would track and highlight them as they came to rest.

They would be more easily seen and verified, speeding up the game.

Taking it one step further, the chip could be oriented such that it could auto-report which face was on top, by unique position, or detect fouled dice. This would save the step of manual entry, and help the integrity.

I'm just not sure if they could build fair dice with stuff embedded in the middle.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
cowboy
cowboy
Joined: Apr 22, 2013
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 181
November 6th, 2018 at 7:37:58 PM permalink
No doubt something could be done with technology but not GPS. GPS chips are receivers, not transmitters, and they can't 'see' the satellites all that well indoors. Their measurement of their altitude is the least accurate. The chip would have difficulty knowing which floor it is on, let alone which face of the die is on top.
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 617
  • Posts: 4085
November 15th, 2018 at 7:10:41 AM permalink
Quote: longislandman

couple years back I went to Maryland live and played interbloks hybrid version, similar to this new version. dice was thrown on a small tub like table, betting was done on a typical interblok screen.
my main problem with this type of hybrid was that in order to throw the dice, you had to leave your terminal, and I didn't think that was such a good idea if you have a large bankroll in the machine. some of the terminals were 25 feet away from table/tub.

after the machine says 'no more bets' I thought you cant cash out if you have bets on the table?
ie: screen locked

and you cant roll the dice if you don't have bets? (altho I dont know how the stick would know that)
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
November 15th, 2018 at 12:26:27 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

after the machine says 'no more bets' I thought you cant cash out if you have bets on the table?
ie: screen locked

and you cant roll the dice if you don't have bets? (altho I dont know how the stick would know that)



Stick has a computer terminal. They can see who has action and what it is.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies

  • Jump to: