CAD2
CAD2
Joined: Dec 18, 2017
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 25
Thanks for this post from:
cwazy
January 10th, 2018 at 5:50:04 PM permalink
Quote: cwazy

I posted this thread asking if the die had to be warped in order to do that. If banging against the glass/ceiling/table all day can cause the dice to warp, then it's quite likely that dice on these machines (when they aren't changed often enough) would develop a bias, which would make it worth running results on various machines through a Chi-Square test.

I wasn't implying anything nonsensical.



There’s a guy on another gambling site ( crapsforum(dot)com ) who writes about non-random rolls on Aruze e-craps. He hunts machines where the dice and the felt are worn so the dice has “more friction” (whatever that means).

His last post was about a test for dice control for Aruze e-craps. The ironic part was how he kept explaining that you want the dice to “land and stick” (whatever that means) and “not tumble” (still have no idea to that meaning).

Then your example shows up and provides visual proof of his theory. Those dice in the photos are pretty beat up and worn.

One thing about dice control and chi-square tests. The same guy claims there are three forms of chi-square tests for craps: total dependent which is the industry standard and two forms of composition dependent tests. The difference is the degrees of freedom due to more terms used.

Last point. You want to run the chi-square test on the shooter and not the machine.

Btw, thanks for that photo because now I believe his theory of dice landing and sticking in Aruze e-craps.
CAD2
CAD2
Joined: Dec 18, 2017
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 25
January 10th, 2018 at 5:51:44 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Those are Chinese dice.



That is a borderline “racist” comment. Enough said.

Can we please leave “Chinese” out of the discussion. Thanks.
FinsRule
FinsRule
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
  • Threads: 111
  • Posts: 2942
January 10th, 2018 at 5:52:03 PM permalink
I think that bubble craps can be beaten. I just don't have the time and energy (and location) to do it.
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 300
  • Posts: 6353
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
January 10th, 2018 at 6:00:02 PM permalink
Quote: CAD2

That is a borderline “racist” comment. Enough said.

Can we please leave “Chinese” out of the discussion. Thanks.



"Racist?"

Having a low opinion of the quality Chinese manufactured dice is "racist?"
Last edited by: MrV on Jan 10, 2018
"What, me worry?"
cwazy
cwazy
Joined: Mar 18, 2016
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 167
January 10th, 2018 at 6:04:01 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

No offense meant, mi amigo, just funnin with ya. So yeah, I think it is possible for the die to have a small-ish flat surface worn into the "edge" over time.

The die has to be made of a soft-ish material, right ? I suspect the edge is not super sharp, cuz if it were, ENTROPY would come in to play and it wouldn't sit like that for long.



I would think the material is somewhat soft. The edges are rounded, but appear to be designed specifically to avoid the dice being able to rest on them. That’s why this intrigued me - it appears that this die, either through manufacturing error or excessive use, has departed from its design specs.
Last edited by: cwazy on Jan 10, 2018
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 66
  • Posts: 11932
January 10th, 2018 at 8:23:56 PM permalink
Quote: CAD2

That is a borderline “racist” comment. Enough said.

Can we please leave “Chinese” out of the discussion. Thanks.


Chinese is a nationality, not a race. Either way, the joke went over your head and under your feet.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
CAD2
CAD2
Joined: Dec 18, 2017
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 25
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
January 10th, 2018 at 8:46:24 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Chinese is a nationality, not a race. Either way, the joke went over your head and under your feet.



It is not a “joke” unless you are a bigot. Jokes about nationalities or race or ethnicity are not funny - you can ask Jay Leno.

For too long, Americans were using “Chinese” (as a nationality or race or ethnicity) to make fun of the situation.

It’s in the American lexicon:
“Chinese” home run
“Chinese” fire drill

And if you weren’t so bigoted in your views, you should have known there are such things as Chinese Dice (try Google).
CAD2
CAD2
Joined: Dec 18, 2017
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 25
January 10th, 2018 at 8:47:54 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

"Racist?"

Having a low opinion of the quality Chinese manufactured dice is "racist?"



In English composition, we are concerned with both tenor and vehicle. Additionally, both the connotation and denotation plays a role.

There is a world of difference between “Chinese-made” dice and Chinese dice. You need to use a search engine like Google to see what Chinese dice are. Since the photo in the OP does not concern Chinese dice, logic dictates the comment was borderline racist.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 66
  • Posts: 11932
January 10th, 2018 at 8:48:56 PM permalink
Quote: CAD2

It is not a “joke” unless you are a bigot. Jokes about nationalities or race or ethnicity are not funny - you can ask Jay Leno.

For too long, Americans were using “Chinese” (as a nationality or race or ethnicity) to make fun of the situation.

It’s in the American lexicon:
“Chinese” home run
“Chinese” fire drill

And if you weren’t so bigoted in your views, you should have known there are such things as Chinese Dice (try Google).


Well then the dice are racist too! Hell for that matter, so is Pai Gow Dominoes!

P.S. I'm not racist or bigoted. I hate everyone equally. 😉
Last edited by: Ibeatyouraces on Jan 10, 2018
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
CAD2
CAD2
Joined: Dec 18, 2017
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 25
January 10th, 2018 at 8:50:25 PM permalink
Quote: cwazy

I would think the material is somewhat soft. The edges are rounded, but appear to be designed specifically to avoid the dice being able to rest on them. That’s why this intrigued me - it appears that this die, either through manufacturing error or excessive use, has departed from its design specs.



That is what the guy has posted about at length on the other website. He stated that Aruze’s failure to change the dice in a timely manner makes the game vulnerable to AP’s who has “dice control”.

  • Jump to: