Thread Rating:

odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 307
  • Posts: 8449
March 17th, 2013 at 8:05:07 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

This is a type of questionable roll



Indeed. It's my sneak-under-the-radar roll. A player can more easily get away with having it seem accidental.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5139
March 17th, 2013 at 8:14:37 AM permalink
Teddy was with me and he was annoyed with how the crews were hassling me with my shot. He may have some perspective to add on what happened in these cases. But the short answer is that if influence is occurring, you generally are going to be told about it by the people on the other side of the table.

That's not to say this is proof that I have influence (because it is absolutely not). But if you do, expect to hear about it. Whether your shot is legal or not, if they think you're influencing, you will hear about it legal shot or not.

Earlier that day, Sam at Jerry's Nugget told me "you're turning me into a believer" as I demonstrated techniques to them successfully. My bets were sufficiently small that there was no boxman watching.

But that's also confirmation "when does dice influence start" when experienced dealers are admiring what you accomplish right in front of them very deliberately and explicitly telling them everything that you're doing and they are impressed.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
March 17th, 2013 at 8:20:51 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
March 17th, 2013 at 9:08:55 AM permalink
I can guarantee you they weren't worried about you beating the game, especially for the microstakes that you play. They probably were just sick of watching your writing and setting routine and wanted to speed the game along.
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
March 17th, 2013 at 9:12:10 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh


But that's also confirmation "when does dice influence start" when experienced dealers are admiring what you accomplish right in front of them very deliberately and explicitly telling them everything that you're doing and they are impressed.



Pretty much every single "experienced dealer" I have ever had at PG tiles told me (as if he were doing me a favor) that I shouldn't bank every other hand when playing alone because it would break up my lucky streaks. You should see the reaction Chinese dealers give me when I bank after the dealer gets 2-2. It's like I committed a crime against humanity.

"Experienced dealers" are among the worst when it comes to evaluating probability because they often are uneducated and have monotonous jobs such that they easily remember outliers and random events, and then mistake those for statistical evidence.

Craps dealers have routinely told players in my games that it was a "smart move" to call off their place bets for a roll after the dice went off the table. It's a smart move to ALWAYS call off place bets, since they are negative, but this advice stems from the craps dealers' belief that the 7 comes more often after the dice hit the ground, cooling them off. Textbook example of confirmation bias.
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5139
March 17th, 2013 at 9:17:54 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

I can guarantee you they weren't worried about you beating the game, especially for the microstakes that you play. They probably were just sick of watching your writing and setting routine and wanted to speed the game along.



Are you just trying to start an argument.

Here's the truth about the specific situation I am talking about. You don't know jack shit about it! Yet you want to comment as if you do. Great guesswork, Mr. Probably.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 102
  • Posts: 3613
March 17th, 2013 at 9:18:07 AM permalink
Ahigh, so it finally happened. A crew got fed up with you, is that what you're saying?

I wondered when this would happen?

Remember when you told us how you were being observed at Wynn after announcing yourself? Why would you announce yourself? What "advantaged player" ever announces himself?

Do you think you have finally established yourself as being a PITA to local casinos? Do you think all of those "comps" you received for $20 were nothing more than a little pat on the top of the head and a wish that you would just go away and leave the game for the big boys to play? (Nah... that's too cruel. Maybe you really did earn the $20 comps with your little action.)
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5139
March 17th, 2013 at 9:22:16 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Ahigh, so it finally happened. A crew got fed up with you, is that what you're saying?

I wondered when this would happen?

Remember when you told us how you were being observed at Wynn after announcing yourself? Why would you announce yourself? What "advantaged player" ever announces himself?

Do you think you have finally established yourself as being a PITA to local casinos? Do you think all of those "comps" you received for $20 were nothing more than a little pat on the top of the head and a wish that you would just go away and leave the game for the big boys to play? (Nah... that's too cruel. Maybe you really did earn the $20 comps with your little action.)



I definitely don't get the attention you get at the casino, Alan. It must be nice to be you! Congratulations! But trust me, I'm not looking up to you as a role model.

Just so you know, I just motorboated my face into my woman's boobs. She loved it!

PITA. I had to look that up. When did you learn about that acronym?

The crew at the Gold Coast STILL absolutely love me. They were just doing their job.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 102
  • Posts: 3613
March 17th, 2013 at 9:28:06 AM permalink
Come on Ahigh, I'm serious here. Do you think the casinos have now marked you as a problem? You announce that you are doing your research. You even call the WYNN in advance and announce what you will be doing. You discuss bias and setting and your superior shooting with the table crews. They start writing you comps seemingly to get you away from the table. Now a casino talks about banning you!

Are you a marked man? Please, let us know.
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
March 17th, 2013 at 9:29:04 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh



Just so you know, I just motorboated my face into my woman's boobs. She loved it!



One thing's for sure, she appreciated a break from dishwashing duty.

  • Jump to: