Poll

10 votes (47.61%)
11 votes (52.38%)

21 members have voted

aahigh
aahigh
  • Threads: 3
August 27th, 2012 at 3:31:55 PM permalink
I haven't received my positive feedback after posting to this forum, which is a big reason why I started my own forum. There just wasn't a place for me to go so I made my own place.

So I come back and make a few posts, and granted this has happened on other boards too, and everybody just jumps on my back and attacks me.

I am more than happy to just disappear. I was just wondering if left to a vote you guys want me gone? I don't mind just leaving and never coming back.

But I also think it would be great if I had a place on here and people could appreciate the things that I have to offer.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
August 27th, 2012 at 3:38:41 PM permalink
Quote: aahigh

I haven't received my positive feedback after posting to this forum, which is a big reason why I started my own forum. There just wasn't a place for me to go so I made my own place.

So I come back and make a few posts, and granted this has happened on other boards too, and everybody just jumps on my back and attacks me.

I am more than happy to just disappear. I was just wondering if left to a vote you guys want me gone? I don't mind just leaving and never coming back.

But I also think it would be great if I had a place on here and people could appreciate the things that I have to offer.

I voted yes as long as you're not posting under two names.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
guido111
guido111
  • Threads: 10
August 27th, 2012 at 3:40:16 PM permalink

Hey, you do have a place on here. The Wizard even gives all members a FREE Blog.
My suggestion is to start using it.

No one can please everyone all the time.

"You see, ya can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself"
yes, there is music that goes with that line

IMO, One can never get enough great comedy.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 27th, 2012 at 3:47:05 PM permalink
So ahigh, who has been suspended, and aahigh, are the
same person? Why? Why does he have 2 names?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
August 27th, 2012 at 3:47:48 PM permalink
" I haven't received my positive feedback after posting to this forum"

All feedback is positive. means somebody read what you wrote and cared enough to reply.
aahigh
aahigh
August 27th, 2012 at 3:52:58 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

So ahigh, who has been suspended, and aahigh, are the
same person? Why? Why does he have 2 names?

I already had two accounts because I didn't realize I had one when I created the second one.

But when I was suspended for violating the rules, and people continued to attack me while I was not allowed to post, I didn't see any rules about posting from the second account which had already been created, and I saw that it wasn't about being fair but following the rules around here (you can make people look bad, you just can't criticize them, apparently).

So everybody makes a sport out of doing bad things without breaking the rules, and I figured if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

I am sure there will soon be a rule about having two accounts and posting from the other one after you get suspended.

But I am also sure that people take advantage of trolling to get people to break the rules, then make people look bad while they can't even defend themselves.

I'm the new guy, so as far as people get away with bashing other people, I'm going to lose as I have no experience.
aahigh
aahigh
August 27th, 2012 at 3:54:13 PM permalink
I also saw no rule about criticizing the forum, so hopefully my criticism about how everybody bashes everybody for sport around here isn't against the rules.
aahigh
aahigh
August 27th, 2012 at 3:55:58 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

" I haven't received my positive feedback after posting to this forum"

All feedback is positive. means somebody read what you wrote and cared enough to reply.

Thanks, I do appreciate your perspective, and it is a valid one.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 27th, 2012 at 3:56:52 PM permalink

I also saw no rule about criticizing the forum, so hopefully my criticism about how everybody bashes everybody for sport around here isn't against the rules.

Where is the 'bashing everybody for sport' at,
I missed it.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 27th, 2012 at 3:58:33 PM permalink
I didn't vote yes or no...it is up to you.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 27th, 2012 at 4:04:01 PM permalink

I already had two accounts because I didn't realize I had one when I created the second one.

You created ahigh in May of 10, then created aahigh in Dec 10,
Why didn't you choose ahigh the second time? It would have
said the name was taken and you would have realized you
already had a name. Choosing aahigh doesn't make sense.
Its like you knew you had a name already and chose to have
two names.
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
August 27th, 2012 at 4:19:53 PM permalink
When I saw your other posts it seemed your entire motivation was to come here and try to get people to sign up for your forum. IIRC you bumped an old thread to do it. Most people would consider that spam. If you are not going to use the forum for self promotion then I bet most people would welcome you here.
aahigh
aahigh
August 27th, 2012 at 4:24:22 PM permalink

You created ahigh in May of 10, then created aahigh in Dec 10,
Why didn't you choose ahigh the second time? It would have
said the name was taken and you would have realized you
already had a name. Choosing aahigh doesn't make sense.
Its like you knew you had a name already and chose to have
two names.

I honestly don't remember. I am aahigh on procraps and on my board I am ahigh. I use both and I expect I got confused.

I don't remember creating an account so that I could keep posting, but it's conceivable that I did that back then. I just don't know, and I honestly don't remember.

Anybody want to dig into my posts when I created the most recent account and see if I got suspended?
aahigh
aahigh
August 27th, 2012 at 4:29:10 PM permalink
Quote: Pokeraddict

When I saw your other posts it seemed your entire motivation was to come here and try to get people to sign up for your forum. IIRC you bumped an old thread to do it. Most people would consider that spam. If you are not going to use the forum for self promotion then I bet most people would welcome you here.

I have had that problem in other forums too. As far as self-promotion, if I have to choose denigration versus promotion I'm going to go promotion every time as I think anyone would.

But it's not a business. I do this for fun.

I absolutely have nothing to gain financially by anything that I am doing online. And that's the end of that.

I do sell a couple of things on E-bay, but I will never turn any kind of profit. It's like garage sale online and more about getting rid of crap.

I made 20 sticks of dice and they cost me $30 a stick. Some people think that is evidence I'm profiting, but seriously?

I have done some other things, but I can absolutely assure you that I'm not profiting in any way shape or form.

I get that a lot though. People thinking I'm making money from posting or promoting my website.

I do this out of generosity, not greed. And that's the absolute truth. And that's also why I take it so personally when people criticize my efforts.
aahigh
aahigh
August 27th, 2012 at 4:34:05 PM permalink
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251124606367?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649#ht_500wt_1157

Here's a stick of those dice I sold at a $15 loss recently.

Promoting my website and who I am, for sure.

But I'm not making any money at this. If anything I am losing my valuable time doing things I like doing instead of doing real work that pays way more than selling sticks of dice on the internet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 27th, 2012 at 4:44:40 PM permalink
Technically you should be banned permanently for having two accounts, especially when you are using the second one while the first one is suspended. That will be up to the Wiz to decide. I do not think that you 'need to leave'. I just think you need to have a much thicker skin. There are a lot of REALLY bright mathematicians here, and you can imagine how tiresome it must get for them to explain what is to them a simple concept and then to have a far less knowledgable person try and explain how they are wrong... Just read some of the threads in the 'betting system' section and you'll get my drift.
aahigh
aahigh
August 27th, 2012 at 4:49:49 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Technically you should be banned permanently for having two accounts, especially when you are using the second one while the first one is suspended. That will be up to the Wiz to decide. I do not think that you 'need to leave'. I just think you need to have a much thicker skin. There are a lot of REALLY bright mathematicians here, and you can imagine how tiresome it must get for them to explain what is to them a simple concept and then to have a far less knowledgable person try and explain how they are wrong... Just read some of the threads in the 'betting system' section and you'll get my drift.

I would be totally fine with that. And I'm not going to be surprised if that is what happens because I think that the rules are being abused by many trolls on here who just dance around the rules still accomplishing their goals of starting conflicts with absolutely no interest in helping anyone at all.

A big reason I left is because, in general, there was WAY too much arrogance on here. Even somebody who is right all the time isn't necessarily someone that you want to hang out with.

And I enjoy my friends and my company.

And I don't enjoy getting attacked over a bunch of trivial nonsense.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
August 27th, 2012 at 4:52:49 PM permalink
Follow your own heart.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 27th, 2012 at 5:04:15 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Technically you should be banned permanently for having two accounts, especially when you are using the second one while the first one is suspended.

I concur. That is rubbing it into the Wizard's face, and I would have to imagine you know it.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 27th, 2012 at 5:09:52 PM permalink
Oops, now aa is gone too. Thats good for him,
I think the 'arrogance' here was getting to him
again..
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
August 27th, 2012 at 6:53:56 PM permalink

Oops, now aa is gone too. Thats good for him,
I think the 'arrogance' here was getting to him
again..

So sad. He was like a mentor to me.
A falling knife has no handle.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
August 27th, 2012 at 11:07:32 PM permalink
Not sad.
he will be back
AAAhigh
next time.

He has some great stuff. Good photos and charts.

Even made me laugh.
Almost as good as watching South Park.
It is back on
later
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
  • Jump to: