WangSanJose
WangSanJose
Joined: May 2, 2012
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 109
May 30th, 2012 at 6:05:38 AM permalink
I saw some casinos offer this side bet. It pays 3 to 1 for suited hand.
I've never spent my time on studying this. But I think if the penetration is good, it should be very profitable to count it.

Does any one count for this bet before?
Another question, can I bet big amount for side bet? For instance, bet 5 dollars for original blackjack play, and bet 100 for the Royal Match side bet?
Great
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7030
May 30th, 2012 at 7:17:27 AM permalink
Quote: WangSanJose

I saw some casinos offer this side bet. It pays 3 to 1 for suited hand.
I've never spent my time on studying this. But I think if the penetration is good, it should be very profitable to count it.

Does any one count for this bet before?
Another question, can I bet big amount for side bet? For instance, bet 5 dollars for original blackjack play, and bet 100 for the Royal Match side bet?



I've never seen a casino where your bet on the side bet can exceed your bet on the base hand. It's definitely countable, but you also have a 3.8% house edge to overcome. And only 2 or 3 hands per deck in a single deck game.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
May 30th, 2012 at 8:18:59 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
Joined: May 1, 2012
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 770
May 30th, 2012 at 9:08:41 AM permalink
Where I work it's only 2.5:1 for a simple match, and I believe you can bet up to $50 regardless of the amount of the contract bet.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7030
May 30th, 2012 at 9:22:25 AM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

Where I work it's only 2.5:1 for a simple match, and I believe you can bet up to $50 regardless of the amount of the contract bet.



Usually it's 2.5:1 on a multi-deck game, and 3:1 in single deck. the royal match is 25:1 in multi-deck and 10:1 in single deck.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
May 30th, 2012 at 10:04:50 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I've never seen a casino where your bet on the side bet can exceed your bet on the base hand. It's definitely countable, but you also have a 3.8% house edge to overcome. And only 2 or 3 hands per deck in a single deck game.

While doing my Santa Fe Station review, I somehow was able to convince them to let me play only the sidebet on UTH and not the base game. (I saw another guy doing it). Of course that's what I want to play since it only has a house edge of 1.9% versus the 2.2% of the base game. If I recall I hit a flush and a straight and finished up $5. Only place I've ever been allowed to do that.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
pacomartin
pacomartin
Joined: Jan 14, 2010
  • Threads: 649
  • Posts: 7895
May 30th, 2012 at 10:07:25 AM permalink
Quote: WangSanJose

I saw some casinos offer this side bet. It pays 3 to 1 for suited hand.
I've never spent my time on studying this. But I think if the penetration is good, it should be very profitable to count it.

Does any one count for this bet before?
Another question, can I bet big amount for side bet? For instance, bet 5 dollars for original blackjack play, and bet 100 for the Royal Match side bet?



I think it depends on the casino. I have seen people regularly put huge sums of money on the side bet at El Cortez while only betting a nominal amount on the main game.

A previous opinion on counting the RM
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
Joined: May 5, 2010
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 1573
May 30th, 2012 at 10:15:34 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I've never seen a casino where your bet on the side bet can exceed your bet on the base hand. It's definitely countable, but you also have a 3.8% house edge to overcome. And only 2 or 3 hands per deck in a single deck game.



Most of the Kansas City casinos (save Argosy) allow side bet wagers to be more than the base bet. This is common on the 21+3 side bet, and at Ameristar KC, not only will you see people bet more on the 3-card, they are betting on everybody's hands. When they eliminated the loss limits, for about 3 weeks it was a free-for-all on the chips going around.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
Flynn
Flynn
Joined: Aug 18, 2011
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 95
May 30th, 2012 at 10:24:57 AM permalink
In Arnold Snyders Big Book of Blackjack he presents a counting method for RM. Basically you keep track of the balance between the suits in the deck and when there are a lot of cards of one suit left in the deck the player has the advantage on the RM bet. These advantages reach from 1% to a whopping 20%. But these situations appear rarely. So do not expect to make a living from this bet. I know that the max bet for RM at the El Cortez is $25.

Good Luck
My favorite bet: Double Down!
WangSanJose
WangSanJose
Joined: May 2, 2012
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 109
May 30th, 2012 at 5:43:13 PM permalink
I saw this side bet @ El Cortez~
I think if I can bet big amount, I would wong in for this bet. But if I can only bet as high as my base bet, it's not worth to count it.
Since using Hi-Lo to keep tracking become very comfortable for lots of people, I think some people still have energy to count for RM.
Another thing is, I didn't see RM bet at any strip casino. So I assume it's hard to make big money.
Great

  • Jump to: