dwm
dwm
  • Threads: 33
September 8th, 2011 at 9:14:53 AM permalink
And no counting involved. Yes, have returned to BJ after a bad recent losing spell at the craps table.
These 3 formed the basis of my latest BJ betting scheme. Last night was a good $310 winner.
1. More likely to lose the next hand after a winning hand.
2. More likely to lose the next hand after a push(tie).
3. More likely to win the next hand after a losing hand.

So hear is my simple betting scheme playing double deck with good rules.
After every shuffle start with a $15 bet. After a win or push bet $15 on the next hand. After a loss bet $30 on the next hand. Only exception is if the dealer gets a BJ, stay with the min $15 bet on the next hand.

Could this be the road to winning again, we shall see...
Flynn
Flynn
  • Threads: 12
September 8th, 2011 at 10:00:10 AM permalink
This is a variation on the Martingale betting system.

You will probably make profits in the short run but loose in the long run. And besides, the chances of loosing and winning are every hand the same (not considering card counting). You're chances of winning do not increase after a loosing hand. That misconception is known as "the gamblers fallacy".
My favorite bet: Double Down!
matilda
matilda
  • Threads: 3
September 8th, 2011 at 10:00:13 AM permalink
Quote: dwm

And no counting involved. Yes, have returned to BJ after a bad recent losing spell at the craps table.
These 3 formed the basis of my latest BJ betting scheme. Last night was a good $310 winner.

After every shuffle start with a $15 bet. After a win or push bet $15 on the next hand. After a loss bet $30 on the next hand. Only exception is if the dealer gets a BJ, stay with the min $15 bet on the next hand.

Go for it---get rich. We all are very happy for you.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
September 8th, 2011 at 10:16:13 AM permalink
This definition seems appropriate : 4. a visionary or unrealizable project
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
September 8th, 2011 at 10:17:39 AM permalink

Don't listen to the nay-sayers, you have discovered the secret of gambling! You will be able to make a living off of this that will support you for the rest of your life! (I hope that you don't have any dependents)

I can't believe that this has never been thought of before! It's so simple, even I can do it.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
SONBP2
SONBP2
  • Threads: 88
September 8th, 2011 at 10:37:54 AM permalink
I think your strategy will work about as good as my method:

Hand 1: Bet $15
Hand 2: Bet $20
Hand 3: Bet $25
Hand 4: Bet $30
Hand 5: (Start Over) Bet $15

*Each Hand is separate doesn't matter whether you win, lose, or push.
*Play Basic Strategy consistent with whatever the WoV recommends for the type of game you are playing.
*Buy in with $100, play till you get bored. Bored=roughly an hour.
*Made $60 on Sunday!
dwm
dwm
September 8th, 2011 at 11:01:24 AM permalink
Each hand is separate in craps, each hand is not separate with bj, I thought the experts here should know that already. The cards remaining is what counts and there usually will be more high cards remaining on a loss, more low cards on wins or pushes. The advantage to my scheme is very small compared to flat betting, but I will take it. In double deck with good rules, you just need a slight improvement.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 8th, 2011 at 11:08:14 AM permalink
So your scheme is to loose less then? The advantage is infinitesimal when compared to the overall HE in BJ. Why not walkaround charting tables or looking for cold dealers. You lose even less per hours spent as John Patrick proved.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
September 8th, 2011 at 11:22:34 AM permalink

The cards remaining is what counts and there usually will be more high cards remaining on a loss, more low cards on wins or pushes.

Are you sure? What makes you think this is true?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
dwm
dwm
September 8th, 2011 at 12:40:27 PM permalink
Buzz: learn to spell lose correctly, loose means not tight.
These 3 principles come from the book No Need to Count by L. Dubey. Arnold Snyder talks about it at his website under the bj betting systems. He was not the first to discover the relationship as to wins, lose, push and as far back as 1978 Dr Gwynn and Dr. Seri discovered it via extensive computer simulations. Arnold goes on to state that these situational facts are true and can be proven and a player that raises his bet after the positive indicator and lowers after the negative indicator will do better overall than the flat bettor.

So: increase your bet after a loss, lower your bet after a win or push, play basic strategy on a good double deck rules game, and you will do quite well most days. If you have a better way, then do it and let us know, the more info the better.
ikilledjerrylogan
ikilledjerrylogan
  • Threads: 2
September 8th, 2011 at 12:51:02 PM permalink
Why only 15 dollar bets? You should be black chip betting becoming a millionaire. You're wasting time/money on here, get to those BJ tables.
dwm
dwm
September 8th, 2011 at 1:02:37 PM permalink
Logan: I will be working my way slowly up the ladder if it continues doing as well but will probably stop at the $25 level. Now using a 40 bet bankroll of the small bet which is 20x the big bet. So if playing with $25 units for $25 low bet to $50 big bet, need a $1000 day bankroll. A $600 day bankroll for $15 low bet and $30 high bet is enough for now. Remember this is not a get rich scheme so remember the worse can always happen and you may not get to be a millionaire overnight as you may already have figured out by now.
My scheme just helps slightly in the overall results, but any help can positively affect the net results.
SONBP2
SONBP2
September 8th, 2011 at 1:11:17 PM permalink

If the dealer wins 5 or even 10 hands in a row keep betting $30?

Just wondering, happens to me every time I play blackjack.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
September 8th, 2011 at 1:19:01 PM permalink

So: increase your bet after a loss, lower your bet after a win or push, play basic strategy on a good double deck rules game, and you will do quite well most days. If you have a better way, then do it and let us know, the more info the better.

I'm not sure that I have a better way (other than actually counting), but I do have a problem with the phrase "you will do quite well most days." This style of play does not overcome the house edge, so your average expectation is still a loss. Smaller losses are great, but I wouldn't call them "do(ing) quite well."
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
September 8th, 2011 at 1:27:14 PM permalink
There exists a small negative correlation between consecutive blackjack hands, verified by both Griffin & Wong. Progression betting to take advantage of this will have a very small impact on the house edge, but will not turn the game +EV.

See here for a discussion.
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
September 8th, 2011 at 1:32:09 PM permalink

The only way to "beat" blackjack is to wager more when you have the edge, and less when you don't. Your method supposes that there is a correlation between the result of the last hand and the edge on the next hand. Even if that correlation exists (and I'm not saying that it does), then it is necessarily a weaker correlation than one derived via counting cards in a more traditional fashion. In essense, you *are* counting -- just not very effectively.

If you can keep track of wins and losses, you can probably keep track of aces and fives. Try the Wizard Count.

Bonus question: what is the SCORE of "double your bet after a loss, halve your bet after a win or push" on a standard Las Vegas game?

Edit: after reading the above posts that showed up while I was typing this up, there is apparently a very minor correlation -- just not one strong enough to profit from by itself.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 8th, 2011 at 1:41:48 PM permalink
Exactly what i said. Only I made a typo with the word lose. Which is exactly what he is determined to do, despite any advice to the contrary.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
September 8th, 2011 at 2:17:43 PM permalink
If you don't want to flat bet, and you can't or won't count, the OP's system is as good as any other. Except perhasp the one that says "double the bet when the pit boss is rating"
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
kp
kp
  • Threads: 7
September 8th, 2011 at 3:00:40 PM permalink

after a bad recent losing spell at the craps table...here is my simple betting scheme playing double deck

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.
matilda
matilda
  • Threads: 3
September 8th, 2011 at 3:34:42 PM permalink
Quote: kp

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.
- James Oliver Rigney, Jr. October 17, 1948–September 16, 2007.

Footnotes would be nice.
dwm
dwm
September 8th, 2011 at 9:22:09 PM permalink
I will continue with this betting scheme at the $15 low bet $30 high bet level with $600 day session bankroll, so far the winning is easy but have just played it for 3 day sessions, about 15 hrs total. There will be a losing day sooner or later, hopefully later. With many good double deck games available here in Mississippi, at least I have a fighting chance along with my betting scheme's help even if it is a small enhancement.

Son: you will not be losing that many large bet hands in double deck as not that many hands between shuffles and I always play with at least 2-3 other players.

Footnote: A lot of silly people here, example the above 3 posts.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 8th, 2011 at 10:13:42 PM permalink
None sillier than the one who posted this

Brand NEW BJ Betting Scheme based on some proven theories.
waltomeal
waltomeal
  • Threads: 7
September 8th, 2011 at 11:04:23 PM permalink
I have no real opinion (I'm a craps player)...

But, some relevant numerical analysis:
http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/Easy_OPP_Card_Counting_System.htm
Maybe it's helpful. Maybe it's not. Willie don't care.
Old enough to repaint. Young enough to sell.
AngelinFlames
AngelinFlames
  • Threads: 1
September 9th, 2011 at 6:12:33 AM permalink
Just tried the $30 after a loss and $15 after the win or push (online game, not real cash). You never saw such a string of 15s and 16s in your life, and I depleted my (fake) bankroll in short order. After about your 6th loss in a row, do coninue on at the $30 level, go back to minumum bet at some point till things level out, or walk away from the table and try again later when you feel luckier?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
September 9th, 2011 at 7:00:57 AM permalink
Quote: AngelinFlames

Just tried the $30 after a loss and $15 after the win or push (online game, not real cash). You never saw such a string of 15s and 16s in your life, and I depleted my (fake) bankroll in short order. After about your 6th loss in a row, do coninue on at the $30 level, go back to minumum bet at some point till things level out, or walk away from the table and try again later when you feel luckier?

(note: I am not an advocate of this system...)

In a double-deck game, which is what this system is designed for, you should never be able to see as many hands as you're describing above. Start each new shuffle with a $15 bet, and then follow the rules from there...
dwm
dwm
September 9th, 2011 at 9:23:45 AM permalink
Let's go over my scheme again:
1. Must have the proper bankroll(very important) which is 40x your small bet. So if playing as I am at $15 small bet and $30 large bet, need $600 session bankroll which gives me 40x my small bet and 20x my large bet.

2.At the start of every shoe(after the shuffle) start at the minimum $15 bet. After a win or push the next bet is $15. After a loss the next bet is $30.
Only exception is if a dealer gets a bj then keep at $15 bet for the next hand.

3. Play this on double deck with good rules. Have not tried it on 6 decks yet but more exposure for consecutive losses on 6 decks so more risk.
Double deck games are better.

Do NOT play my scheme if scared, unsure, confused, and/or doubtful. So some of the above posters are forever banned from playing my scheme.
Also, system is the wrong word here, there is no winning system as we all know, the word scheme is a better word for gambling.
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
September 9th, 2011 at 10:27:04 AM permalink
Rather than playing a win/loss format to gauge your next bet you may be slightly better off in a Double Deck game if you used the number of cards to determine your next bet size. For example,

You and dealer use 4,5 or 6 cards for the first hand (total between you) - bet $15
Use 7 or 8 cards - bet $30
Use 9 or more cards - bet $60

You could also carry it over for the next 1 or 2 hands by remembering a very simple number i.e. start with 0 and add 1 for each card that comes out. Double up after:-

1st hand - if you have 7 or more (9 = $60 bet)
2nd hand - if you have 14 or more (18 = $60 bet)
3rd hand - if you have 21 or more (27 = $60 bet) ... ... ... otherwise bet $15
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 9th, 2011 at 10:34:40 AM permalink
A much better plan. Why raise bet if you had 2 card 19 and dealer had 2 card 20? Or decrease because you won on 4 card 13 and dealers beat you with 5 card seventeen?
PaPeRiNo29
PaPeRiNo29
  • Threads: 1
September 10th, 2011 at 3:12:38 AM permalink
This is a "progressive betting strategy".

On the long run, you're going to loose more than you'll win. This betting system has to be avoided. After a loss, you play double your initial bet to get back the lost money. What if you loose that hand too? You'll have to bet 60, 120, 240...There are times where you can loose 4-5-6-7 hands after the other. There will be hands where you'll have to double and probably won't have enough to do so and that's where all the work you did will be null but just loses.

You should do a card counting and apply the basic rules strategy. That's the best way of eventually doing money...Remember that Blackjack stays a gambling game. Just to give you an example, yesterday I played and lost 500$ from 1250$ just by playing 5 hands each 10$ and doubling when you have to. What if I applied your system? I would be in minus :).

Good luck
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 10th, 2011 at 5:24:08 AM permalink
Just for interest, what do you do if you split? If you lose both? If you win both? If you double on one and lose, but win on the other? Etc...
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
September 10th, 2011 at 6:21:15 AM permalink
I can't believe we have people still commenting. I'm not sure if I'm proud of anyone or not. Pretty much this changes the house edge on the game from .36% to .35% or something close to that. Like others have said, there are better ways to cut your edge by that amount.
Midtown
Midtown
  • Threads: 0
September 10th, 2011 at 8:29:01 AM permalink
It's human nature. Everyone wants to try something that will give them an advantage when gambling. I just think that betting more when you're losing is not a good strategy. My system is bet more when you're winning and try to quit winners after a winning streak. Betting systems will never die.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 10th, 2011 at 11:05:02 AM permalink
Nor will fools
dwm
dwm
September 10th, 2011 at 11:45:15 AM permalink
This foolish betting scheme won another $400 last night, just betting $15 small bet after a win or push, then $30 big bet after a loss. Probably just a lucky winning streak, but better not change when the net results have been so good. I did have one bad shoe where I loss about 4 consecutive big hands and a double down loss to boot, but that is a rarity..

Still playing double deck with good rules, starting the new shoe with $15 min bet, then $15 bet after a win or push, $30 bet after a loss. My maximum bet is always double my small bet, never more. $600 session bankroll. The most in the negative any one session thusfar has been less than half my session bankroll. Always basic strategy is a given.
Will be moving up to $25 small bet with $50 large bet with $1000 session bankroll soon, perhaps tonight.
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
September 10th, 2011 at 2:34:45 PM permalink

This foolish betting scheme won another $400 last night, just betting $15 small bet after a win or push, then $30 big bet after a loss. Probably just a lucky winning streak, but better not change when the net results have been so good. I did have one bad shoe where I loss about 4 consecutive big hands and a double down loss to boot, but that is a rarity..

Still playing double deck with good rules, starting the new shoe with $15 min bet, then $15 bet after a win or push, $30 bet after a loss. My maximum bet is always double my small bet, never more. $600 session bankroll. The most in the negative any one session thusfar has been less than half my session bankroll. Always basic strategy is a given.
Will be moving up to $25 small bet with $50 large bet with $1000 session bankroll soon, perhaps tonight.

In a previous post, you mentioned that Arnold Snyder talked about this system. I believe he said that you couldn't make money using it.

I am happy for your wins over this very small sample size but you are courting inevitable disaster. If the system doesn't get you, the $50 bets with a much too small bankroll will. It will probably be a combination of both.
DonPedro
DonPedro
  • Threads: 92
September 10th, 2011 at 2:39:30 PM permalink
where are the 2D S17 games, good rules, w/ a 15 min. ????

Thats usuallya 100 min. game
" If I had the money and the drinking capacity, I'd probably live at a blackjak table and let my life go to hell." Don Pedro
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
September 10th, 2011 at 2:51:19 PM permalink
Sigh.

This is a betting scheme that does not work. The house advantage is just that. It's very easy to win in blackjack a few sessions in a row. With a .5% HA, your variance can easily get you into winning sessions several times in a row. You're not doing anything special.

That said, good luck.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 10th, 2011 at 7:08:03 PM permalink
Don't forget to stop back and tell us when you go broke. It's only fair!
dwm
dwm
September 11th, 2011 at 11:47:18 AM permalink
Double deck games with good rules available in Vicksburg, Ms. Many low mins double deck games here and 3 casinos have $10 to $15 min (Ameristar,Diamond Jacks, Riverwalk,) and one casino has even $5 min(Rainbow) double deck. Much better for pure players here than Vegas, Atlantic City, Lake Tahoe, etc.

Last night had my first loss, played two sessions, first session was a $100 win, second session was a $580 loss when everything went bad. Anyway showing a nice overall net profit with this scheme, but will change to my prior NO RETREAT betting scheme as upping bets on wins is more to my liking too as a prior poster mentioned.

The NO RETREAT scheme goes like this: Start the new shoe with $15 min, then up one unit on each win and if get to $30 then no furthur increase. Keep going up one unit on each win and no regressions. Example: $15 first bet, lose that so $15 next bet, win next bet so next bet goes to $20, win that so next bet goes to $25, lose that so next bet stays at $25, etc. Simply go up one unit after every win and stop at double the starting bet. $600 session bankroll. I averaged about a $60 net win per session over 40 day sessions with this one and last night it would have done much better.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
September 11th, 2011 at 12:01:43 PM permalink
It seems like you realize you are not playing a winning game. So the only way to lose less would be to not play as much. Yet you seem to gamble very often. You may want to step back and take a break for a while, or learn card counting.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
November 24th, 2011 at 3:14:14 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
  • Jump to: