PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 19
February 12th, 2018 at 7:44:13 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

According to my friend you guys have a bad rep. I know you do not personally fall into that category.

Thatís weird Iíve never heard that before. 15% is standard in Canada. Slightly lower because our servers make more per hour.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
RS
RS
  • Threads: 59
Thanks for this post from:
PokerGrinder
February 12th, 2018 at 8:28:32 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Also since when are Canadians bad tippers? We have the same tipping standards in Canada as the USA.

IIRC, Monopoly "Canadian" money is worthless.

What's 15% of 0?

:)
нет сговор. нет непроходимость. полный освобождение от ответственности.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 95
February 12th, 2018 at 8:58:21 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

In regards to tipping for valet, do you all tip when dropping off AND receiving? Or just receive?

Both. Usually $2 each way.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 95
February 12th, 2018 at 9:11:10 PM permalink

Thatís weird Iíve never heard that before. 15% is standard in Canada. Slightly lower because our servers make more per hour.

Worked several years waiting table.here and there in Minnesota. Canadian stinginess was considered standard. Talking 30+ years ago, so maybe things have changed. Most of my relatives are Canadian : I did not see it from them. My cousin was a huge overtipper, in fact.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 12th, 2018 at 9:38:07 PM permalink
When I used to slang pies (delivering pizza), Indians would tip the worst, followed by the Coast Guard. Usually the Indians were staying at an airport motel for business or something. Coast Guard it's probably because I couldn't go into the coast guarding area but had to wait for them outside, which looked like quite a walk.

Fun Fact: enlisted military people tipped the most, especially if they lived in the barracks.

While getting nothing or very little sucked, overall the average tip per customer was a decent amount, especially for the amount of work involved, which was driving to their location to drop off the pizza. My lowest non zero tip was like 30 cents or so, and my biggest was like $10 for a $20 order. I averaged about $16 per hour in tips alone. Turns out once you know the addresses of all the regulars you can get there quite fast and treating people like an normal person you can get above average tips.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
RS
February 12th, 2018 at 11:12:15 PM permalink
Quote: RS

IIRC, Monopoly "Canadian" money is worthless.

What's 15% of 0?

:)

Mods RS is once again attacking my nationality! When does it stop? Is he not held to the suspension rules? Does he get some special treatment? Seriously what the hell?
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
RS
RS
  • Threads: 59
onenickelmiracle
February 12th, 2018 at 11:18:03 PM permalink

Mods RS is once again attacking my nationality! When does it stop? Is he not held to the suspension rules? Does he get some special treatment? Seriously what the hell?

You trynna get me suspended. :(

BTW I was attacking the currency, not your nationality.
нет сговор. нет непроходимость. полный освобождение от ответственности.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
February 12th, 2018 at 11:43:36 PM permalink
I'm surprised that no one showed any sympathy for her for getting fired just for ranting on social media about not getting a tip on a $735 food order. That would suck majorly if you didn't get a tip on a $735 food order and I feel so bad for her for getting fired for that which was not even a big deal. She seemed like she was letting steam off like many waiters and waitresses do when they don't get tipped and they still have their jobs.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
February 13th, 2018 at 12:41:28 AM permalink

Haha RS when I sent that I thought there was a chance a mod wouldnít get my sarcasm lol. But I was on a plane to northern Thailand and had no data after take off. Would have been funnier if your name was in red when I landed.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
February 13th, 2018 at 12:45:37 AM permalink

Haha RS when I sent that I thought there was a chance a mod wouldnít get my sarcasm lol. But I was on a plane to northern Thailand and had no data after take off. Would have been funnier if your name was in red when I landed.

I am assuming that you would have went up to bat for RS if his name was in red after you landed. :) Something like, "Mods, I was just being sarcastic! Unban RS!" :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D

• Jump to: