drjohnny
drjohnny
  • Threads: 32
July 1st, 2014 at 6:05:17 PM permalink
I came across a Hi-Lo page that compared the traditional MIT betting strategy, an improved MIT strategy, and guerrilla betting.

I was surprised how much more simple and effective guerrilla betting was.

Would I get backed off if I played at a $100 table with other players betting hundreds, flat bet the minimum only when the true count was at least +2, and sit out whenever the count dropped below that? LOL

If that wouldn't work, would back counting and then covertly signalling a partner to come in to play this system work any better?
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
July 1st, 2014 at 7:22:50 PM permalink
Yes, you would get backed off quickly. No, they won't let you back count $100 tables.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
July 7th, 2014 at 6:49:16 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Yes, you would get backed off quickly. No, they won't let you back count $100 tables.

Of course you can back count $100 tables.

Sitting out all negative hands is another thing. That would be tough to pull off.

You have to understand that high rollers are EXTREMELY erratic. Honestly I think that you can jump your bets around like crazy at a black chip table because so many other people do it.

Jumping between $5 and $100 at a red chip table looks strange. It just looks out of place. Jumping between $100 and $2000 is something that I have seen many, many times. It's commonplace.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
July 7th, 2014 at 7:19:07 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Sitting out all negative hands is another thing. That would be tough to pull off.

You have to understand that high rollers are EXTREMELY erratic. Honestly I think that you can jump your bets around like crazy at a black chip table because so many other people do it.

Jumping between $5 and $100 at a red chip table looks strange. It just looks out of place. Jumping between $100 and $2000 is something that I have seen many, many times. It's commonplace.

If the $100 table allows mid-shoe entry, you can back-count it. And then you can sit and play. If you do it multiple times in the same evening, it'll be noticed. And, if you stand there and then all of a sudden someone else is coming to play, you'll certainly get heat.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
July 7th, 2014 at 7:23:56 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Well yeah you can do it once. But I don't think that's what he meant.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
July 7th, 2014 at 7:32:07 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

If the $100 table allows mid-shoe entry, you can back-count it. And then you can sit and play. If you do it multiple times in the same evening, it'll be noticed. And, if you stand there and then all of a sudden someone else is coming to play, you'll certainly get heat.

Well... yeah. I mean, don't be obvious about it. That goes without saying, right?

Also, when the pit boss or dealer suggest that you sit down and play, don't say "I'm waiting for the count to go up".
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
July 7th, 2014 at 7:33:42 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Well yeah you can do it once. But I don't think that's what he meant.

I think that there is an art to back counting. You don't stand over the table and watch every card being dealt. You keep track of it while it doesn't look like you are watching.

Personally, my eyes are crap so I don't bother with it. Same reason I don't hole-card. I'm happy if I can see the face-up cards when I'm sitting at the table.
  • Jump to: