aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 4th, 2013 at 10:51:08 AM permalink
Quote: Bhappy

Thank you for agreeing with me. As far as reputation goes, most gamblers don't care about reputation. All they care about how much freebies they get. The gambling forum boards are littered with examples of,"I will NEVER set foot there." But, the moment they throw a mouth watering freebie, they forget. It is still fresh in my memory that recently some one had started a thread Titled,"I will never visit Revel again." The Revel management gave few hundred dollars of slot play, returned the bet, sent e-mails, and viola - we are hearing about play at Revel again.

Indeed "never" is a fluid concept.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
March 4th, 2013 at 11:13:37 AM permalink
Sorta like " Till Death Do We part " , Ace ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Bhappy
Bhappy
  • Threads: 4
March 4th, 2013 at 11:46:05 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Indeed "never" is a fluid concept.

Some will argue that people who believe in that concept have very fluid value system. (wink inserted)
Buzzard
Buzzard
March 4th, 2013 at 11:48:43 AM permalink

Some will argue that people who believe in that concept have very fluid value system.

Bcareful Bhappy. Ace is a lawyer and Mission might deem this a personal insult and not a joke.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Bhappy
Bhappy
March 4th, 2013 at 12:24:17 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Bcareful Bhappy. Ace is a lawyer and Mission might deem this a personal insult and not a joke.

Thanks Buzz. I tried to insert a wink, but don't know how.
Buzzard
Buzzard
March 4th, 2013 at 12:29:53 PM permalink
Guess now is as good a time as any to say I have nothing but respect for Mission 146. Being an administrator is a thankless job.

It's just that I thought Mission had made a mistakes. Anyone who know my checkered past or has ever been a Chief Stop Steward
knows I am double qualified as an expert in mistakes.

Thanks for all you good works, Mission. REALLY !
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 4th, 2013 at 1:29:27 PM permalink
Buzz - you seem to think I made some sort of flagged post or report about Bob - I did not. The moderators acted sua sponte and I think Mission146 did the right thing because false claims against members are not to be tolerated, especially calling into question the veracity of another member which could get that member suspended.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
March 4th, 2013 at 1:38:12 PM permalink
Can we please get back to the gambling reports??
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
skrbornevrymin
skrbornevrymin
  • Threads: 1
March 4th, 2013 at 1:41:11 PM permalink
So how did the rest of the weekend go Aces? Did you end up better than last time? FWIW I enjoy the trip reports too, and I've never even been to AC.
Buzzard
Buzzard
March 4th, 2013 at 1:43:38 PM permalink

Buzz - you seem to think I made some sort of flagged post or report about Bob - I did not. The moderators acted sua sponte and I think Mission146 did the right thing because false claims against members are not to be tolerated, especially calling into question the veracity of another member which could get that member suspended.

I never for once thought that. I merely thought that Mission 146 rushed to judgement. But seeing the convoluted logic he used, I can understand your concern.

Now do us all a favor and get the F*** back to gambling ! ! !

PLEASE.
Bhappy
Bhappy
March 4th, 2013 at 2:21:04 PM permalink
Seems EvenBob is back. I saw few posts from him today.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 4th, 2013 at 3:04:35 PM permalink
Quote: skrbornevrymin

So how did the rest of the weekend go Aces? Did you end up better than last time? FWIW I enjoy the trip reports too, and I've never even been to AC.

Well the trip ended up being +2k

It was a good trip but only brings me to +5600 for the year

(and, having lost about 20k in December (which left me even for 2012), I would like to climb back to that level of +20k
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 4th, 2013 at 3:04:56 PM permalink

Seems EvenBob is back. I saw few posts from him today.

welcome back Bob
smallcapgrowth
smallcapgrowth
  • Threads: 2
March 4th, 2013 at 3:23:09 PM permalink

Well the trip ended up being +2k

It was a good trip but only brings me to +5600 for the year

(and, having lost about 20k in December (which left me even for 2012), I would like to climb back to that level of +20k

I flagged this post by accident. I meant to reply. Sorry about that. just wanted to let everyone know

Seriously,

you need to spread 1-12 for those games in AC and I know you play 100 dollars tables.. can you bankroll maintain a min of 2x600 spread? I know you use speed count which basically makes you a syphistacted ploppy. (not making fun just trying to prove my point... I like you a lot and if I didn't I wouldn't respond to this post)

You need a very very large bankroll to have a top bet of 2x600 in AC. You might have it you or you might have the assets but they are not part of you bj bankroll.... if you are serious about counting PM. If you don't like true count conversions you can learn the KO count and that will crush the results your getting... Just to give you an idea of the bankroll I use (this is a large portion of my liquid cash) on a 50 dolar mint table I have 130k bankroll...the swings in this game are nuts because the edge is so tiny
Buzzard
Buzzard
March 4th, 2013 at 3:25:41 PM permalink
Ace is still using a Speed Count.

Brings truth to the old adage.

You can always tell a lawyer.

You just can't tell him much.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 4th, 2013 at 3:30:21 PM permalink
Quote: smallcapgrowth

Just to give you an idea of the bankroll I use (this is a large portion of my liquid cash) on a 50 dolar mint table I have 130k bankroll...the swings in this game are nuts because the edge is so tiny

Thats pretty good. You can withstand the roller
coaster with that kind of BR. And it stands outside
of the nut you need every month to pay bills. Having
the proper BR is the least understood and most often
abused part of pro gambling. People always under
fund their BR and over estimate their edge.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 4th, 2013 at 3:52:37 PM permalink
This doesn't talk about BJ but it applies to
BJ just the same:

"Talk to any career bookie, and you will find a shocking truth: many (maybe even as high as 20% or 30%) sports bettors actually win over 50% of their games in the long run. However, their concepts of money management are so poor that almost all of them over bet wildly, driving their long term expectation to zero, and they all end up completely broke."

Its all a finely tuned ballet, and screwing it up
is very easy to do. And likely.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 4th, 2013 at 6:04:46 PM permalink
@smallcapgrowth Wow, thanks for following my threads - are you really a new member? I am honored that my reputation precedes me enough and I know all about risk of ruin and edge and proper bankroll. I realize I am vastly underfunded (that was covered in THIS THREAD ) but am getting back on track.

@evenbob Welcome back and yes, money management is key.

@buzzard Who do you hate more...attorneys or speed counters?
Bhappy
Bhappy
March 4th, 2013 at 6:24:02 PM permalink

Back to the Future Part II had a line that went like this,"Now the trials are much faster. In 2020 We got rid of all the lawyers."
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 4th, 2013 at 6:25:39 PM permalink

Back to the Future Part II had a line that went like this,"Now the trials are much faster. In 2020 We got rid of all the lawyers."

How about no trials at all...? or mere summary executions and no being held accountable for actions?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
March 4th, 2013 at 6:29:49 PM permalink

It also had the Plaza as Biffs Pleasure Palace, so that also makes it a classic.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 4th, 2013 at 6:49:50 PM permalink

Who do you hate more...attorneys or speed counters?

Oldie but a goodie:

Question: Why don't lawyers go to the beach?
Answer: Cats keep trying to bury them.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 4th, 2013 at 7:18:23 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Oldie but a goodie:

Question: Why don't lawyers go to the beach?
Answer: Cats keep trying to bury them.

Is the cat reference an AC reference (feral cats living under boardwalk)?

Why don't sharks bite attorneys?
Professional courtesy.
Buzzard
Buzzard
March 5th, 2013 at 8:26:14 AM permalink

Ace, you are risking suspension if Mission used the same logic displayed for EvenBob. Were I to reply immediately to that post, I could be suspended for a derogatory remark about you or you about me.

Does anyone know where Mission can rent a sense of humor ? ?

I AM JOKING MISSION OK IT's A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mikey75
Mikey75
  • Threads: 49
March 6th, 2013 at 8:52:47 AM permalink
Ace, I enjoyed your post about your trip. When is the next trip planned?
  • Jump to: