Dreamer
Dreamer
  • Threads: 23
January 19th, 2013 at 3:07:29 AM permalink
I would like to consider myself an ap player. I count, leave when the count is negative( whether it be a bathroom break or phone call), and press when the count is high. I am by no mean an expert or pro , but do seek to only risk money when I have a +ev. My game of choice is DD hit soft 17, double any 2 cards, split up to 4 hands, double after split, split aces up to 4 hands, receive 1 card on split aces, no surrender, blackjack pays 3:2, 65-75% penetration, $25 min. My question concerns adequate bankroll. I am curious as to the optimal bankroll require to reduce the risk of ruin to as low as possible for the DD game listed above and a 6 deck game with the same rules including late surrender and a $10 minimum. My personal opinion is that a 6 deck game has the potential to be more profitable but will increase the level of variance as well as the bankroll requirement due to the amount of hands that would have to be sat through while waiting for a hot shoe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
MangoJ
MangoJ
  • Threads: 10
January 19th, 2013 at 4:16:02 AM permalink
I'm not a card counter, but I guess you should scale your bankroll requirements with your max bet. In DD you would probably want play a lower spread than in 6D anyway, so even with a $10 min bet in 6D your max bet could be the same.

You might want to learn risk-averse index play though.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
January 19th, 2013 at 5:03:55 AM permalink
Quote: Dreamer

I would like to consider myself an ap player. I count, leave when the count is negative( whether it be a bathroom break or phone call), and press when the count is high. I am by no mean an expert or pro , but do seek to only risk money when I have a +ev. My game of choice is DD hit soft 17, double any 2 cards, split up to 4 hands, double after split, split aces up to 4 hands, receive 1 card on split aces, no surrender, blackjack pays 3:2, 65-75% penetration, $25 min. My question concerns adequate bankroll. I am curious as to the optimal bankroll require to reduce the risk of ruin to as low as possible for the DD game listed above and a 6 deck game with the same rules including late surrender and a $10 minimum. My personal opinion is that a 6 deck game has the potential to be more profitable but will increase the level of variance as well as the bankroll requirement due to the amount of hands that would have to be sat through while waiting for a hot shoe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

There are different opinions on bankroll. I suggest 100 times your max bet for a total or lifetime bankroll however mine is double that for even less risk. Trip bankroll would be some fraction of that based on various things such as rules of the game and expected hours of play.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • Jump to: