Thread Rating:

rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
June 21st, 2013 at 6:35:46 PM permalink
ive only got dealt one jackpot before and it was on winning streak poker. and it auto-held auto-won. i was wondering how common this is.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 21st, 2013 at 6:45:29 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

ive only got dealt one jackpot before and it was on winning streak poker. and it auto-held auto-won. i was wondering how common this is.

What happens there? does it move up the streak and then pay you off? I hope you had 3 tiny winners that followed the jackpot hand:-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
June 21st, 2013 at 6:50:08 PM permalink
When I hit 4 Dueces, the normal Double feature was Prominently displayed in the middle of the screen "DOUBLE??" so you presumably don't accidentally double the jackpot if you don't want to (though the actual method of doubling, the two options at the bottom of the screen were the same). Was that the same for the Royal, or was there no Double Up option?
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
June 21st, 2013 at 6:50:41 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

What happens there? does it move up the streak and then pay you off? I hope you had 3 tiny winners that followed the jackpot hand:-)

it was the first hand of the streak and i didnt win any further hands in a row to move it up any.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
June 21st, 2013 at 8:49:13 PM permalink
It autoholds. Ive never gotten a dealt so i was pleasantly suprised.

Also received 4 deuces yesterday. This makes 3 4 deuces this week.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 129
June 22nd, 2013 at 1:37:24 PM permalink
On the fifty play it was also a auto hold and the screen put on a light show with banners and streaks and blasts of color and finally all fifty lines from the bottom up changed color. But it happened so fast I didnt realize that a royal was dealt and thought that the "light show" was a malfunction. it wasn't until I saw all 50 lines turn purple (the color for the royal) that I realized what had happened. Then when all the lines are purple the word jackpot and then call attendant appear.

I told this story before... when it happened I was so shocked I picked myself up and walked over to one of the big brass trash cans at the end of the row of machines and threw up.
pew
pew
  • Threads: 0
June 22nd, 2013 at 5:34:25 PM permalink
I got a good one. wife and I go to Green Valley ranch to check it out. My gambling strategy was three hundred per day, pocketing wins here and there so I would take some of my money home. When I lose all of my original stash I'm done for the day. It works for me. Anyway, it was our last night in Vegas and I had been a little conservative with my gambling money so I had like six hundred or so. Now up till that point I had never played over a quarter machine but figured I'd go for it on a five play DW for a buck. Well wouldn't you know I got kinda lucky with a dealt royal for twenty G's. I looked at the machine and called out to my wife who was in another row "honey I just won four grand... no TWENTY grand" I too was afraid to even touch the machine but after a little bit it held the cards for me. It's cool because I like gambling but am not a big gambler. I've only played maybe twenty-thirty thousand hands of VP in my life. It was kind of strange though because they came out and got my info then about twenty minutes later came back handed me two hundred hundies didn't say congrats or anything. Ive never had an offer or any contact with them since. I would think they would try to get you to stay and lose it back sometime but nothing. Maybe I should have got a players card after all.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
June 27th, 2013 at 9:45:06 AM permalink
This took me 9 hours of pushing buttons, before that came 3 4 deuces. Had to withdraw money to make this happen. I hate ATM fees.

Now VP is starting to make sense; you play as perfect as you can and the numbers will work itself out if you're playing a positive game. Went through a ton of 3 to a royals before this came. I was thinking in my head spade royal for some reason. It was the next thing I was going to ask the cocktail waitress at the Palms if they asked if I needed anything. Notice I spent my points as well. It was something like $18 or so.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
June 27th, 2013 at 10:01:04 AM permalink
I'm glad it paid off, but try not to do those ATM fees in the future! You have a 100% chance of losing however much they are, which can negate your +EV on a game in a real hurry!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 27th, 2013 at 10:08:25 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I'm glad it paid off, but try not to do those ATM fees in the future! You have a 100% chance of losing however much they are, which can negate your +EV on a game in a real hurry!

Ditto.

Also, you should never borrow money in order to gamble.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal

• Jump to: