Thread Rating:

Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
  • Threads: 4
April 11th, 2021 at 8:25:22 AM permalink
Keeping track of someone adding a chip? So you are saying you could never be misled by a slight of hand? What is there to disagree about?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 8:25:38 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

But that's isn't what the challenge was about.. unless that's how he NORMALLY BETS. And if that's the case, then he has been misleading everyone, He calls himself a high limit baccarat player.

This isn't what this challenge is about.... to YOU! Specific terms have been laid out, and as far as I am concerned, and if I were the arbiter, have been agreed to.

Mike will be able to state that MDawg's approximate average bet size is $XXX. And he will certainly be able to easily remember the high bet amount. It will be up to each forum member to decide if MDawg fairly represented himself. Axel, I can assure you, MDawg doesn't care what you think the challenge is about!

(Since CoachBelly and MarcusClark are suspended I am helping out here....!)
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 8:28:01 AM permalink
How do we solve the chip count without a record. Just simple memory ? So wizard should remember the result total of a minimum of 57 hands?
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
OnceDear
April 11th, 2021 at 8:29:41 AM permalink
Here’s my suggestion to break this logjam:

The Wiz can keep whatever record he is able to keep. That record is for Wiz consumption not public consumption. But Wiz should confirm he feels able to track well enough to make a call about if MDawg won or lost and whether he “flat bet” too much. Wiz will be the decider of whether MDawg met the terms laid out.

MDawg will write up a report of what happened that day in his normal style with his normal level of detail. Just as he reports his other days playing. Wiz will reply to say whether MDawg’s report is accurate or not. If Wiz disagrees with the accuracy the Wiz can point out why (without giving away any identifying attributes of MDawg or the details of his betting secret sauce.)

Maybe MDawg will invite Wiz to his awesome suite and MDawg can tell us about that also.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 11th, 2021 at 8:32:08 AM permalink
Quote: Expectedvalue

Keeping track of someone adding a chip? So you are saying you could never be misled by a slight of hand? What is there to disagree about?

No, that's not what I said. If I am able to see the table, I can see what is bet on each hand, and keep a running tally of the results. It is NOT HARD!!!!!!
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 8:33:23 AM permalink
Correct you are . Which is exactly why the results are logged and added up in a tally!
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 8:34:12 AM permalink
Why do you think they organize the rack? And then come by again and count on each shift with managers. It’s a system of checks and balances.
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 8:35:32 AM permalink
A simple recording that would take a mere seconds in each hand for wizard are. Banker bet , 400, win
Playerbet 900 lose
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
April 11th, 2021 at 8:35:39 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Here’s my suggestion to break this logjam:

The Wiz can keep whatever record he is able to keep. That record is for Wiz consumption not public consumption. But Wiz should confirm he feels able to track well enough to make a call about if MDawg won or lost and whether he “flat bet” too much. Wiz will be the decider of whether MDawg met the terms laid out.

MDawg will write up a report of what happened that day in his normal style with his normal level of detail. Just as he reports his other days playing. Wiz will reply to say whether MDawg’s report is accurate or not. If Wiz disagrees with the accuracy the Wiz can point out why (without giving away any identifying attributes of MDawg or the details of his betting secret sauce.)

Maybe MDawg will invite Wiz to his awesome suite and MDawg can tell us about that also.

This makes a lot of sense. I am fine with that. Obviously - the Wizard is the judge, I am not the judge!

As well, I am sure Wizard will appreciate that the burden of writing up a lot will be removed from him.

I am not sure what ExpectedValue's issue is at this point...I have conceded every modification he has proposed. Wizard may record however he likes to verify for himself that the terms are met, and whether I win or lose.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 8:38:21 AM permalink
When the wizard posts his thought on what he will record I will then agree or not agree .
I at a minimum need
From wizard

Bet amount
Side
Result
(In order obviously)
I reserve the right to edit above if I missed putting something imperative down before agreeing
Once I agree to what wizard lists he will record then we have a deal
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 8:46:05 AM permalink
You do not have the right to "agree or not agree" at this point. The wager has been set and agreed to by all parties.

And I have already stated that however the Wizard chooses to monitor is fine with me, as long as all that is disclosed by him is whether terms have been met and whether I win or lose.

If you continue to fish for more, it becomes obvious that you are simply reneging via trying to impose terms that were never made a part of this.

Really, this is odd, because you are making an issue out of a non-issue. Obviously the Wizard will act as judge as he sees fit.

I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 8:48:37 AM permalink
We have no meeting of the minds then. I certainly should be shown the results by the wizard. Insane if you think I am not entitled to that for putting up the money
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 8:53:04 AM permalink
You are of course entitled to the results from the Wizard. But that doesn't mean you get a detailed report. That is not part of any of the terms. You are entitled from the Wizard to solely whether terms were adhered to and I won, or lost.

Stop trying to input new terms!

As YET ANOTHER concession to you I agree to write up a "session report" with the same level of detail as I have provided on all my other sessions, and Wizard may verify it. Okay?

OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
April 11th, 2021 at 9:00:34 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Another amazingly sensible post by the DarkOz.

Quote: SOOPOO

I gotta agree with MDawg on this latest twist. If the Wizard says he can verify the result of the wager without the need to write everything down, that is good enough for me.

Quote: SOOPOO to ExpectedValue

We can agree to disagree. If I was the judge I would have NO TROUBLE keeping a running tally in my head.

We now have a totally unacceptable situation..... MDawg agreeing with DarkOz, Soopoo agreeing with DarkOz, Soopoo agreeing (to disagree) with ExpectedValue, and OnceDear agreeing with just about everyone. $:o)

I take exception to this being called a wager, though. More of a challenge.

So. Mike observes, in any way he sees fit? takes whatever records he wishes and determines whether MDawg met Wizard's interpretation of the challenge... and presumable reports yea or nay to the forum.

What is there to disagree about?

I can't see any obstacles. Nor can I see new conditions. JFDI Guys. JFDI!
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 112
April 11th, 2021 at 9:21:19 AM permalink
We could move this challenge to the El Cortez and have the Slotlady film, and all bets will be 25% of normal to keep within table limits. Same number of chips, just greens instead of blacks. Buy-in would be $2K cash. Likely session win would be under $2K, but above $49.
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 9:30:53 AM permalink
MdWg would never agree, I would add 1k additional if he did. Just for fun I’ll add an additional 100 for wizard and 250 for mdawg if wizard sees his suite and then goes to front desk. Requests a folio and the name matches his I’d. No secrets given away there. Just an extra bone for the dawg
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 11th, 2021 at 9:33:59 AM permalink

We have no meeting of the minds then.

Just a shame, I tell ya.
"What, me worry?"
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 9:42:06 AM permalink

MdWg would never agree, I would add 1k additional if he did. Just for fun I’ll add an additional 100 for wizard and 250 for mdawg if wizard sees his suite and then goes to front desk. Requests a folio and the name matches his I’d. No secrets given away there. Just an extra bone for the dawg

I emailed the contract to the Wizard at his request. He and I will be meeting as soon as possible to proceed with the Challenge.

As far as the new proposal, fund the Wizard with the $350. in bitcoin.
OnceDear
OnceDear
April 11th, 2021 at 9:44:25 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Just a shame, I tell ya.

MrV.
You did not edit your insulting post quickly enough. Go join CB and MC. I'll reduce the term from 7 to 3 days for at least trying to censor your post.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 9:47:53 AM permalink
I need to see it in public you and I are not communicating via dm and have not Until I see what he will be recording I am not agreeing to anything
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 9:52:23 AM permalink
We're moving forward.

If anyone here sees any VALID issue that ExpectedValue has raised, as it relates to the agreed upon terms of the wager, say so now. If ExpectedValue has any issues with how the Wizard will judge the matter, he may raise those to him privately.

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 11th, 2021 at 9:52:25 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

MrV.
You did not edit your insulting post quickly enough. Go join CB and MC.

It is really quite amazing. The same people over and over and over and over. All you have to do is read what you wrote before you hurridly stab the send button. I mean, come on..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 9:55:48 AM permalink
We are not agreeing and I am not approving until I see publicly what wizard is recording and agree. I have explicating told him I do not agree at the moment .
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 9:57:06 AM permalink
There is nothing left to agree on. We're meeting and we're moving forward. Wizard is the judge, and you appointed him.

Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 9:59:46 AM permalink
Ok I’m now done. It has not been agreed on and I as I spoke with wizard privately am not agreeing and am withdrawing the offer. No funds will be transferred as I did not approve the release consider this official.
OnceDear
OnceDear
April 11th, 2021 at 10:00:15 AM permalink

We are not agreeing and I am not approving until I see publicly what wizard is recording and agree. I have explicating told him I do not agree at the moment .

EV.... Just FYI, I've suggested to MDawg multiple times, here and by PM, that you and he really are so close on this, that the pair of you should JFDI. Make this happen.
I guess neither of you are actually trying to back out and you both ought to just accept that Mike will take what observations he sees fit to determine to his satisfaction that MDawg is 'playing how he says he does'
So, EV.... I urge you, to take Mike's judgement at face value and press forward.

JFDI, the pair/three of you.
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 10:03:19 AM permalink
Mdawgs continually brute force of trelling me it’s happening has now made my decision. I did. Not agree and have officially notified wizard I do not agree. No funds will be given
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 297
April 11th, 2021 at 10:03:44 AM permalink
I've had easier negotiations with film studios :)
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
BoSox
April 11th, 2021 at 10:09:07 AM permalink

Mdawgs continually brute force of trelling me it’s happening has now made my decision. I did. Not agree and have officially notified wizard I do not agree. No funds will be given

DAMMIT!

OK...... Now awarding a free kick to MDawg......

I'd like to suggest (subject to MDawg and Wizard agreeing) that Wizard returns those BTC to EV and that MDawg and Wizard still meet up and that MDawg throws the cat among the pigeons by demonstrating his baccarat prowess just for the hell of it.

What an anecdote that would make for them both.
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 10:11:30 AM permalink
Figures. Wizard and I agree to everything that he proposes, and even to repeated modifications and then he has the gall to come back and withdraw. This is not a situation where anything has been left undecided - the judge has been picked, terms have been set, it's very black and white.

There should be some liquidated damages in this situation, like paying the Wizard his $500. and me at least a $1000. for the time wasted. At a minimum he should be banned off the site for a month for withdrawing.

Why ExpectedValue is making an issue out of a non-issue is incredible. I already said, more than once, fine, let the Wizard record however he chooses.
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 10:14:07 AM permalink
And that is the gist of the disagreement. I said I wanted wizard to post publicly how he will record and I want to agree. You posted multiple
Times it’s proceeding before that happened. I withdrew as we did not agree
.end of story
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 10:16:25 AM permalink
I don't have a problem with your knowing HOW the Wizard will judge. But that's not a valid reason for all this fuss!

If you think he is incapable of judging why did you pick him as judge?

And you can't "withdraw" a challenge that has already been accepted and funded. Offer. Acceptance. Consideration. All you may do at this point is attempt to breach.

Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 10:20:39 AM permalink
I’m not debating back and forth . I am out
I listed the way I want it recorded. It was basic and would give away nothing
In order
Hand number
Bet amount
Bet type
Amount won or lost
You wanted to side talk I don’t have time for that and wizard and I spoke ahead of time and until I sent him a message I agreed in full that i would be refunded this was always the case
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 297
April 11th, 2021 at 10:22:12 AM permalink
Well I throw the gauntlet now.

If MDawg agrees to meet with Wizard and myself I will buy dinner.

I won't show MDawg how to use other people players cards and MDawg will agree not to show me how he plays Baccarat.

I will leave this challenge open until such time as all three of us are simultaneously in Vegas!
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 10:23:23 AM permalink
Where did you "list" that?

And again, I don't care how the Wizard monitors the session for purposes of terms adherence, and deciding if I win or lose, and neither should you. You picked him as judge!
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
April 11th, 2021 at 10:24:43 AM permalink
Dup later
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
April 11th, 2021 at 10:26:32 AM permalink

I’m not debating back and forth . I am out
I listed the way I want it recorded. It was basic and would give away nothing
In order
Hand number
Bet amount
Bet type
Amount won or lost
You wanted to side talk I don’t have time for that and wizard and I spoke ahead of time and until I sent him a message I agreed in full that i would be refunded this was always the case

Can Wizard bring a clipboard with some lined notepaper, oh, and a pen? Seems like what EV just mentioned is what's in order. Be prepared for 400+ hands.
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 10:27:44 AM permalink
Nobody is any longer arguing that the Wizard may not record for his own private records however he sees fit! which is why I am wondering why ExpectedValue is raising the fuss.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
April 11th, 2021 at 10:29:57 AM permalink
Feels like we need the Wizard to come make a post about whether and how he will record hands.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
OnceDear
OnceDear
April 11th, 2021 at 10:30:33 AM permalink

Nobody is any longer arguing that the Wizard may not record for his own private records however he sees fit! which is why I am wondering why ExpectedValue is raising the fuss.

You and me both!
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
April 11th, 2021 at 10:31:21 AM permalink
I think the real mystery to MDawg's play is how he knows which streak to bet on, be it chop, Banker, or Player.
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 10:33:40 AM permalink

Quote: OnceDear

You and me both!

Perhaps he just thinks I am steamrolling this thing. ALL RIGHTY. I suggest we step back and resolve this non-issue by the end of the day.
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
April 11th, 2021 at 11:19:05 AM permalink

Perhaps he just thinks I am steamrolling this thing. ALL RIGHTY. I suggest we step back and resolve this non-issue by the end of the day.

It’s quite clear EV’s not for real. Nobody should take him seriously ever again
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
MDawg
MDawg
April 11th, 2021 at 11:26:02 AM permalink
I think this Challenge will proceed to fruition.

The terms of the Challenge don't allow for anything other than what is there in black and white. In any case, let's just wait for Wizard to step in and assure everyone that he can handle this, and I hope we'll move on.

I have to get going with the usual daily routine including a planned session.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 11th, 2021 at 11:29:55 AM permalink
Quote: Wellbush

It’s quite clear EV’s not for real. Nobody should take him seriously ever again

I have not commented on this because not for one millisecond did I ever think it was going to happen. How many pages are there on this, and all for nothing just like I thought it would be.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
Thanked by
OnceDear
April 11th, 2021 at 11:46:48 AM permalink
If mdawg agrees the result can be recorded as below

Hand number
Bet size
Bet ... ie banker player tie
Result

We can then finish it off and agree
Pending wizard posting what he will record
We can then both type agree and it will be done
OnceDear
OnceDear
April 11th, 2021 at 11:52:36 AM permalink

If mdawg agrees the result can be recorded as below

Hand number
Bet size
Bet ... ie banker player tie
Result

We can then finish it off and agree
Pending wizard posting what he will record
We can then both type agree and it will be done

Well, this is excellent.... As I understand it, MDawg has already agreed to that here...
JFDI Guys..... C'mon, you know you want to.

And I have already stated that however the Wizard chooses to monitor is fine with me, as long as all that is disclosed by him is whether terms have been met and whether I win or lose.

And again, I don't care how the Wizard monitors the session for purposes of terms adherence, and deciding if I win or lose, and neither should you. You picked him as judge!

Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 12:00:28 PM permalink
You are missing one thing. Simply telling the result is not what I’m asking for I’m asking for a record of what was stated below

Hand number
Bet amount
Bet type
Win loss amount
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
April 11th, 2021 at 12:08:58 PM permalink
Doesn't the dealer just pay you even money on Banker wins then put a token chip of what you owe in front of him/her? When do you pay up the commission? At the end of each shoe, or the end of each session, or just whenever you want, like you owe $500 and you happen to have a $500 chip for it?
Expectedvalue
Expectedvalue
April 11th, 2021 at 12:16:59 PM permalink
That is one way. Yes. With the list of recording requirements I put I’ll be able to get exact result. In case of dealer error Which is another factor that couple come. Into play so that’s why I need this as well
  • Jump to: