Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 731
March 19th, 2020 at 3:55:12 PM permalink
I just checked the Bravo Live App, they show four poker games going. Looks like that casino is still open. Its located in Lincoln Ca. About 25 miles east of Sacramento. It's a big and very beautiful casino. Less than 2 hrs drive from Reno.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2564
March 19th, 2020 at 5:06:06 PM permalink
In the Fresno area, it looks like Chukchansi Casino and Tachi Palace are still open. I don't understand that thinking. Everyone else in this part of the state is closed. Table Mountain, Eagle Mountain, Black Oak, Chicken Ranch, and I think Golden West, the poker room in Bakersfield is either closed now or will close soon.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2112
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
March 19th, 2020 at 6:06:57 PM permalink
Sitting around a poker table in close proximity to several people , passing around the same chips, handling the same cards.

Might as well go lick a parking garage elevator button afterwards
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2564
March 19th, 2020 at 6:21:15 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Sitting around a poker table in close proximity to several people , passing around the same chips, handling the same cards.

Might as well go lick a parking garage elevator button afterwards




The logic of casino management is bad enough, but what are the PLAYERS thinking? Are they crazy? I stopped going two weeks ago, nobody forced me. But I just looked at the app that the other poster mentioned and according to it there are 4 poker games right now at Tachi and 5 going on right now at Thunder Valley. Of course, I have played with stupid poker players since I was 20. What a bunch of morons.

I had a friend, dumb, but still a friend. One time in a holdem game a 34 offsuit exposed before the Flop. I saw my friend about to call, and I wanted to see his hand, I was on the rail, and I swear, HIS hand was also 34 offsuit. I heckled him for years about that. He still plays like that. Nice guy.

What about the several DEALERS I know at one of these casinos that is still open? If they stayed at home, would they risk losing their good job? It's not a fair position to be put in. Management is WRONG not to close. Is it greed?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
March 19th, 2020 at 7:20:38 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

The logic of casino management is bad enough, but what are the PLAYERS thinking? Are they crazy? I stopped going two weeks ago, nobody forced me. But I just looked at the app that the other poster mentioned and according to it there are 4 poker games right now at Tachi and 5 going on right now at Thunder Valley. Of course, I have played with stupid poker players since I was 20. What a bunch of morons.

I had a friend, dumb, but still a friend. One time in a holdem game a 34 offsuit exposed before the Flop. I saw my friend about to call, and I wanted to see his hand, I was on the rail, and I swear, HIS hand was also 34 offsuit. I heckled him for years about that. He still plays like that. Nice guy.

What about the several DEALERS I know at one of these casinos that is still open? If they stayed at home, would they risk losing their good job? It's not a fair position to be put in. Management is WRONG not to close. Is it greed?

Some people, a lot of people are in denial and want the world to go on.
I am a robot.
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2112
March 19th, 2020 at 7:34:54 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Some people, a lot of people are in denial and want the world to go on.



What will it take to get them to see this is serious ?

Unfortunately, probably getting infected

There are still people driving and riding in Uber’s and Lyfts. I understand they need the income. But what’s it like knowing your one sneeze from the backseat away from being hooked up to a ventilator in ICU. and all for a $7 ride fare
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
March 19th, 2020 at 7:53:34 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

What will it take to get them to see this is serious ?

Unfortunately, probably getting infected

There are still people driving and riding in Uber’s and Lyfts. I understand they need the income. But what’s it like knowing your one sneeze from the backseat away from being hooked up to a ventilator in ICU. and all for a $7 ride fare

It could be denial and it could be necessity as well. Let's say someone is living paycheck to paycheck, they have to work to buy food and supplies to hole down. ( Is it hole down or hold down or both? I know people say hold down the fort, but hole down makes sense, because you're down in a hole metaphorically.)
I am a robot.
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2791
March 19th, 2020 at 8:32:10 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

What will it take to get them to see this is serious ?

Unfortunately, probably getting infected

There are still people driving and riding in Uber’s and Lyfts. I understand they need the income. But what’s it like knowing your one sneeze from the backseat away from being hooked up to a ventilator in ICU. and all for a $7 ride fare


They look at it as same odds as 18 yo's in a row!
These are all the reason why that infection curve won't be as flat as they hope.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 10550
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
March 20th, 2020 at 6:26:29 AM permalink
While Thunder Valley May in fact still be open, you can’t always trust the Bravo app. Management might forget to update their status when shutting down.

Yesterday, I checked Bravo. My closest casino, at 58 miles, Resorts World Catskills, showed two tables. I thought they closed Wednesday. But when I clicked on it, the description said they were already closed.

The only other casino with active tables was Motor City at 471 miles away. I didn’t investigate it yesterday.

But RIGHT NOW, Motor City is showing 1 active table with 1 player waiting. The description in Bravo says tourneys have been cancelled but give no indication that they’re closed. But their website says they’re closed.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 731
March 20th, 2020 at 7:02:06 AM permalink
Thunder Valley will be closing tonight.

  • Jump to: