Yoyomama
Yoyomama
Joined: Oct 11, 2010
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 170
January 19th, 2021 at 6:11:30 PM permalink
Because of Covid19, Turning Stone Casino wants to see and scan your drivers license upon entering. Then they take your picture? WTF? They used to restrict entry to people within a 125 mile radius of the casino and I thought that was the reason, but that ended months ago.

Mohegan Sun in Connecticut takes your temperature with thermal cameras when entering. They also shut down every other slot and restrict number of players at table games. Turning Stone does neither.

So what possible reason for licence scan and photo would be helpful in stopping the spread of Covid19? Thank you.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 7505
January 19th, 2021 at 6:13:44 PM permalink
Quote: Yoyomama

Because of Covid19, Turning Stone Casino wants to see and scan your drivers license upon entering. Then they take your picture? WTF? They used to restrict entry to people within a 125 mile radius of the casino and I thought that was the reason, but that ended months ago.

Mohegan Sun in Connecticut takes your temperature with thermal cameras when entering. They also shut down every other slot and restrict number of players at table games. Turning Stone does neither.

So what possible reason for licence scan and photo would be helpful in stopping the spread of Covid19? Thank you.



It is done for possible contact tracing. I canít answer if it actually possibly could be helpful
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
Joined: Jul 26, 2010
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 926
January 19th, 2021 at 6:22:31 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

It is done for possible contact tracing. I canít answer if it actually possibly could be helpful



A few weeks ago, I ate in a fast food restaurant in Resorts World casino, which is in Queens, NY.

Before ordering, I had to show either my player's card or driver's license. I asked why, and the guy said that it was for contact tracing in case any of we customers there tested positive for COVID-19 later.
Yoyomama
Yoyomama
Joined: Oct 11, 2010
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 170
January 19th, 2021 at 6:58:53 PM permalink
I live in Upstate New York, but these contact tracing reports seem to be worthless. At least in New York. Of course we lead the nation in deaths so that may say something about the way New York uses them. Didn't see a class that would include casinos in latest report from NYS.

Home/Social gatherings seem to be the main culprit but isn't that all we do!!! Over 81%. They break down the other 19% but it all sounds like social gatherings to me!

I was at TS today and it was crowded. I have visit TS and Mohegan casinos 4-5 days a week since June 1 when Indian casinos opened. Been to Florida 2 and tested twice to return to NY and was negative in all 4 tests. Only person I know that has had Covid19 was my nephew and he got it at home from his father! Maybe staying home isn't such a good idea.

Sounds like we need to get back to school and work and get out of our homes!!!!
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 1707
January 19th, 2021 at 10:37:35 PM permalink
I just tell my COVID-19 app that I'm fatigued and it thinks I'm sick so it's gonna tell every phone near my phone that I'm sick.

  • Jump to: