dave12038457
dave12038457
  • Threads: 19
June 10th, 2015 at 5:27:08 PM permalink
Regardless of who gets the money from traffic tickets, I just go with the flow of traffic. I think it is the safest thing to do.
aerules
aerules
  • Threads: 0
June 10th, 2015 at 5:32:00 PM permalink
I remember about 4 years ago a client of mine who is a municipal prosecutor said he was instructed to plead cell phone tickets to the municipal ordinance instead of the state statue. Since the town keeps every dime of the municipal ordinance
I'm the Great Cornholio. I need TP for my Bunghole
RossH
RossH
  • Threads: 8
June 11th, 2015 at 1:13:07 PM permalink
Quote: dave12038457

Regardless of who gets the money from traffic tickets, I just go with the flow of traffic. I think it is the safest thing to do.

Dave I was when they got me. My brother says he was as well and I believe him. Shit like this is why people have given up on AC and Jersey as a whole.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 11th, 2015 at 1:29:00 PM permalink
Quote: RossH

Dave I was when they got me. My brother says he was as well and I believe him. Shit like this is why people have given up on AC and Jersey as a whole.

I'm sorry...you've given up on NJ because they've decided to enforce clearly posted traffic rules?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
aerules
aerules
  • Threads: 0
June 11th, 2015 at 5:57:05 PM permalink
We miss you ross. Gov Christie said I can get years off my sentence if I bring you back to New Jersey.
I'm the Great Cornholio. I need TP for my Bunghole
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
June 11th, 2015 at 7:23:16 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I'm sorry...you've given up on NJ because they've decided to enforce clearly posted traffic rules?

Nope. Because the top court in the state has given the governor permission to abrogate state pensions and health plans, despite decades of promises and a 2011 law mandating payments to make up for the $1 billion to $2 billion shortfall.
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
June 12th, 2015 at 7:55:56 AM permalink
The pensions are corrupt and unaffordable. They need to go to SS plus a 401k like the rest of America. The problem is the notoriously corrupt New Jersey Democrat Party controls the legislature and won't let Christie do it. $11,000 a year in property taxes for the average home isn't enough for the faux "party of working people".
Same problem as Mexifornia and Illinois, 2 other bankrupt "progressive" states. Won't even mention Deeeeeeetroit.
zoobrew
zoobrew
  • Threads: 13
June 12th, 2015 at 8:26:33 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

The pensions are corrupt and unaffordable. They need to go to SS plus a 401k like the rest of America. The problem is the notoriously corrupt New Jersey Democrat Party controls the legislature and won't let Christie do it. $11,000 a year in property taxes for the average home isn't enough for the faux "party of working people".
Same problem as Mexifornia and Illinois, 2 other bankrupt "progressive" states. Won't even mention Deeeeeeetroit.

Yes it is best that you don't mention Detroit, as the truth would surprise you. The average pension in Detroit was under the national average of $30K and police at $30K compared to $42K in KC or $47K in Dallas. The truth is that both parties are better at promising things than actually delivering.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/23/retirement/detroit-pensions/
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 12th, 2015 at 8:34:53 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

Does the legislature in NJ set property tax rates? That's odd!

Also, any move to a 401k/SS system only helps alleviate future pension-related problems. Current retirees, who are the cause of current budget issues, can't just start 401ks now.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
  • Jump to: