Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
August 12th, 2014 at 2:46:20 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'm thinking of making a trip back east within the next 30 days. If I go, it would be nice to see the Revel before they shut the doors.

So I looked into booking a room there and from their web site you would think they were booked solid from now until forever.



If going on short notice, let me know your plans. I will be there next weekend (Aug 23-25). The following weekend is Labor Day and it will be packed. After that it is dead and rooms are cheap.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
August 12th, 2014 at 2:50:32 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Quote: Wizard

I'm thinking of making a trip back east within the next 30 days. If I go, it would be nice to see the Revel before they shut the doors.

So I looked into booking a room there and from their web site you would think they were booked solid from now until forever.



That's because they have already closed huge swaths of floors on the hotel. They're not really "booked solid" by the number of rooms they have total -- just from the number of rooms they allocate to actually booking.

It's pretty funny because obviously they are allocating 0 rooms to booking after a certain point, likely Sept. 10.

Or else there are a lot of optimists booking rooms for the spring of 2015:



I had a room in Showboat last week that was facing Revel. There were 14 floors in the middle of the hotel that were blacked out. You could tell no one was using those floors. I don't know if it has always been like that or if it was a new thing
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1403
  • Posts: 23731
August 12th, 2014 at 2:54:33 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

If going on short notice, let me know your plans. I will be there next weekend (Aug 23-25). The following weekend is Labor Day and it will be packed. After that it is dead and rooms are cheap.



You got it.


Quote:

There were 14 floors in the middle of the hotel that were blacked out. You could tell no one was using those floors. I don't know if it has always been like that or if it was a new thing



I wonder if the elevator even stops on those floors without a key.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
Joined: Aug 28, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 624
August 12th, 2014 at 3:26:54 PM permalink
Revel is the nicest hotel on East Coast. Anytime I visit the place I am thinking of an old charm, it never feels crowded even on a busy nights and the staircase is breathtaking. I like the people who visit the casino too, they look intelegent and friendly. I would leave everything the way it is. Hate the noisy, drunk visitors. Revel is New Jersey.
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
August 12th, 2014 at 3:42:20 PM permalink
Quote: Dicenor33

Revel is the nicest hotel on East Coast. Anytime I visit the place I am thinking of an old charm, it never feels crowded even on a busy nights and the staircase is breathtaking. I like the people who visit the casino too, they look intelegent and friendly. I would leave everything the way it is. Hate the noisy, drunk visitors. Revel is New Jersey.



It never feels crowded on busy nights because it never is crowded on busy nights. Revel was designed to accommodate many more customers than it wound up getting.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
August 12th, 2014 at 3:54:22 PM permalink
Quote: Dicenor33

Revel is the nicest hotel on East Coast. Anytime I visit the place I am thinking of an old charm, it never feels crowded even on a busy nights and the staircase is breathtaking. I like the people who visit the casino too, they look intelegent and friendly. I would leave everything the way it is. Hate the noisy, drunk visitors. Revel is New Jersey.



Really? I love the Revel for the hotel it is, but can think of many others in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and even Maine that have the same features. The W for one in FLL beats it on every level except for a casino.

I understand it is just your opinion, like it is mine.
1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
August 12th, 2014 at 4:01:04 PM permalink
Quote: Dicenor33

Revel is the nicest hotel on East Coast. Anytime I visit the place I am thinking of an old charm, it never feels crowded even on a busy nights and the staircase is breathtaking. I like the people who visit the casino too, they look intelegent and friendly. I would leave everything the way it is. Hate the noisy, drunk visitors. Revel is New Jersey.



Have you ever been there when all the beautiful people are leaving HQ around 3AM without a care in the world? Wow! It's a sea of mini skirts in a mad dash down the escalator and out to the waiting limos and taxis. I've often wondered where they all go. Many of the unsteady ones carry their stiletto heels rather than risking a fall.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
August 12th, 2014 at 4:04:51 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Have you ever been there when all the beautiful people are leaving HQ around 3AM without a care in the world? Wow! It's a sea of mini skirts in a mad dash down the escalator and out to the waiting limos and taxis. I've often wondered where they all go. Many of the unsteady ones carry their stiletto heels rather than risking a fall.




Cosmo, Wynn, MGM LV and Pure @ Caesars before it closed. The same view at all of them in Vegas. And Yes, I wonder the same thing, but the answer is to the guys room who paid for bottle service and worked it for 6 hours, praying the money spend on $600 bottles (2 minimum) wasn't better spent on the girl at the casino bar who wanted a comped VP drink and $150.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
August 12th, 2014 at 4:48:52 PM permalink
Quote: 7star4now

Perhaps it was confiscated for resale on EBAY ,by a "destination expert" from another board, to offset future lost pumping income?



Your too nice my friend. What you meant to say was UKstages, who has not been seen to comment in days, is holed up in a room with Kevin trying to figure out how to best spin this latest turn of events.

"Hey why don't we say no one appreciated how much potential this "resort" has without resorting to gaming income"

"Yea, that's it. We can say players club Tiers are not needed here"

"And how about buffets are 'mass feeders'"

"How about if we require $5500 through a slot for a free taco, that will show those one day slot players"

"And while at it, lets bar any buses from parking here"

"Oh wait, we tried that and it didn't work"

"OK lets just say no one deserves this hotel"

"And blame the posters on the TA forum"

"Sounds good to me!"

Or something like that.
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
August 12th, 2014 at 4:53:03 PM permalink
In memory of Revel, let's start posting our favorite #RevelMoments.

Last year, I played tables three hours, $50 a hand, lost $640. I logged in from my phone to check how many comp dollars I earned: $3.

Thanks, Revel.

  • Jump to: