There are so many blackjack variants out there that we decided to make a separate page for them. The rules for each game is generally the same everywhere. See below the table for links to the rules and analysis of each game listed. We hope this page helps you find your favorite blackjack derivative at a casino and betting limits to your liking.
Location: The area of Las Vegas the casino is located in:
- Downtown = Fremont Street area
- East = East side of town, including Henderson
- LV = Near the Strip, but not on it.
- North = The northern part of Las Vegas
- Near Strip = Near the Strip
- South = The southern part of Las Vegas
- Strip = Casinos on the main stretch of Las Vegas Boulevard (from Mandalay Bay to the Stratosphere)
- West = The western part of Las Vegas
Decks: Number of decks used. The fewer the decks, the better the odds are for the player.
Soft 17: Indication of what the dealer does with a soft 17.
Double on anything:
- No: Player can double only on 9, 10, 11.
- Yes: Player may double on any 2 cards.
Double after Split: Indication of whether the player may double after a split, which he usually can in Las Vegas.
Surrender: Indication of whether the player may surrender, assuming the dealer does not have a blackjack.
RSA: Indication of whether the player may re-split aces.
OR: Other rules:
- Player may double on any 3 cards, except after splitting. Unlimited re-splitting, except aces may be split to a maximum of 3 hands only.
- Player may double on 10 and 11 only.
- Single-deck game with no shuffle card.
- Six-card Charlie.
Footnotes: Indication of unusual rules.
Minimum: Minimum bet allowed.
Maximum: Maximum bet allowed.
House Edge: The ratio of the expected player loss to the initial wager. The Current Blackjack Newsletter is the source, and may differ slightly from my Blackjack House Edge Calculator. It is not that one of us is right or wrong, but that blackjack is a difficult game to analyze, and differences in methodology can play a minor effect on the results. Both sets of figures are good enough, in my opinion.
I would like to thank onlineblackjack.com as a source for this Las Vegas Blackjack survey.