ROYALPIRATE
ROYALPIRATE
  • Threads: 5
April 26th, 2019 at 7:24:49 AM permalink
I play a lot of NSU deuces wild. Often times there will be promotions where natural 4 of a kinds pay a bonus. I'd like to know how many credits the bonus would need to be to change the play of holding two pair to only holding a pair when dealt two pair. Assume 5 coin bet. I think I need to come up with a weighted payback based on how many draws would result in natural quads vs. wild quads to come up with a value to enter into the Wizards strategy calculator. At some point I need to sit down and try to work this out but I thought it might be trivial for some on this board.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
April 26th, 2019 at 7:46:59 AM permalink
Quote: ROYALPIRATE

I play a lot of NSU deuces wild. Often times there will be promotions where natural 4 of a kinds pay a bonus. I'd like to know how many credits the bonus would need to be to change the play of holding two pair to only holding a pair when dealt two pair. Assume 5 coin bet. I think I need to come up with a weighted payback based on how many draws would result in natural quads vs. wild quads to come up with a value to enter into the Wizards strategy calculator. At some point I need to sit down and try to work this out but I thought it might be trivial for some on this board.

I believe Wolf Video Poker used to have an option to solve this.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
April 26th, 2019 at 9:39:45 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I believe Wolf Video Poker used to have an option to solve this.

Sadly, I blew my hard drive with Wolf on it the week after Christmas, 2018. I was so mad at myself.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
April 26th, 2019 at 11:13:00 AM permalink
Quote: ROYALPIRATE

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it always correct to throw away the 2nd pair in NSUD?
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 17
April 26th, 2019 at 11:38:46 AM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it always correct to throw away the 2nd pair in NSUD?

That's kind of the issue today at the LVA QOD:

https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/question-of-the-day/
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
kgb92
April 26th, 2019 at 1:24:56 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

Depends what the full house pays. I believe you keep two pair if the FH pays 4-1, otherwise discard one pair.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 26th, 2019 at 1:49:31 PM permalink
Hold 2pair in NSUD.

@OP — I’m not sure. I’ll see if I can figure it out. Hodl on, the goat is on it. 🐐
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
April 26th, 2019 at 3:42:39 PM permalink
I guess I always played FPDW and did not realize there was that dramatic a difference. Good thing I don't play NSUD.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
  • Jump to: