helpmespock
helpmespock
  • Threads: 79
January 25th, 2014 at 7:02:02 AM permalink
Hello Folks,

Friends at work have never gone to Las Vegas and are planning a trip in late March. I typically go in early March before the NCAA basketball tournament starts. How busy is it during late March? They are not keen on big crowds so they are worried that it'll be crazy in late March. Work has this stupid rule that if you carry over vacation you need to use it before the end of March. Would the end of February be a better time for them?

They are not gamblers at all, but I told them there is lots of shopping, they'll probably catch a show, eat at some nice restaurants, then some trips to places around Las Vegas -- Red Rock Canyon, Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire State Park, and Grand Canyon. I don't think they'll fit all this in, but they are planning on staying a week.

Thanks for the advice,

--helpmespock
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 25th, 2014 at 7:18:40 AM permalink
I've gone in late March, and to me that begins the great time of year to go to Vegas. If you live in a cold weather part of the country, by late march you usually have pool weather, but not a guarantee..... There are always big crowds in Vegas, but on a relative scale, I think you should be OK the end of March. I prefer late March to late February.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
January 25th, 2014 at 11:03:55 AM permalink
I think a fairly reliable indicator of the crowds you can expect is the room rates you can find. The higher, the more crowded it will be. Having said that, we got good room rates for the last week in March, but Saturday 03/22 the rates were high. Sunday - Thurs the rates were reasonable again.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 25th, 2014 at 2:03:56 PM permalink
Quote: helpmespock

They are not gamblers at all,

Then tell them to visit NYC instead. The shopping
and shows and restaurants there make Vegas look like
Hicksville. If I didn't gamble, Vegas is the last place
I'd visit.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
helpmespock
helpmespock
  • Threads: 79
January 26th, 2014 at 5:26:50 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Then tell them to visit NYC instead. The shopping
and shows and restaurants there make Vegas look like
Hicksville. If I didn't gamble, Vegas is the last place
I'd visit.

They've been to New York city and they've never been to Las Vegas.

They do like hiking and the weather would be nicer in Las Vegas in late March versus New York city.

I'll mention it to them though. The weather shouldn't be super cold in NYC at the end of March.

--helpmespock
  • Jump to: