jburgess
jburgess
  • Threads: 4
March 30th, 2010 at 1:57:28 PM permalink
I fly in on a Friday night, so I expect the cab lines at the airport to be murder. I had a friend suggest taking the car rental shuttle over to the Rental car center and getting a cab there. But he has never tried it.

What do people think of that idea? The big risks are that there are no cabs at the rental car center, or that they refuse to pick up there.

I guess we could use this tread to discuss other means of avoiding cab lines too(say Gypse cabs).
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
March 30th, 2010 at 4:16:52 PM permalink
You won't find a Gypsy cab at the airport.

I doubt that you will save time. The bus comes every 15 minutes and it's 10-15 minute bus ride.
I would make a sign that says that you are willing to kick in either $15 or $20 for a shared ride to the Mandalay Bay and try to join somebody further up in the queue. Since you are alone, you can pretend to be part of their party. The fare of $20 should cover the fare, but make sure that the passenger you share with is responsible for the entire gratuity before you agree to go with him. You are paying a premium so he should cover the whole tip.

PRINT OUT THE FARE LIST FROM THE NV TAXICAB AUTHORITY BEFORE YOU GO.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 30th, 2010 at 5:09:31 PM permalink
In my two trips to Vegas I took an airport shuttle. Note, I arrived very early 10 am and 9 am respectively, and the first time I took the shuttle from Terminal 2. First time I went all the way to the Sahara and it took, I think, less than 30 minutes. Of course then I was quite interested in looking around.

The second time I went to IP and I was the first to be dropped off. Say less than 15 minutes from the time I go into the shuttle to the time I got off. A shuttle to Mandalay Bay ought to be a short ride, as it should be the first drop off point. Getting to a shuttle at peak times is another matter.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
  • Jump to: