jackblack21
jackblack21
  • Threads: 5
October 11th, 2010 at 10:42:45 PM permalink
Wizard, thank you so much for all the wonderful information on your websites. Concerning your strategy chart at https://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/strategy/charlie.html I can see where a charlie rule would not be quite as beneficial in a single deck game due to the limited number of low cards in the "shoe". Would there be any exceptions to this strategy based on single deck S17 6-card charlie?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1493
October 12th, 2010 at 4:03:15 PM permalink
Yes, there would, but I have never quantified them. I have never seen a game with such rules in my life.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
October 12th, 2010 at 4:17:19 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Yes, there would, but I have never quantified them. I have never seen a game with such rules in my life.

I used to play in a daily blackjack tournament at the Riviera. Anybody could enter, once a day. The prizes were trivial--$100/$50/$25, and the structure was that you played 15 hands against a full table, and the winner went on to compete with the other winners for the three prizes later that day. Given the number of entrants, the +EV was about $2, but they had a funny bonus---any hand that got six cards without busting would automatically get $50 in funny money chips. Since those chips would have been worth about $24.50, we quickly determined that the best strategy was to hit and keep hitting any hand that started at hard 16 or less. We, of course, split any pair (except for AA), since the bonus would still have applied on either of the split hands. The upshot was that almost all the time, at least one of us would pick up the bonus chips; several times, we had two bonus hits between us.

So I was wondering--what would your chances be of scoring the bonus, given the conditions--fifteen hands, and you play with no other consideration than hitting the bonus?
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
jackblack21
jackblack21
  • Threads: 5
October 12th, 2010 at 7:51:20 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

If you could take a look at my thread in the blackjack section titled "Black Gold 21" I lay out the rules of this video blackjack game I found. If you have time to calculate the exceptions i would really appreciate it. This should be a +EV game so I would think others might be interested in it.
  • Jump to: