ilikevp
ilikevp
  • Threads: 6
February 27th, 2014 at 4:54:54 AM permalink
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how the upcard of dealer's five cards is chosen? is it randomly picked or is there some rules to follow?
Does this arrangement(to have one card face up) favor the player?

Thanks in advance!
geoff
geoff
  • Threads: 3
February 27th, 2014 at 5:42:38 AM permalink
I've only watched the game a couple times, but it was always the last one dealt to be flipped. Knowing one card doesn't really help a lot, but it does allow you to make certain optimal plays based on which suit it showing.
kubikulann
kubikulann
  • Threads: 27
February 27th, 2014 at 5:57:37 AM permalink
It doesn't matter, as the cards are dealt by groups of five. The dealer finishes with his own cards and turns one up. Whether it be the top or bottom (or any other) has of course no bearing whatsoever on the play.

ANY information is bound to help the player in any game where the player has to decide a course of action and the dealer is forced to follow a strict rule.

Here, the info involves:
- Is it an Ace or a King (raising the probability of qualifying)
- Is it a value I have (reducing the proba of the dealer having another, but also reducing my incentive to change a card)
- Is it a colour I have (in the case where I ponder whether to buy for a Flush)

According to the Wizard's table, it is only on a AK hand that your action is dependent on the dealer's card. But in European Carib Stud (possible buy) more situations create worthy info.
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
February 27th, 2014 at 6:19:18 AM permalink
Quote: ilikevp

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how the upcard of dealer's five cards is chosen? is it randomly picked or is there some rules to follow?
Does this arrangement(to have one card face up) favor the player?

Thanks in advance!

Here, where cards are dealt in a packet by an ASM, the bottom card is flipped. Always the bottom, only the bottom.

I would assume this procedure is standardized throughout the industry, but if it's not, I can tell you it would definitely be standardized throughout each property. A joint would certainly specify it's a certain card to be flipped and only that card.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 27th, 2014 at 6:22:21 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
  • Jump to: