2 votes (16.66%)
11 votes (91.66%)
2 votes (16.66%)

12 members have voted

pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
February 7th, 2012 at 8:13:13 AM permalink

The recent memoirs from a 69 year old woman who at the age of 19 was an attractive intern to the White House confirms the story that was first put in a book in 2003. President JFK was an accomplished womanizer who easily seduced a young woman (no particular shock).

How do you react to the idea of the president taking the virginity of a 19 year old intern, and carrying on an affair with her for a year and a half (through Jackie's pregnancy)? It's been long rumored that he was sleeping with Marilyn.

The woman was a willing partner, although she paints herself as star struck. She did agree to have sex with a friend of JFK at his bidding, so I think it is fair to say that she wasn't under extreme romantic delusions.

Personally, I have always felt that Jackie K. (later Jackie O.) was held in higher esteem than she deserved. I don't think of her as an evil woman, but I thought her main accomplishments were to marry rich and powerful men and ignore what they did with their time. I am not sure what she did to deserve the title of one of the most highly regarded women of the post WWII era.

I still think that Clinton's primary evil was in publicly denying his affair with Monica, rather than telling the public that it was none of their business.

Is it necessary for powerful men to seduce women half their age, even if they are married with young children? Obama is by far the most attractive man who has been president since Teddy Roosevelt, but he doesn't seem to show any interest in other women.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
February 7th, 2012 at 9:21:03 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Personally, I have always felt that Jackie K. (later Jackie O.) was held in higher esteem than she deserved. I don't think of her as an evil woman, but I thought her main accomplishments were to marry rich and powerful men and ignore what they did with their time. I am not sure what she did to deserve the title of one of the most highly regarded women of the post WWII era.

Amen, spot on. What poise and dignity and all that....she knew the deal, and lived the lifestyle of the rich and famous, poor thing....

Quote: paceomartin

I still think that Clinton's primary evil was in publicly denying his affair with Monica, rather than telling the public that it was none of their business.

Is it necessary for powerful men to seduce women half their age, even if they are married with young children? Obama is by far the most attractive man who has been president since Teddy Roosevelt, but he doesn't seem to show any interest in other women.

It isn't necesary, but an available perq for the big shots. People indulge, dip their wick. The little devil on everyone's shoulder has been busy....
As for Obama, who knows the deal with his love life? Personally, I do not find Obama or Teddy Roosevelt attractive, not do I find Ryan Gossling dreamy, for that matter. Angela Wyman's got my vote....
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
pacomartin
pacomartin
February 7th, 2012 at 12:08:54 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

It isn't necesary, but an available perq for the big shots. People indulge, dip their wick. The little devil on everyone's shoulder has been busy....
As for Obama, who knows the deal with his love life? Personally, I do not find Obama or Teddy Roosevelt attractive, not do I find Ryan Gossling dreamy, for that matter. Angela Wyman's got my vote....

Obama, Teddy Roosevelt, and Clinton may not be men you would pick out as attractive in a crowd, but they are from the short list of men who became POTUS in their 40's.

Theodore Roosevelt 42 years, 322 days
John F. Kennedy 43 years, 236 days
Bill Clinton 46 years, 154 days
Ulysses S. Grant 46 years, 311 days
Barack Obama 47 years, 169 days
Grover Cleveland 47 years, 351 days
Franklin Pierce 48 years, 101 days
James A. Garfield 49 years, 105 days
James K. Polk 49 years, 122 days

Some people consider Franklin Pierce to be the most classically handsome man to take the office. He was one of the very few incumbents who was not nominated by his own party for re-election.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 7th, 2012 at 12:32:54 PM permalink
JFK was an infamous horndog. Read any of the
biographies of Sinatra, there's usually a chapter
devoted to JFK. He visited the Sinatra compound
in Palm Springs a lot in 1958 and 59. The best book
is by Sinatra's former valet, written in 2003. All JFK
talked about was sex. He screwed hookers, starlets,
him and Sinatra passed Marilyn back and forth
like she was a bad habit.

As`an aside, the valet was black, and he found JFK's
father, old Joe Kennedy, to be the most vile bigot
he ever met. Joe would tell n-word jokes right in front
of him, and tell Jewish jokes at a dinner where half
the guests were Jewish. He would say terrible bigoted
things to people, right to their faces. People put up with
it because he was so powerful.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 7th, 2012 at 3:58:17 PM permalink

She did agree to have sex with a friend of JFK at his bidding, so I think it is fair to say that she wasn't under extreme romantic delusions.

This 'passing around' of the women was a theme
that you see a lot in JFK and Sinatra biographies.
Marilyn was passed over to Bobby Kennedy also,
and there was a girl named Judith Campbell that
went from Sinatra to JFK to Sam Giancana and
around and around. These women were just unpaid
hookers to these powerful men, what they got
out of it is a mystery.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
February 7th, 2012 at 4:06:07 PM permalink

Nah. If it was in some hotel room while not in the White House, maybe. But in the Oval Office would be like a CEO telling the Board of Directors it's none of their business what he does with the interns in his office after hours. I don't think that would play well. While our country's morals may have (d)evolved, there does seem to be something wrong with the POTUS and an intern in the Oval Office and "None of your business" would NEVER have satisfied.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
February 7th, 2012 at 5:00:54 PM permalink

Jackie O is Lillian Rearden. Marry a rich and powerful guy, turn off the physical love after a few years, let him fool around all he wants as long as it is still you and only you who is seen as his wife in public.

Clinton's error was lying under oath. Had he been smart enough to have a Tom Hagen to take care of those issues would have been no big deal. Clinton is what happens when a candidate coasts to the nomination. In his case a small field was afraid to challenge Bush41, Tsongas was his only real competition and he dropped out early.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
pacomartin
pacomartin
February 7th, 2012 at 6:52:56 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Jackie O is Lillian Rearden.

• Jump to: