Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
June 1st, 2011 at 5:30:08 PM permalink
I hear good things about this burger place. Has anyone tried it? Any recommendations?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
PeteM
PeteM
  • Threads: 4
June 1st, 2011 at 5:52:40 PM permalink
MMMM...Smashburger... Very, Very good. A little pricey, but I think it's worth it. A seriously juicy burger on a fresh egg roll. Love the rosemary/olive oil fries and the Hagen/Daas shakes. MMMM...
"Win with a smile, lose with grace."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
June 1st, 2011 at 5:59:09 PM permalink
Smashburger is one of my guilty pleasures. I only let myself go there about once a month. My son and I ride bicycles to the one on Lake Mead Blvd on said monthly basis. Hamburgers just don't get much better. However, I suspect a reason they taste so good is in large part because they are so greasy and fatty. You can almost feel your life expectancy drop by about a week after eating there. The cost to your wallet is negligible compared to the cost to your heart and arteries. Another thing I like is that you can buy beer there. If I'm ever in death row, give me a Smashburger for my last meal.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
June 1st, 2011 at 6:47:13 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Smashburger is one of my guilty pleasures. I only let myself go there about once a month. My son and I ride bicycles to the one on Lake Mead Blvd on said monthly basis. Hamburgers just don't get much better. However, I suspect a reason they taste so good is in large part because they are so greasy and fatty. You can almost feel your life expectancy drop by about a week after eating there. The cost to your wallet is negligible compared to the cost to your heart and arteries. Another thing I like is that you can buy beer there. If I'm ever in death row, give me a Smashburger for my last meal.

Smashburger Classic Burger (1/3 lb) Calories 800 Sodium 1743 mg Total Fat 62 g
McDonald's Double Cheeseburger Calories 440 Sodium 1150 mg Total Fat 23 g

So that Smashburger sauce is pretty deadly.

============================

But a nutritionist recommends Smash Burger because you can order it your way easily.
My favorite place at the moment to find a healthy burger is Smash Burger. A healthy burger would include:

the small size burger patty (1/3 lb)
multigrain bun
avocado
ketchup, mustard
any of the veggie toppings you want, or can fit: lettuce, tomato, grilled or red onion, pickle, jalapenos
Instead of french fries, order Veggie Frites.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 1st, 2011 at 6:54:37 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

My favorite place at the moment to find a healthy burger is Smash Burger. A healthy burger would include:

multigrain bun
avocado
ketchup, mustard
any of the veggie toppings you want, or can fit: lettuce, tomato, grilled or red onion, pickle, jalapenos
Instead of french fries, order Veggie Frites.

Not bad, but avocado is high in fat and sugar. A healthier type of fat than that in beef, to be sure, but healthy or not all fat has nine calories per gram.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 1st, 2011 at 7:17:33 PM permalink

Smashburger Classic Burger (1/3 lb) Calories 800 Sodium 1743 mg Total Fat 62 g
McDonald's Double Cheeseburger Calories 440 Sodium 1150 mg Total Fat 23 g

So that Smashburger sauce is pretty deadly.

============================

The McDonalds double cheeseburger is a significantly smaller sandwich.

The Angus Deluxe (1/3 lb) comes in at 750 cal, 1700 mg salt, 39g total fat. Almost as ridiculously unhealthy as the Smashburger classic.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 1st, 2011 at 7:55:36 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Hamburgers just don't get much better. However, I suspect a reason they taste so good is in large part because they are so greasy and fatty. You can almost feel your life expectancy drop by about a week after eating there..

Fat is where the flavor is. A local burger joint went from high fat to low fat burgers last year and almost went out of business. And don't be so sure they're so bad for you. Unless you have a high cholesterol problem already, its fine. In fact some doctors are now saying a diet of 70% fat, 20% carbs, and 10% protein might be the optimal human diet. Carbs are turning out to be more harmful than fat. Our bodies turn fat into glucose when the carbs are missing, just like it did for meat eaters of old. They've been studying this for a hundred years, ever since two scientists near the North Pole for a year and ate and thrived on nothing but fish and animal meat, with lots of fat. The Eskimos ate an almost 100% meat and blubber and fish diet and heart disease was unknown to them. My grandparents lived on a farm and ate meat and fatty fried food like bacon and sausage and chicken and ham at every meal, 3 times a day, and they lived into their 90's, as did their parents. If you were a guest of an Eskimo and he gave you piece of fat off of his plate, this was considered a gift and you can't turn it down.

Here's a good article on this, because I know Paco will demand one.

HighFatDiet
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
pacomartin
pacomartin
June 1st, 2011 at 8:29:38 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

The McDonalds double cheeseburger is a significantly smaller sandwich.

The Angus Deluxe (1/3 lb) comes in at 750 cal, 1700 mg salt, 39g total fat. Almost as ridiculously unhealthy as the Smashburger classic.

Your right that an Angus Deluxe is closer, but you still make out on fat somewhat.

1 lb meat: regular vs Angus
calories 900 - 960 (Angus)
fat 66 - 69 grams (Angus)
sodium 1250 - 960 gm (Angus)

So that Smashburger has nearly the same level of fat of a pound of meat.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 1st, 2011 at 8:32:10 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Almost as ridiculously unhealthy as the Smashburger classic.

Its the carbs and the salt thats unhealthy, not the fat.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
June 1st, 2011 at 9:08:38 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Fat is where the flavor is. A local burger joint went from high fat to low fat burgers last year and almost went out of business. And don't be so sure they're so bad for you. Unless you have a high cholesterol problem already, its fine. In fact some doctors are now saying a diet of 70% fat, 20% carbs, and 10% protein might be the optimal human diet. Carbs are turning out to be more harmful than fat. Our bodies turn fat into glucose when the carbs are missing, just like it did for meat eaters of old. They've been studying this for a hundred years, ever since two scientists near the North Pole for a year and ate and thrived on nothing but fish and animal meat, with lots of fat. The Eskimos ate an almost 100% meat and blubber and fish diet and heart disease was unknown to them. My grandparents lived on a farm and ate meat and fatty fried food like bacon and sausage and chicken and ham at every meal, 3 times a day, and they lived into their 90's, as did their parents. If you were a guest of an Eskimo and he gave you piece of fat off of his plate, this was considered a gift and you can't turn it down.

HighFatDiet

High fat is fine if you burn it quickly. High fat with lots of "bad" cholesterol that sits around sounds like a quick trip to heart disease and blocked arteries. That's really just the problems of too many calories, not enough burning them though, as too many carbs leads to high blood sugar, pre-diabetes and so on.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 1st, 2011 at 9:45:59 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

High fat is fine if you burn it quickly.

Your body burns it quickly if you're not eating carbs. Next time you're in the store and you see a 400 pound woman in one of those ride around carts, because she's too fat to walk, look at whats in the basket. I guarantee it will be 95% processed carbs. Mac and cheese, donuts, breakfast cereal, chips, doritos, candy, bread, frozen waffles, etc.
thecesspit
thecesspit
June 1st, 2011 at 10:08:37 PM permalink

Your body burns it quickly if you're not eating carbs. Next time you're in the store and you see a 400 pound woman in one of those ride around carts, because she's too fat to walk, look at whats in the basket. I guarantee it will be 95% processed carbs. Mac and cheese, donuts, breakfast cereal, chips, doritos, candy, bread, frozen waffles, etc.

Certainly. Your body burns lots of carbs if you don't eat fat too. It'll burn what you give it (in general). If you give it too much of either, it'll store the other. There's some arguments about trying to get the body to "switch" to a preferred energy source, but I'm not sure that's been choosen casually.

If you eat any high calorie diet and don't burn it off, you'll get fat. Processed carbs is awful for you as well, as it screws up your blood sugar levels. Complex carbs aren't as bad, not least because you don't feel hungry quickly. The idea of burning fat only (ketosis?, Atkins is/was a big proponent of it) has it's fair share of critics as well.

I'm just saying if your highly active, that big chunk of fat is burnt of good and quick and the "bad side" of the fats isn't going to sit around. If I ate a high fat diet in low-activity office job, it's not going to be good for me. Nor would a high processed carb diet for that matter. Agaston's South Beach diet work is a good read on the benefits of a complex carb diet which cuts out a lot of the processed carbs without going as far as Atkins with his high fat ideas.

The average working class man in the early 1900's of the UK got a lot of calories from beer... highly processed carbs. Thing was, he was working hard and it was a large source of his daily energy.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 1st, 2011 at 10:20:03 PM permalink

If I ate a high fat diet in low-activity office job, it's not going to be good for me.

Only if you're eating carbs too. Its the combo of lots of fat and carbs thats bad. Ever since I turned 40, whenever I get 25-30 pounds too heavy, I eat all fat and protein and almost no carbs. No extra exercise. The weight falls off and only comes back when the carbs are back. I can easily live on seafood cheese and eggs and steaks and bacon and roasted chicken and grilled brats and a few carbs. I was reading an article by a doctor who's been a type 1 diabetic for 70 years and hasn't used a needle or any meds since he was in college. He has eaten a high fat low carb diet since then and his type 1 is completely under control. I love the diet, it gives you lots of energy when your body doesn't have to digest all the different sugars. I used to feel like taking a nap after a meal, not when I'm on this diet.
pacomartin
pacomartin
June 2nd, 2011 at 12:42:51 AM permalink

HighFatDiet

Thank you for the article. My grandfather ate a diet extremely high in fat. He grew up in a little village in Spain. Tons of the fattiest bacon you ever saw, and as a young man two dozen eggs a day. Even as an old man he still ate lots of eggs. Everything was cooked in butter. He lived into his 90's, and was healthy most of his life until the very end.

Unfortunately, I am addicted to carbs. Those high fat diets make me want to shoot myself.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 2nd, 2011 at 1:44:39 AM permalink

Unfortunately, I am addicted to carbs.

Most people are, it really is an addiction. People in the past had no access to sugar or processed flour or processed anything. Throughout history for thousands of years, the only sweetener was honey. I find when I eat bread, I want more and more of it. Corpulence wasn't an issue in the past because of a lack of food, people just ate a lot of fatty foods and few carbs, so it wasn't an issue. I remember when the Atkins Diet came out, doctors had fits of rage that anything so preposterous was even being considered. Everybody knew eating fat made you fat. To this day, the amount of carbs thats allowed for diabetics is far more than a person without it should eat.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 2nd, 2011 at 1:52:03 AM permalink

multigrain bun
avocado
ketchup, mustard

Glad you added mustard instead of just ketchup. Nothing worse than ketchup on a hamburger *unless* you also add mustard. This is doubly so with a hot dog!

One of the things I really hold against McDonald's is that they put ketchup on theirs and you have to ask for the mustard and sometimes they don't have it. How did the company that least understood the hamburger ever get to be so big?

PS: I can remember when you had to spell it 'catsup'
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 2nd, 2011 at 1:54:34 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

One of the things I really hold against McDonald's is that they put ketchup on theirs and you have to ask for the mustard

And mustard is cheaper than ketchup, a lot cheaper.
thecesspit
thecesspit
June 2nd, 2011 at 10:32:55 AM permalink

Most people are, it really is an addiction. People in the past had no access to sugar or processed flour or processed anything. Throughout history for thousands of years, the only sweetener was honey. I find when I eat bread, I want more and more of it. Corpulence wasn't an issue in the past because of a lack of food, people just ate a lot of fatty foods and few carbs, so it wasn't an issue. I remember when the Atkins Diet came out, doctors had fits of rage that anything so preposterous was even being considered. Everybody knew eating fat made you fat. To this day, the amount of carbs thats allowed for diabetics is far more than a person without it should eat.

People also had diets that were a lot of complex carbs (*) and vegetables, pulses and fruits. Fatty meat, diary and the like weren't as common in some diets (the Indian Sub-continent springs to mind, as does the reliance on grains in the UK peasantry and I'm guessing the people living on the Steppe). Other cultures had lots of meat and fats and little in the way of green stuff. The human body can survive on lots of different types of fuels and there isn't "one diet" that works for all. But a low amount of processed carbs for seems to be a good idea, for sure.

And even then, people who are do highly active jobs and activities may need the sugars for energy quickly. Joe Blow office worker eating a tonne of white bread and potato chips, not so much. One thing that high fat diets can do is make you feel satiated quickly, which keeps the calorific intake down.

(Complex carbs :: unprocessed grains, brown rice etc)

That all said, I try to keep much more active now as I like a plate of chicken wings and a few beers every so often, and it's clear that my body's metabolism is much slower than it was a decade ago, I'm not as fit as I once was and I'm not an expert nutrionist nor do I play on TV. But the South Beach diet advice from Agaston makes sense and has worked for me. It might not for you.

But a great beer or decent hot wings or a good greasy bacon sandwich are one the finer things in life, so in all things balance.
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
June 2nd, 2011 at 10:53:59 AM permalink
Looks delish! But I'll prob still go to In n Out instead when I'm in town in a few weeks.
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
June 2nd, 2011 at 4:00:10 PM permalink
And where might one find this fabled ''Smashburger'' that you all are speaking about?

Sounds downright...heavenly!!!
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
June 2nd, 2011 at 4:07:45 PM permalink
The OP asked about quality (I think) and the nutrition police took over.

The burgers are decent, their shoestring fries SUCK
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
June 2nd, 2011 at 5:26:06 PM permalink
Quote: avargov

And where might one find this fabled ''Smashburger'' that you all are speaking about?

Sounds downright...heavenly!!!

There are locations in several states in the U.S.A., including four in Las Vegas. "smashburger" is also the name of the chain.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 2nd, 2011 at 5:28:04 PM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

The OP asked about quality (I think) and the nutrition police took over.

The burgers are decent, their shoestring fries SUCK

I've had the fries be great, and I've had the fries be terrible. I think it's hard to get them just right. Not that they shouldn't be able to do it - just that it's harder with shoestrings than with other fry formats.

I really like the burgers. They're about the same quality as something like a Red Robin. Or, alternatively, if Taco Bell and McDonalds are equivalent restaurants, then Smashburger and Chipotle are equivalent restaurants.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
June 2nd, 2011 at 5:33:32 PM permalink
It appears that the closest one to me is on Maryland Pkwy. I wonder if 10 miles is too far to trek when I have a 5 Guys 2 blocks away??? That is a pretty strong burger as well!!!
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
June 13th, 2011 at 11:58:38 AM permalink
Quote: avargov

It appears that the closest one to me is on Maryland Pkwy. I wonder if 10 miles is too far to trek when I have a 5 Guys 2 blocks away??? That is a pretty strong burger as well!!!

I just tried Smashburger for the first time, and it happend to be at this location. I would strongly recommend it. I had the "Sin City" which includes grilled onions, bacon, an egg, cheese and "haystack" onions (very thin onion ring strings). Less options, but a much better value than 5 Guys, which I consider quite pricey.

One knock on Smashburger is the quantity (not quality, which was quite high) of their fries. I think they could have bigger portions. If folks were worried about salt, cholesterol, starch and calories, they would not be eating a burger that also has a full breakfast on top of it.
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
June 13th, 2011 at 1:44:57 PM permalink
Please stop!!! Arghhh!!! You know what this discussion does to someone that lives on a low sodium diet that previously enjoyed all kinds of ethnic foods and would try anything? I have to stay under 1000mg a day and have for two years and will have to the rest of my life. I cannot eat out without making plans ahead. Luckily I have always enjoyed cooking and it has forced me to have an extremely healthy diet - no processed foods - even have to make my own bread. The diet alone controls my disease with no drugs. Great added benefits are losing weight, great blood pressure and low chloresteral. But my wife says I do tend to moan while watching Man Vs Food!
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 207
June 13th, 2011 at 1:56:25 PM permalink
Quote: timberjim

Please stop!!! Arghhh!!! You know what this discussion does to someone that lives on a low sodium diet that previously enjoyed all kinds of ethnic foods and would try anything?
But my wife says I do tend to moan while watching Man Vs Food!

Wait a sec...

You're on such a restrictive diet that you're bemoning us for discussing all this crap food, and then you voluntarily watch Man v. Food?!?!?

Ya can keep yer bitching to yourself!
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
June 13th, 2011 at 2:10:29 PM permalink

Please stop!!! Arghhh!!! You know what this discussion does to someone that lives on a low sodium diet that previously enjoyed all kinds of ethnic foods and would try anything? I have to stay under 1000mg a day and have for two years and will have to the rest of my life. I cannot eat out without making plans ahead. Luckily I have always enjoyed cooking and it has forced me to have an extremely healthy diet - no processed foods - even have to make my own bread. The diet alone controls my disease with no drugs. Great added benefits are losing weight, great blood pressure and low chloresteral. But my wife says I do tend to moan while watching Man Vs Food!

Sorry for tempting you timberjim, and it is good to hear that you are doing so well by adhering to a healthy diet. Smashburger does offer "healthy" alternatives, grilled chicken instead of beef, good sized, reportedly tasty salads (I didn't try it, but someone else in my group did and reported it was yummy), and.... well that's about it. Oh yeah... there's an In-and-Out Burger right next door where you can get a burger with no added salt, "Protein" style (wrapped in a lettuce leaf instead of a bun).
timberjim
timberjim
June 13th, 2011 at 2:11:47 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Wait a sec...

You're on such a restrictive diet that you're bemoning us for discussing all this crap food, and then you voluntarily watch Man v. Food?!?!?

Ya can keep yer bitching to yourself!

I also watch Sophia on Modern Family knowing that I can never have any of that either.
pacomartin
pacomartin
June 13th, 2011 at 7:27:31 PM permalink

I also watch Sophia on Modern Family knowing that I can never have any of that either.

To practice your Spanish watch Sophia Vergara's first Pepsi commercial at age 17 and translate.
timberjim
timberjim
June 14th, 2011 at 3:40:27 AM permalink
Many thanks Paco. My week will go much better now.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 14th, 2011 at 5:09:33 AM permalink

Luckily I have always enjoyed cooking and it has forced me to have an extremely healthy diet -

And what is that, exactly? My grandparents and great grandparents lived into their 80's and 90's, all the while consuming fried foods and salt at every meal. Fried eggs and bacon and sausage and pancakes and sausage gravy and fried scrapple for breakfast every day. Fried chicken and chicken fried steak, fried potatoes and ham and roast beef and shortening laden pies and pastries, frosted cakes, for lunch and dinner. Not to mention self churned butter on everything, which is white, BTW, not yellow, as its sold in the stores. You'd think they were heart attacks waiting to happen. Yet none of them were obese at all and they lived long long lives. They also didn't smoke cigarettes, or have much stress in their lives. Paco says his grandfather ate a similar diet into his 90's. Apparently one persons healthy diet is another persons death sentence. Or is it..
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 14th, 2011 at 9:25:31 AM permalink

watch url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BznOT28yrH4

wow, and there are some even better ones there to click on, be advised Mr. Martin has picked one of the less racey ones
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 14th, 2011 at 10:41:54 AM permalink

scrapple

It is similar to Goetta, a specialty of the Cincinnati tri-state area, which you can get in the buffet at Grand Victoria Indiana:

"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
timberjim
timberjim
June 14th, 2011 at 12:22:59 PM permalink

And what is that, exactly? ..... Apparently one persons healthy diet is another persons death sentence. Or is it..

Bob - Why have you become so confrontational? I used to enjoy reading your posts.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 14th, 2011 at 12:55:25 PM permalink

Bob - Why have you become so confrontational? I used to enjoy reading your posts.

I truly don't know what a healthy diet is anymore. Did my grandparents eat one, they lived to be 90. I know people who don't eat meat and all they have is salads and veggies and their they're all the time, they always have something wrong with them. I know a guy in his late 60's who's hugely fat and his wife was always trying to force him on her healthy diet and she died several years ago and he's still doing fine. So I'm at the point where I have no idea what a healthy diet is, just eat what you want and to heck with it. Now studies are showing fat people are actually healthier than skinny people. Its enough to drive you nuts...
thecesspit
thecesspit
June 14th, 2011 at 1:00:56 PM permalink

I truly don't know what a healthy diet is anymore. Did my grandparents eat one, they lived to be 90. I know people who don't eat meat and all they have is salads and veggies and their they're all the time, they always have something wrong with them. I know a guy in his late 60's who's hugely fat and his wife was always trying to force him on her healthy diet and she died several years ago and he's still doing fine. So I'm at the point where I have no idea what a healthy diet is, just eat what you want and to heck with it. Now studies are showing fat people are actually healthier than skinny people. Its enough to drive you nuts...

Many vegetarians don't eat enough of a balanced diet, it's true.

Here's my guess from a little reading recently. A high fat, low carb diet can be fine, but heightens risks in one direction. A high carb, low fat diet heightens risks in another. Low fat, low carb, high protein, yet another gain in one way, loss in another. In short, there's no-one "healthy" diet that all must follow, but some people will process foods differently to others, some people's life styles are different and taking in more calories from whatever source than you expend will increase your weight. And even then some people can comfortably carry more weight than others.

If you eat what you eat and aren't morbidly obese (which is different from being obese) or morbidly underweight, are functioning as a normal human being, there's none of the tell tale signs in your bloodwork of chronic problems and your weight is stable, your probably doing okay. And after all, you gotta die of something.

And we are talking risks not absolutes. Red is more likely to come up than the number 7 on the next roulette spin. Does't mean 7 can't happen. Increasing a general risk for a heart attack doesn't mean a specific person will have a heart attack.

(or to use a different analogy : Playing a 6/5 JoB Video Poker doesn't mean you'll be a loser after an hour. It just means there's more chance you will be)
[Edited a spelling mistake]
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 14th, 2011 at 2:59:48 PM permalink

And after all, you gotta die of something.

I was at my doctors a couple years ago and he said 'heart disease is the number one killer' and I said 'Isn't that a good thing?' 100 years ago infectious disease was the largest killer, hardly anybody lived long enough to get heart disease. So looking at it in retrospect, people are now living to an age where their organs are giving out before something else kills them. The doc said he never looked at it like that, if a doctor from 1910 could see us today, he'd wonder what we were complaining about.
progrocker
progrocker
June 17th, 2011 at 10:43:39 AM permalink
Free Smashburger with purchase of entree or kid's meal coupon was just posted on VMB. Since I remembered this topic here I felt a crosspost may be in order to share the coupon link:
http://www.smashburger.com/email/fathersday/show_coupon.php
Solo venimos, solo nos vamos. Y aqui nos juntamos, juntos que estamos.
  • Jump to: