No votes (0%)
8 votes (72.72%)

11 members have voted

pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 15th, 2011 at 11:12:06 PM permalink
Huckabee will not run

Social conservatives have lost Mike Huckabee the candidate that also had broader appeal. That leaves Sarah Palin as the most visible candidate that appeals to this group..

Clearly her family has won the big bucks game, and she won't have to struggle along with the pension of a governor. She could probably make more money sitting at home twittering and making weekly guest appearances.

Do you think the loss of her main competitor will galvanize her?

Her nomination as VP seemed to make her an overnight superstar. I am not sure if one can be created in the next two years.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
May 15th, 2011 at 11:34:35 PM permalink
The loss of a major contender would obviously be better for her should she choose to run; it is one group of voters that would likely swing her way in the primaries. Even though I choose this would be good for her, I am still not convinced she will run. I do think she is in a good place for providing income for the family without subjecting them to the rigors of a campaign.

I'm still disappointed in her for quitting early as governor. I don't think that was a good political move but it was a good financial one.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 16th, 2011 at 6:20:20 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Social conservatives have lost Mike Huckabee the candidate that also had broader appeal. That leaves Sarah Palin as the most visible candidate that appeals to this group..

Hukabee is a joke. President HuckaHick? I don't think so, and he knew it. A former fat slob preacher gov of Arkansas? Yeah, right. Sarah Palin running? Yeah, right. The Left's wet dream, it ain't happenin...
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
May 16th, 2011 at 6:45:29 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

A former fat slob preacher gov of Arkansas? Yeah, right.

Another former fat slob gov of Arkansas won the presidency. Granted he wasn't a preacher but Huckabee had a realistic shot. I wouldn't have supported him in the primaries but I don't think he would have been an awful president.
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
May 16th, 2011 at 8:28:46 AM permalink

Hukabee is a joke. President HuckaHick? I don't think so, and he knew it. A former fat slob preacher gov of Arkansas? Yeah, right. Sarah Palin running? Yeah, right. The Left's wet dream, it ain't happenin...

Actually it's the Democrats dream. Sarah vs Oboma. LOL
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 16th, 2011 at 5:57:22 PM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

I wouldn't have supported him in the primaries but I don't think he would have been an awful president.

I can't watch Huckabee on his show. He's a phony, a fake. He bends over backwards never to be controversial, never to offend, he's as bland as unsalted peanut butter. He reminds me of Lawrence Welk, who was all smiles and happy on camera, and off camera was a tyrant. He had a set of rules and morals that he imposed on his singers and would fire them on the spot if it looked like they were violating them. Huckabee gives me the creeps, just like Welk did.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
May 16th, 2011 at 6:02:53 PM permalink
I heard The Trump is officially out too.

Not that he was in.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 16th, 2011 at 6:52:27 PM permalink
Mitt Romney's due anyway :P
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 16th, 2011 at 8:36:43 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I heard The Trump is officially out too.

Not that he was in.

He was never in, all his friends said it. He's a huckster with a past that makes the opposition salivate and fall to their knees begging him to run. Trump is many things, stupid isn't one of them.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
May 16th, 2011 at 8:41:00 PM permalink

I can't watch Huckabee on his show. He's a phony, a fake. He bends over backwards never to be controversial, never to offend, he's as bland as unsalted peanut butter. He reminds me of Lawrence Welk, who was all smiles and happy on camera, and off camera was a tyrant. He had a set of rules and morals that he imposed on his singers and would fire them on the spot if it looked like they were violating them. Huckabee gives me the creeps, just like Welk did.

I've never once seen either of their TV shows.
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 16th, 2011 at 9:50:53 PM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

I've never once seen either of their TV shows.

Huckabee's is one step above Hee Haw. Its a gosh aw shucks show, he even plays in a stupid band at the end. Its embarrassing. Its on Saturday night, the same night Lawrence Welk was on for 25 years. Its old folks night, all the young people are busy doing something else.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 16th, 2011 at 10:20:40 PM permalink
Donald Trump has outed himself, declaring that he has accomplished his goal of getting a ratings boost for his Television series. He will know be competing with Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Arnold, and Fred Thompson on the entertainment circuit.

In a surprise move Charlie Sheen has formed a committee to explore his options to become President and exile Chuck Lorre from the country.
  • Jump to: