Thread Rating:

Poll

14 votes (31.81%)
2 votes (4.54%)
23 votes (52.27%)
9 votes (20.45%)
7 votes (15.9%)
6 votes (13.63%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (4.54%)
10 votes (22.72%)
12 votes (27.27%)

44 members have voted

AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 144
  • Posts: 18120
October 19th, 2019 at 9:39:02 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Definitely not in that context. He's not calling anyone rude. He is asking someone if they are being rude. Rude in this case is just an adjective to the observed action of ignoring in the question. A person would have to get an answer from the one being asked the question to know if they were or were not actually rude.
It seems that he could be suspended for mentioning a banned member under the rules though. However you did that yourself first.

Technically, he asked if she was rudely ignoring it, however, Bob has gotten away with a few he shouldn't have so he should just consider it a wash.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
October 19th, 2019 at 9:40:08 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Definitely not in that context. He's not calling anyone rude. He is asking someone if they are being rude. Rude in this case is just an adjective to the observed action of ignoring in the question. A person would have to get an answer from the one being asked the question to know if they were or were not actually rude.
It seems that he could be suspended for mentioning a banned member under the rules though. However you did that yourself first.


I think precedent has been set that "asking" would still be insulting, otherwise we can just get around the insult rule (and likely many others) by "asking" something.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 144
  • Posts: 18120
October 19th, 2019 at 9:51:03 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I think precedent has been set that "asking" would still be insulting, otherwise we can just get around the insult rule (and likely many others) by "asking" something.

What if you are legitimately asking somebody a question, aad no, I'm not talking about asking someone a question that's obviously meant as an insult "are you an idiot? "


Calling somebody rude hardly seems to be an insult to me. I'm fairly certain we can find many cases on this forum where we have called each other rude recently. BUT..... That comment was obviously meant to push some buttons since we all know her and Nathan didn't get along. This was supposed to be BBBs happy birthday wishes. Given that fact, it certainly seems that the inappropriate thread and time to bring up Nathan and deserving of a suspension.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2215
October 19th, 2019 at 9:57:40 PM permalink
Happy belated babs.

Now how am I going to know what eb is eating for the next few days? Does he have a Utube?
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
October 19th, 2019 at 9:57:43 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I think precedent has been set that "asking" would still be insulting, otherwise we can just get around the insult rule (and likely many others) by "asking" something.



In this particular case the ignoring part is fact. I am presuming as I have not looked at DT for confirmation. Rudely is merely an adjective of the undisputed action of ignoring.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
October 19th, 2019 at 10:02:03 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

What if you are legitimately asking somebody a question, aad no, I'm not talking about asking someone a question that's obviously meant as an insult "are you an idiot? "


Calling somebody rude hardly seems to be an insult to me. I'm fairly certain we can find many cases on this forum where we have called each other rude recently. BUT..... That comment was obviously meant to push some buttons since we all know her and Nathan didn't get along. This was supposed to be BBBs happy birthday wishes. Given that fact, it certainly seems that the inappropriate thread and time to bring up Nathan and deserving of a suspension.



Quote: AxelWolf

Technically, he asked if she was rudely ignoring it, however, Bob has gotten away with a few he shouldn't have so he should just consider it a wash.



The forum is like a town with super low speed limits. At any time one can be randomly cited for seemingly normal actions. That's one reason why less and less traffic is on the road.
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2106
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
October 19th, 2019 at 11:32:26 PM permalink
EvenBob with the rare happy birthday thread suspension.

Ya donít see those often.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6256
October 20th, 2019 at 12:28:52 AM permalink
Hope you had a nice birthday, Babs!
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 144
  • Posts: 18120
Thanks for this post from:
odiousgambit
October 20th, 2019 at 1:09:08 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

The forum is like a town with super low speed limits. At any time one can be randomly cited for seemingly normal actions. That's one reason why less and less traffic is on the road.

I'm sure you're aware that BBB and Nathan had some "serious" forum issues.
I didn't read what was going on over there at DT either. I'm fairly certain BBB isn't even happy with the fact that Nathan is on DT given the scathing post Nathan made to her. Is it just my imagination or was the C word was used(?) Anyways, I bet BBB WAS ignoring Nathan's birthday wishes, and rightfully so. So now Bob comes on here in BBB birthday wishes thread and can't leave well enough alone. He could have just wished BBB a happy birthday. But no, he has to bring up Nathan. It seems obvious BBB doesn't want to acknowledge Nathan's existence and I'm sure Bob knows that. It seems to me that the Wizard didn't find what Bob was up to very tasteful and suspended him for it.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
October 20th, 2019 at 1:52:28 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I'm sure you're aware that BBB and Nathan had some "serious" forum issues.
I didn't read what was going on over there at DT either. I'm fairly certain BBB isn't even happy with the fact that Nathan is on DT given the scathing post Nathan made to her. Is it just my imagination or was the C word was used(?) Anyways, I bet BBB WAS ignoring Nathan's birthday wishes, and rightfully so. So now Bob comes on here in BBB birthday wishes thread and can't leave well enough alone. He could have just wished BBB a happy birthday. But no, he has to bring up Nathan. It seems obvious BBB doesn't want to acknowledge Nathan's existence and I'm sure Bob knows that. It seems to me that the Wizard didn't find what Bob was up to very tasteful and suspended him for it.



Thanks for letting me know that I am right on the matter. When it takes 4-5, more than 3 assumptions and/or presumptions to defend an obviously wrong action you can be assured that your initial observation of wrongfulness is correct.
😀😀

Quote: AxelWolf

Technically, he asked if she was rudely ignoring it, however, Bob has gotten away with a few he shouldn't have so he should just consider it a wash.



Yeah, he's most likely guilty of something. Since that is so easy to be. Therefore all is right regarding a wrongful action. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
Ever consider running for Congress?

  • Jump to: