6 votes (8%)

75 members have voted

DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
February 21st, 2012 at 7:21:31 AM permalink
Mr. W.

Godwin's Law alert ...

The key point is that Mr. J^3 hasn't obviously broken forum rules.

When I'm driving on the freeway and an aggressive driver starts tailgaiting me, I have the option to speed up, step on the brakes, or move over. Sometimes I step on the brakes, but I don't like myself when I do that. That's letting the driver make me aggressive right back. Sometimes I speed up, but that's acting out of fear. The best choice is to move over.

I am surprised how many people engage Mr. J^3, who is so obviously an aggressive driver. Just move over. His fight is irrelevant and he wants attention. So do millions of others. Message boards create anonymous aggressive posts, just as the highways turn otherwise nice people into mumbledolopers.

It must be stressful to have people lobby you to do something about Mr. J^3. To me, life is way too short to be a benevolent dictator.

At least no one is mentioning Hitler.

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
February 21st, 2012 at 7:39:42 AM permalink
Please don't ban him. I find it entirely too entertaining to observe his disconnect with reality. I also enjoy watching his head explode.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 21st, 2012 at 7:42:01 AM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

I am surprised how many people engage Mr. J^3, who is so obviously an aggressive driver. Just move over.

Literally? :)

Sorry. but you have a good point. He's a troll, sure, and he knows the buttons to push. So just ignore him. Better yet, don't egg him on.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
February 21st, 2012 at 7:51:29 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Literally? :)

I almost used the word "literally" just to mock myself in my post ... thanks for remembering ...

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 21st, 2012 at 7:51:48 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

Is this enough to warrant being banned? I doubt it. I wish he would go away, but I don't know that I can say he has done something so evil that he should be banned. (I wouldn't jump to his defense though.) I would at least be happier if all of his I-have-a-winning-record-at-roulette posts were confined to the "Betting Systems" forum and if that forum's threads didn't show up in the list of Recent Threads. That would make it much easier for me to avoid the annoying posts and flame wars.

The ability to unsubscribe from forums and threads would help this a lot. I actually like Betting Systems threads, but I know a lot of people don't. The ability to mix/match your WoV experience would be ideal.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
dlevinelaw
dlevinelaw
  • Threads: 15
February 21st, 2012 at 8:03:12 AM permalink
I read far more than I comment, but I will add that he is far less irritating than mkl and Jerry Logan were. I don't even think he's in the same league. It can be annoying, but it is not so inflammatory as to be a substantial bother.
thlf
thlf
  • Threads: 16
February 21st, 2012 at 8:04:00 AM permalink
Voted no. If you don't like him don't get involved in the threads. I for one read that entire thing this morning. Why? It was entertaining as hell. The only rule I can see that MRJJJ violated was an insult. Got him 7 days in the slammer. What about the other 4 who personally insulted him. I believe I read "you are the stupidest person on this forum". That person should be banned as well.

I really don't see anything wrong with people coming on here and making claims. I've seen all kinds. If I don't like or don't believe I don't read or I don't participate. Nuff said.

Banning for life is pretty serious, therefore there should be a pretty serious infraction, not just we don't like him/her.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 21st, 2012 at 8:19:12 AM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

I almost used the word "literally" just to mock myself in my post ... thanks for remembering ...

You're welcome.

That's the kind fo thing I literally never forget :)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
February 21st, 2012 at 8:31:19 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I view his behavior like that of a Holocaust denier preaching his message on a site about Judaism, even if done in a polite way.

I think, this is way too harsh to Ken (and also kinda insensitive to the Jewish) to compare his simple, harmless craving for attention to the cruel, racist, hateful, and (usually) criminal attitude of the xenophobes.

He is delusional, narcissistic, sometimes, annoying, usually obnoxious ... but totally harmless, and, I'll maintain, amusing. If he wasn't (amusing that is), his threads would not go on and on for fifty pages. The fact of the matter is (most) people like arguing with him (or with anyone else, who is clearly and completely wrong, and evidently has an inferior ability), because it makes us feel better about ourselves.

I say, keep him on. And for those who don't want seeing his ramblings, the solution is simple (and you know it) - just don't go into his threads (or threads other people open about him - kinda speaks to his being amusing too, doesn't it?).

Now, if he hijacks someone else's thread, and starts with his (lol) (cough) stuff there, that's an entirely different story. IIRC, this does not really happen often though.

I don't buy into "oh, banning for life is such a serious measure, he does not deserve it" kind of argument. I mean, this is an online forum for God sakes, he'll survive without it. More over, it would, probably, do him more good than harm, buy freeing up some of his time to actually get a life. Besides, this is Wizard's forum, he is entirely free to pick and choose who he wants to see here, and who he does not. You don't have to "deserve" to be banned - if Wizard does not like you, it is reason enough.

So, to me, this is not about justice or fairness at all. I think, the right question to ask (if any) here is "would the forum become more or less entertaining to the participants if mrjjj is banned?", and my answer to it is the latter ("less entertaining" that is).
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 21st, 2012 at 8:32:55 AM permalink
Well said Ms. D.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer

• Jump to: