cattac
cattac
  • Threads: 1
December 19th, 2009 at 11:02:42 AM permalink
Ghost Pirates by netent has a new system instead of betlines. There are 243 ways to win. But there are some incongruencies with the amount bet and the difference in ways to win. Let me give an example...

* 3 ways to win, if you place 1 coin with a .01€ coin value, you placed a .01€ wager
* 9 ways to win, if you place 1 coin with a .01€ coin value, you placed a .03€ wager
* 27 ways to win, if you place 1 coin with a .01€ coin value, you placed a .08€ wager
* 81 ways to win, if you place 1 coin with a .01€ coin value, you placed a .15€ wager
* 243 ways to win, if you place 1 coin with a .01€ coin value, you placed a .25€ wager

Are they giving me uneven distribution of odd?

243 ways is 81 times more ways than 3 yet the bet is only 25 times more. Do you think they make up the difference with some RND manipulation or is it just plain uneven??

I bet you cant figure this one out Big Guy!!!

Thanks
Cattac
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
December 19th, 2009 at 6:33:07 PM permalink
I can't speak for this specific game, but I once did one like it. What I did was change the reel stripping, according to how much the player bet. With a max coin bet the player purchased every pay line at a big economy of scale, however it was with stingier reel stripping, with fewer wilds. Still, the maximum expected value was with the maximum bet.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
cattac
cattac
  • Threads: 1
December 21st, 2009 at 8:48:30 AM permalink
Thanks bug guy...

You are possible right. Cryptologic has a similar 243 ways to win, i hear. I like it. It is actually a very clear and simple way to see the symbols lining up for you as they are stopping. And it's different. I emailed my NetEnt affiliate support for an answer after I read yours. If they get back to me after Christmas I will post their answer.

Thanks
Cattac

gosh you don't have an avitar to upload... bumber I wanted to put my 2 poodles up there. I am sure everyone wants to see them!!
  • Jump to: