10 votes (8.4%)
4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
September 27th, 2016 at 10:54:29 AM permalink
Just curious- how can you really think Hilary will be better for the country- Do you want to pay more in taxes? Do you think we should just give out more welfare? Do you think we should invite all refugees in?
You can argue this country was founded on it but times were a million times different - you can do that anymore
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
September 27th, 2016 at 11:09:16 AM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Just curious- how can you really think Hilary will be better for the country- Do you want to pay more in taxes? Do you think we should just give out more welfare? Do you think we should invite all refugees in?
You can argue this country was founded on it but times were a million times different - you can do that anymore

I believe a Hillary administration would be a third Obama term with a more coherent foreign policy. I'll take that in a New York minute over a Trump presidency.
To paraphrase Ronald Reagan- Are you better off now than you were eight years ago?. Back then, my house and portfolio had taken large hits, my company was struggling and I was close to laying off workers. In fact, I did cut some peoples hours. I had dozens of brothers in combat, now there are much fewer, and most importantly people are more optimistic than they were in the fall of 2008.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 27th, 2016 at 11:14:40 AM permalink

Here's my canned response I always give:

"I'm not rich.
I'm not religious.
I'm not a racist.

Therefore I have no reason to vote Republican."
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
September 27th, 2016 at 11:17:37 AM permalink
Same here but do you really feel bigger government is better? Look I'm not all republican either - I believe in abortion and clearly don't think anyone has the right to a machine gun- but come on- how can we keep letting in refugees and destroying our sense of safety in this country- do you want to become Israel and fear every day for your life
ams288
ams288
September 27th, 2016 at 11:35:59 AM permalink

Same here but do you really feel bigger government is better? Look I'm not all republican either - I believe in abortion and clearly don't think anyone has the right to a machine gun- but come on- how can we keep letting in refugees and destroying our sense of safety in this country- do you want to become Israel and fear every day for your life

I'm more worried about white supremacists like Dylann Roof and the Nazi guy who just shot a bunch of people in Houston than I am worried about refugees.

I just don't buy into the fear mongering. The "lone wolf" terrorists are already here. Blocking refugees ain't gonna do anything.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
September 27th, 2016 at 11:39:06 AM permalink
How many Dylan roofs are there- why cancel it with more refugees-
I don't want radical Islamic muslims anymore then I was nazis here
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 27th, 2016 at 11:53:48 AM permalink

Question for anyone. Suppose we were letting in 10,000 from Kurdistan in particular.

I'm just trying to gauge anti-muslim in general, anti-muslim in particular,
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
September 27th, 2016 at 12:02:38 PM permalink

How many Dylan roofs are there- why cancel it with more refugees-

Study Says White Extremists Have Killed More Americans in the U.S. Than Jihadists Since 9/11

This was done before San Bernadino and Orlando, so now Jihadists would be in the lead... but it's hard to pretend we don't have a problem with Right Wing Extremists in this country.

Which is why it is so disturbing how Trump seems to be catering to them.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
September 27th, 2016 at 12:21:39 PM permalink

Many, many studies have shown--and my personal experience confirms--that whether a person is or is not afraid of something has very little to do with the actual degree of danger that thing presents. I believe, and so far, experience confirms, that the so-called threat from these refugees is vastly overstated. Do you want to fear them anyway? Fine--but that doesn't mean there's any reason to. "Destroying our sense of safety"???? I mean, come ON--even you don't wait until darkness falls before dashing from tree to tree to get to your car, fearful of being ambushed by a bloodthirsty, crazed MOOOZLEEEM REFUGEE. Nor do you stay away from public gatherings, shopping malls, etc.

And I have several friends who now live in Israel. They are undoubtedly in more day-to-day personal danger from terrorism than you and I will ever be, but that doesn't keep them from going about their daily lives. And it sure doesn't make them want to support a crazy orangutan who makes false promises that he will keep them safe!

Re your question about government, your question is meaningless because I would ask, "bigger than what"? I am dumbfounded at conservatives saying that "gummint am bad." We have plenty of examples, past and present, of what human society with little or no government devolves into. And yes, I really feel that a government that keeps our air and water clean, our food from being poisonous, our drugs from killing us, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. is an intrinsic good. I know the Repubblekin mantra is that taxes are bad and that more gummint means more taxes. But society should operate from a perspective other than that of what does or does not benefit the rich. Donald Trump can employ food tasters. You and I have to rely on the FDA.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 27th, 2016 at 12:24:12 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Question for anyone. Suppose we were letting in 10,000 from Kurdistan in particular.

I'm just trying to gauge anti-muslim in general, anti-muslim in particular,

Then we would have lots of Kurds in our way, and there is a nursery rhyme specifically warning us against that.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
September 27th, 2016 at 12:25:23 PM permalink
Come on- do you really think that is who he panders to?
Be real -is he perfect - clearly not- does he put foot in mouth and not always politically correct ? Of course
But be real- just like last night/ the beauty contestant who gained weight- she was in a beauty contest of course putting on an absurd amount of weight is a problem-
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 27th, 2016 at 12:32:15 PM permalink

Be real -is he perfect - clearly not- does he put foot in mouth and not always politically correct ? Of course
But be real- just like last night/ the beauty contestant who gained weight- she was in a beauty contest of course putting on an absurd amount of weight is a problem-

Yet another person calling common decency "political correctness"---sigh.

If you want to believe in The Donald, there is little that logic or common decency can do to change your mind. I would hope, though, that seeing him fly apart like a cheap watch up there on the stage would at least give you pause. I mean, even someone who totally licks his boots re his racism, sexism, and everything else -ism would have to be appalled at the way he could barely articulate a coherent thought.
billryan
billryan
September 27th, 2016 at 12:32:17 PM permalink

Didn't she win the contest? Must not have been much of a problem. Today she said she was promised ten percent of a revenue stream and never received dime.
I wonder how many more surprises Team Hilary has up their sleeves.
Last edited by: billryan on Sep 27, 2016
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
September 27th, 2016 at 12:43:51 PM permalink
Our country is a mess- forget anything else - 20 trillion in debt- that sums up the mess
ams288
ams288
September 27th, 2016 at 1:02:50 PM permalink

Our country is a mess- forget anything else - 20 trillion in debt- that sums up the mess

Vote for Trump and add 5 trillion to that with a great new pointless tax break for the rich!
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 27th, 2016 at 1:13:23 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Vote for Trump and add 5 trillion to that with a great new pointless tax break for the rich!

That was one of the times when Hillary missed the boat. He railed about the $20 trillion deficit, saying "we owe that money"--ignoring the fact that we owe that money mostly to OURSELVES. Also, a savvy businessman like Trump should applaud the fact that we pay less than 1% APR on that debt. If Trump could borrow $20 trillion at those rates, he'd do it in a heartbeat and use the funds to build Germania. Or was that someone else...

So Hillary should have asked him why he advocated a tax plan that would increase that horrible deficit by over 25%. He tried to say she was personally responsible for that debt, as if she was the one who set fiscal policy, and that Obama was too (ditto). He, as usual, was talking out of several orifices at once.

Oh wait! The Donald will pay for that deficit with his Burrito Tax on Mexicans! The price of a carne asada burrito will shoot up to $47, but hey, he never liked Mexican food anyway.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 27th, 2016 at 1:21:36 PM permalink

Well, a statement like "our country is a mess" is silly, because it can't be proved or refuted. A mess compared to what, exactly? And a mess by what criteria?

You, like many folks, are overestimating the impact of that debt. It's not at dire as it seems. What matters is what it costs to SERVICE that debt, not the amount itself. And interest rates are at near-historic lows. At several points in the last few years, T-Bills have carried ZERO interest. That's because our economy is much sounder than that of any other nation in the world.

As I pointed out in another post, borrowing money is a very sound strategy when the cost of that money (interest) is minimal. That applies for business or government. Trump should actually agree. The only difference is that the major element of HIS borrowing strategy is to never pay the money back.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
September 27th, 2016 at 2:15:04 PM permalink
Quote: Joeshlabotnik

Then we would have lots of Kurds in our way

Absolutely sublime.

I'm curious about rxwine's question also. It just doesn't make sense. Crazy gonna crazy. Ain't hardly a race or culture out there that ain't got some crazy. Even the Nordic's go a little bats#$% every now and again. We certainly do on the regular. So what's the problem?

No-go zones? Has any culture ever made a "no-go zone" in an area that you'd want to go anyway? I don't really see a "Muslim area" unless I go to Toronto, but I can think of probably ten "no-go's" in my neck of the woods, all made no-go's by born and raised Americanos. What's the problem?

And it strikes me as odd as it's quite a partisan issue, and those on the "nay" side are also those most likely to be ammosexual. Sharia law? Please. You know if a woman was raped, and the Muslim side of town drags her into the street to stone her, you can shoot every one of them, right? I can't imagine a Muslim population in my town, but if they set up shop where I go fishing, I'm going fishing. And if they leer and jeer, great! If there's someone who doesn't like me, and all I have to do to ruin their day is exist, then f#$%ing GREAT. And if they decide violence must befall this infidel based on my disbelief of their wacky ways, that's a green light for an asswhoopin'. What's the problem?

Seems to me it's an opportunity to play the savior card AND maybe get some decent, hard working folks in country, while POSSIBLY giving us defenders a chance to whoop some ass without a 4yr contract with Uncle Sam. That's a Michael Scott win/win/win.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
ams288
ams288
September 27th, 2016 at 2:16:21 PM permalink
Quote: realDonaldTrump

Hillary's been failing for 30 years in not getting the job done - it will never change.

Anyone notice the double negative problem with this tweet?

If she's failing in not getting the job done.... she's getting the job done.

He's a dummy.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
September 27th, 2016 at 7:46:13 PM permalink
84 million people watched the debate, most since Carter/Reagan and record breaking. If you think they tuned in for Hillary, well ;-)....
Trump is going to win in a landslide.
Hillary draws hundreds to her rallies while Trump has to accommodate thousands and still turns away thousands.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 27th, 2016 at 8:20:29 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

84 million people watched the debate, most since Carter/Reagan and record breaking. If you think they tuned in for Hillary, well ;-)....
Hillary draws hundreds to her rallies while Trump has to accommodate thousands and still turns away thousands.

That's because joining a screaming mob is intrinsically more attractive to Trumpers than it is to Clinton supporters. You feel less like a failure when you're surrounding by people chanting hate slogans. Trump rallies are/were mass masturbation.

I think that people tuned in to watch the debate, not "for" either candidate. It was primarily entertainment for most, though watching Trump spew was only kinda sorta entertaining, and mostly just repulsive.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
September 27th, 2016 at 9:04:16 PM permalink

Define "landslide" and then let's bet on it. Talk is cheap.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
MaxPen
MaxPen
September 27th, 2016 at 9:31:19 PM permalink
I have plenty of action on Trump. So my money is where my mouth is.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
September 27th, 2016 at 10:41:57 PM permalink

I have plenty of action on Trump. So my money is where my mouth is.

No, it's not. You just said Trump would win by a landslide. I doubt you have any action on that bet.

So, again, define "landslide", then let's bet. Talk is cheap.

If you need help defining it, I'll suggest the weakest possible victory that might still be considered a landslide by at least some: ≥56% of the popular vote and ≥60% of the electoral vote (≥323 electoral votes). If you truly believe Trump is going to win in a landslide, let's make it an even money bet. If you won't bet, then I think you don't really believe your own prediction (or you have a different definition of "landslide" than the rest of the planet).
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 27th, 2016 at 11:46:47 PM permalink
Good grief.

Quote:

Trump said he won the debate, even though "I was holding back. I didn't want to embarrass her."

He's certainly the king of trash talking.

Wasn't it Richard Pryor who does the bit where he tells his friend to pretend to hold him back so he doesn't actually have to fight and get beat up?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he-was-holding-back-in-debate-with-clinton/ar-BBwIGP2?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 28th, 2016 at 2:44:13 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

CEO's are obligated to maximize the social welfare of their shareholders.

Maximize their "social welfare?" I was always taught it was to maximize shareholder wealth. Social welfare is a government concept.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 28th, 2016 at 3:58:33 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Good grief.

He's certainly the king of trash talking.

Wasn't it Richard Pryor who does the bit where he tells his friend to pretend to hold him back so he doesn't actually have to fight and get beat up?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he-was-holding-back-in-debate-with-clinton/ar-BBwIGP2?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp

The amazing thing is he thinks he has a leg to stand on if he brings this up. His record as a serial adulterer on his 3rd marriage is atrocious. His public comments to the gossip columns are a matter of recorded history, as well as the first 2 wives, including the rape charges filed against him. Not to mention wife 3 was an illegal immigrant when he started up with her.

Her standing by Bill through his indiscretions shows her strength and faith. Foolish to invite the comparison. Especially given who the undecideds seem to be, mostly religious moderates and independents, mostly women. Him making public allusions to it are likely as far as he dares to go. But then, when talking about Trump, "likely" goes out the window. So I guess we'll see.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MaxPen
MaxPen
September 28th, 2016 at 4:37:49 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

No, it's not. You just said Trump would win by a landslide. I doubt you have any action on that bet.

If you need help defining it, I'll suggest the weakest possible victory that might still be considered a landslide by at least some: ≥56% of the popular vote and ≥60% of the electoral vote (≥323 electoral votes). If you truly believe Trump is going to win in a landslide, let's make it an even money bet. If you won't bet, then I think you don't really believe your own prediction (or you have a different definition of "landslide" than the rest of the planet).

First of all, I have never met you, therefore most likely would not give you action, without someone vouching for you. Secondly, I would bet against myself at even money. Nice try though. Anything less than 10-1 would be diluting my current action on a Trump landslide. So, we can reconvene when the election is over.
ams288
ams288
September 28th, 2016 at 5:26:29 AM permalink
Can someone define what a "landslide" would be for Trump?

Looking at the electoral map, a landslide seems highly improbable. If he won, it would be by a slim margin. One state would probably make the difference.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
September 28th, 2016 at 6:32:57 AM permalink

First of all, I have never met you, therefore most likely would not give you action, without someone vouching for you. Secondly, I would bet against myself at even money. Nice try though. Anything less than 10-1 would be diluting my current action on a Trump landslide. So, we can reconvene when the election is over.

I have to imagine the Wizard of Vegas would vouch for Michealbluejay
I would imagine several admins would vouch for Michealbluejay
By the way have I met the Wizard, an admin and members in real life and I don't live in Vegas.
Actually have a tee time scheduled with a member in a couple of weeks :-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 28th, 2016 at 7:30:29 AM permalink

He wasn't so much interested in making a bet with you as in seeing if you were actually willing to defend your ridiculous prediction. And as with most people who make such statements, you weren't. No surprise.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 28th, 2016 at 7:45:15 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The amazing thing is he thinks he has a leg to stand on if he brings this up. His record as a serial adulterer on his 3rd marriage is atrocious. His public comments to the gossip columns are a matter of recorded history, as well as the first 2 wives, including the rape charges filed against him. Not to mention wife 3 was an illegal immigrant when he started up with her.

Her standing by Bill through his indiscretions shows her strength and faith. Foolish to invite the comparison. Especially given who the undecideds seem to be, mostly religious moderates and independents, mostly women. Him making public allusions to it are likely as far as he dares to go. But then, when talking about Trump, "likely" goes out the window. So I guess we'll see.

While it's hard to measure precisely, his tendency to go off on silly tangents seems to be in direct proportion to his current level of desperation. Given that the only tactic he knows is to attack somebody, he's attacked Hillary FOR BEING THE WIFE OF BILL CLINTON several times; given that it's such a stupid tactic, he's only used it out of desperation. Of course, it has the potential to backfire on him. But then, so did his attacks on Mexicans, Muslims, women, the disabled, judges, cops, garbage men, barbers, Eskimos, and bunny rabbits. He came through all that mostly unscathed. He might still be under the impression that he can say just about anything and get away with it. He might be right. Look at what happens every time he lies--a brief firestorm of indignation, an assertion that he was telling the truth from Trumpers, and then it all dies down. Back to business as usual, until his next lie.

I've talked to people who have this bizarre hatred of the Clintons, and while it's idiotic, I also understand how powerful it is. The thing is, at this phase of the race, it's all about converting the undecided to your cause. There's no way Trump is going to turn anyone into a Clinton-hater at this point. So he's blowing hot air for nothing, a condition that pretty much defines his entire existence.

Maybe when all this nonsense is done, we can fake the historical record to show that Trump wasn't born in the US. That way, our shame would be less.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
September 28th, 2016 at 7:56:55 AM permalink

First of all, I have never met you, therefore most likely would not give you action

I'm sure the Wizard himself would vouch for me, and would probably be willing to hold both our wagers in escrow. And I'd insist on an escrow agent, because I don't know you either.

Anything less than 10-1 would be diluting my current action on a Trump landslide.

Oh please. If you're really so confident about a Trump landslide, you'd be willing to bet on it without my giving you odds. Meaning, you're not really confident about a Trump landslide. Big surprise.

Nice try, though.
ams288
ams288
September 28th, 2016 at 8:26:42 AM permalink
I'd still like someone to define what a "landslide" win would be for Trump... How many electoral votes does he have to get for it to be a landslide?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 28th, 2016 at 8:28:05 AM permalink

First of all, I have never met you, therefore most likely would not give you action

I'm sure the Wizard himself would vouch for me, and would probably be willing to hold both our wagers in escrow. And I'd insist on an escrow agent, because I don't know you either.

Oh please. If you're really so confident about a Trump landslide, you'd be willing to bet on it without my giving you odds. Meaning, you're not really confident about a Trump landslide. Big surprise.

Nice try, though.

LOL. You're the one that wanted to bet. He offered a line. I don't remember MaxPen saying he was really confident Trump would win in a landslide. And yes, MaxPen does have action on that, I was there when he made the bet. I actually might have action on the same thing (although I can't remember).

If you're so confident Trump will not win by a landslide (either lose or win by something less than a landslide), you'd be willing to offer odds.

MaxPen has put his money where his mouth is -- why haven't you?

I'd still like someone to define what a "landslide" win would be for Trump... How many electoral votes does he have to get for it to be a landslide?

Go back a page or 2 and read.
ams288
ams288
September 28th, 2016 at 8:41:38 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Go back a page or 2 and read.

Can you just quote the post for me?

Because I did go back a page or 2. Two people asked what would constitute a "landslide." No one answered, as far as I can tell.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 28th, 2016 at 8:56:29 AM permalink

A liberal asking for a hand out, I see.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
September 28th, 2016 at 9:19:06 AM permalink

If you're so confident Trump will not win by a landslide (either lose or win by something less than a landslide), you'd be willing to offer odds.

I'm not the one coming on this board and stating confidently that Trump will win in a landslide. It's not about my confidence that Trump won't have a landslide victory, it's about MaxPen's insistence that he will. If he won't take even money on that bet, then that shows he's not actually confident, that he doesn't actually believe what he spouts here.

I've give odds to others on this same bet, but not to MaxPen, because he's the one boasting about a landslide victory for Trump.

MaxPen has put his money where his mouth is.

Hardly.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
September 28th, 2016 at 9:23:35 AM permalink
Where would someone even get the idea that Trump would win in a landslide? Oh, wait:

Rush Limbaugh predicts landslide victory for Trump

Well, that explains a lot.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
September 28th, 2016 at 9:34:12 AM permalink

I personally took this picture
Tampa Convention Center June 11
Picture was taken while Trump was on stage speaking
Looks like hundreds when the room could accommodate thousands

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22787213@N02/27603171525/in/dateposted-public/

By the way, looking to make a bet regarding the landslide you are predicting
Many members on this site will vouch for my honesty regarding bets

Trump is no longer having rallies at the Tampa convention center
Its too big
Last local rally was at the much smaller Tampa Fair grounds building
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 28th, 2016 at 9:49:27 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I personally took this picture
Tampa Convention Center June 11
Picture was taken while Trump was on stage speaking
Looks like hundreds when the room could accommodate thousands

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22787213@N02/27603171525/in/dateposted-public/

By the way, looking to make a bet regarding the landslide you are predicting
Many members on this site will vouch for my honesty regarding bets

Trump is no longer having rallies at the Tampa convention center
Its too big
Last local rally was at the much smaller Tampa Fair grounds building

QUIT TELLING THE TRUTH!!!! Trumpers don't like it!
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
September 28th, 2016 at 9:55:08 AM permalink

A liberal asking for a hand out, I see.

Are you actually as partisan nutball as you sound in your posts, or are you just trolling/posturing/amusing yourself? Because it's hard to tell--you spout Trumper nonsense, but at the same time, some of the things you say are actually coherent and make some kind of sense.

It's kind of silly to discuss the odds for or against a Trump "landslide" when the term hasn't been defined. I seriously doubt that anyone with a functioning cerebrum really thinks that any Trump win would be anything other than a quite narrow one--even that MaxPen dude who keeps saying that Trump will win by sixty billion votes, or something.
MaxPen
MaxPen
September 28th, 2016 at 9:58:33 AM permalink
Quote: Joeshlabotnik

He wasn't so much interested in making a bet with you as in seeing if you were actually willing to defend your ridiculous prediction. And as with most people who make such statements, you weren't. No surprise.

No sense for even money when I can get odds elsewhere. Enough said. Trump pays better than even money for a marginal victory.
MaxPen
MaxPen
September 28th, 2016 at 10:02:05 AM permalink

Because I did go back a page or 2. Two people asked what would constitute a "landslide." No one answered, as far as I can tell.

Landslide was pretty well defined in a previous post.
ams288
ams288
September 28th, 2016 at 10:03:32 AM permalink

Landslide was pretty well defined in a previous post.

What post? I didn't see it.

You and RS seem to think this post exists. I can't find it.

Curious. Seems like you're trying to give yourself some wiggle room....
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
September 28th, 2016 at 10:05:56 AM permalink
Just getting caught up on the thread and had to lol @ folks who said Trump won the debate.

Thanks for the laugh. Almost spit my coffee up.
ams288
ams288
September 28th, 2016 at 10:07:55 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Just getting caught up on the thread and had to lol @ folks who said Trump won the debate.

Thanks for the laugh. Almost spit my coffee up.

Didn't you see all the online polls that had him winning? Drudge said so! It must be true!
MaxPen
MaxPen
September 28th, 2016 at 10:07:55 AM permalink

Pay attention Ams. Above was a very good definition of a landslide win.
ams288
ams288
September 28th, 2016 at 10:09:29 AM permalink

Pay attention Ams. Above was a very good definition of a landslide win.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

No way in hell will Trump get anywhere near 56% of the popular vote. That would be a crazy bet to make.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
September 28th, 2016 at 10:16:37 AM permalink
But MaxPen never defined landslide. I asked him to, he didn't. (Just like he refused to back up his landslide prediction with an actual bet.) The definition of landslide above is the one I suggested, since he wouldn't. And until his post just now, he never even acknowledged my suggested definition of landslide, much less accepted it.
  • Jump to: